04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
Myers sent down ………………………………………………………………… waste of time - DUMB :ha:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Wow... they really sent him down before Folin... f*** this piece of shit coach.

Now I REALLY want this defense (outside of the 3 young guys) to backfire hard. And you know it f***ing will. I have a feeling we're going to be like the Islanders last year. Capable of scoring tons of goals, but giving up as many, if not more.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Anyone else notice that laughton was PKing over Knight. Not really seeing the need for him unless it is to keep Wiese and Lehtera out of the line up

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hextall makes the roster decisions.

Hextall signed Folin, and he is in no hurry to waive him.

Yeah, the schizophrenia around here is amusing
Personnel decision you don't like, must be Hakstol
Personnel decision you do like, must be Hextall.

Uh, Hextall runs the show, I don't know how anyone can question that after the last four seasons.

Why would Hextall be in a hurry to waive Folin, he's your 7th D-man, low cost, and you may be able to trade him at the TDL for a draft pick if Morin is ready and you need the roster spot or Myers is playing so well it's time to bring him up. Meanwhile, he's insurance against the inevitable injury that isn't long enough to justify a spot on IR and a LHV call up.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Yeah, the schizophrenia around here is amusing
Personnel decision you don't like, must be Hakstol
Personnel decision you do like, must be Hextall.

Uh, Hextall runs the show, I don't know how anyone can question that after the last four seasons.

Why would Hextall be in a hurry to waive Folin, he's your 7th D-man, low cost, and you may be able to trade him at the TDL for a draft pick if Morin is ready and you need the roster spot or Myers is playing so well it's time to bring him up. Meanwhile, he's insurance against the inevitable injury that isn't long enough to justify a spot on IR and a LHV call up.
Hextall was interested in Folin back in 2014 when the defenseman was one of the most coveted free agents coming out of UMASS-Lowell

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Your unwavering support for Corban Bleu Knight makes me smile, deady. I’m so happy that you have another fringe player to add to your menagerie. You love the unlovables, across every major sport, and it’s a thankless job.

Like I've said, he's a placeholder, since they're committed to Laughton at LW, the alternatives are Weal and Lehtera.
Uh, I'll try Knight first. I've seen the other two.

Reactions: Benji007

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Hextall makes the roster decisions.

Hextall signed Folin, and he is in no hurry to waive him.

Yep, Folin is the designated press box sitter, which would be worse for Myers than playing top minutes with the Phantoms (if he plays top minutes, which is another discussion). Once MacDonald had his Lazarus moment and returned a month early -- he probably didn't want to become the Flyers' Wally Pipp -- Myers would have had to put the team on his back to win a spot, especially as a waiver-immune Dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad