Praise From a Bruins Fan + Marchand\Julien Comments (See post #77)

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I would rather have Juilen whining to the media like he did after he lost to Montreal than praising us.

I've no doubt Carylyle is pushing this "Us against the world, they're all laughing at us" agenda in the dressing room. Julien was smart not to give the Leafs any extra bloodthirst.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I thought you had transmogrified into a Bruins fan? Why are you still here?

I have and I'm here because I post in the jays thread on a daily basis and saw this thread. Thought I'd come in and give some praise to the new look leafs. How wrong of me.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Imagine if you guys had lost to the Canucks for the cup, then got flooded with Canucks fans telling you that you were a worthy opponent for them winning against. Would that make you feel good?
Its not the stanley cup ffs. This is a regular season game ,what a half assed argument

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Omg we lost the game, this is sad we need pats on the heads from a real cup contender. Embarrassing.

^
This.

I doubt we'd be getting praise from a Bruins booster had we won that game last night.

This reeks of condescension - we get owned by them - again - and have to watch Seguin outplay Kessel - again - as if we needed anymore reasons to hate that godforsaken trade.

If/when we ever manage to return the favour and actually win a game against them, I'll make a point to jump onto their board and give them all a pat on the head too.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, I understand the guy is just trying to be nice but I hate threads like these. As if the Bruins are some almighty team that to even be competitive against them is some sort of consolation.

Yeah screw that nonsense. I don't need to see this big brother approval from another fanbase. I want to see Phaneuf put Seguin through the boards, Kessel score a hat trick against Rask, Kadri burning Chara on the rush and McLaren to knock out Lucic, repeatedly. In the playoffs. Most importantly, I want guys like the OP on the Boston board hating us more than Montreal and Vancouver combined!

Don't forget what really matters. We want to kick their ass.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
thanks for the praise, but I still hate it when bruins fans go "thank you Kessel"

Just once I'd like to see Kessel show up for a game against the Bruins and actually DO SOME SCORING to shut up that chant.

Come on Kessel, man up!!!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Yeah screw that nonsense. I don't need to see this big brother approval from another fanbase. I want to see Phaneuf put Seguin through the boards, Kessel score a hat trick against Rask, Kadri burning Chara on the rush and McLaren to knock out Lucic, repeatedly. In the playoffs. Most importantly, I want guys like the OP on the Boston board hating us more than Montreal and Vancouver combined!

Don't forget what really matters. We want to kick their ass.

Right on, brotha, right on!

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
The irony is that the fan base that complains about the softness of Kessel is so fragile that it can't even accept a compliment from a rival fan base.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The irony is that the fan base that complains about the softness of Kessel is so fragile that it can't even accept a compliment from a rival fan base.

A) This isn't an example of irony.

B) The true mark of success is animosity and hatred from opponents and their fanbases.

C) The day we knock the Bruins out of the playoffs, their fans won't be coming over to shake our hands...

D) Screw the Bruins and their brand of semi-skilled junk hockey.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

B) The true mark of success is animosity and hatred from opponents and their fanbases.

C) The day we knock the Bruins out of the playoffs, their fans won't be coming over to shake our hands...

Semi skilled junk hockey wins you a cup. That's why your teams new style is very similar to ours.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Semi skilled junk hockey wins you a cup. That's why your teams new style is very similar to ours.

You're still pretending to be a Bruins fan? How can anyone stop cheering for this gorgeous jersey? They're like the Blue Jays on ice...

Jake+Gardiner+Montreal+Canadiens+v+Toronto+syRrzpM-D5Vl.jpg

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

How are we similar. All Boston does is dump the puck in and pray for the best.

Outside of that, Chara holds down the defense like nobody's business. Take Chara out and the bruins struggle to make playoffs

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

A/ ok. Never really understood the proper definition of irony.

B&C/ Believe it or not sportsmanship can still have a place in sports. Just because some one likes team A, doesn't mean they can't appreciate team B.

D/ Would that be the junk hockey that won the Cup in 2011, or the junk hockey that has the 2nd best winning percentage in the league this year?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
A/ ok. Never really understood the proper definition of irony.

B&C/ Believe it or not sportsmanship can still have a place in sports. Just because some one likes team A, doesn't mean they can't appreciate team B.

D/ Would that be the junk hockey that won the Cup in 2011, or the junk hockey that has the 2nd best winning percentage in the league this year?

I will be a perfectly sportsmanlike fan when we edge Boston 4-2 and congratulate them on losing valiantly.

Not in the business of praising another team after they've kicked our ***** just a bit less than normal after the 8th straight loss.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Reminds me of the praise Roger Federer gives when he shakes hands with the loser over the net. Burke's major success was in rebuilding the Bruins.

Morlesio14*

I don't know about u guys but, seguin is my least favourite player in the world. I'll tell you why. My grade 8 teacher (I'm only in grade 9) taught him and said that he was rude, ignorant and cocky. we should have had him. I was at a hockey camp at st mikes where the majors used to play and I got decked by some kid who had like 3 inches on me and 25 pounds on me, seguin was training there and saw the hit and laughed and me. Douch****

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Maybe i am mistaken but i thought i read that story/quote before the game even began with both Julien and Marchand commentary. Not quite the same as rubbing salt into the wounds post-game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad