Praise From a Bruins Fan + Marchand\Julien Comments (See post #77)

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say I watched the game last night, and was pretty impressed with the effort your boys put in. Obviously Kessel and Dion have their shortcomings, but there is a lot to like on your team. I can't get enough of Kadri... kid is an absolute stud. Just imagine had he came up a year or two ago, and been given a legit chance? He has #1 centre written all over him.

I also wanted to say that I know it can't be very fun watching Boston over the past few years, but I watch a lot of Leafs games, and you guys are finally turning a corner. There will, and I stand by it fully, be playoffs in Toronto this year. Also, I definitely like the Leafs fans on this board far more than our "friends" in Vancouver and Montreal.

Good game last night boys, and it's being shown pretty clearly to me, that no longer will the games Boston plays against you guys be a rollover. You guys definitely came to play last night, and as a fan of hockey in general, it makes it a much better game to watch.

Cheers,

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say I watched the game last night, and was pretty impressed with the effort your boys put in. Obviously Kessel and Dion have their shortcomings, but there is a lot to like on your team. I can't get enough of Kadri... kid is an absolute stud. Just imagine had he came up a year or two ago, and been given a legit chance? He has #1 centre written all over him.

I also wanted to say that I know it can't be very fun watching Boston over the past few years, but I watch a lot of Leafs games, and you guys are finally turning a corner. There will, and I stand by it fully, be playoffs in Toronto this year. Also, I definitely like the Leafs fans on this board far more than our "friends" in Vancouver and Montreal.

Good game last night boys, and it's being shown pretty clearly to me, that no longer will the games Boston plays against you guys be a rollover. You guys definitely came to play last night, and as a fan of hockey in general, it makes it a much better game to watch.

Cheers,

Nope our team is the suckiest sucks who ever sucked!

Just read the PGT!

:sarcasm:

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Thanks for the kind comments. It's always nice when an outsider provides some positive feedback about our team because after a loss, you would think that this team should just blow it all up. I certainly look at our games against Boston this year as a step in the right direction. The outcome may be the same as last year but the losses are completely different types of losses. Anyone who thinks that a team that's still a work in progress in a new system is going to all of a sudden turn the corner and be picking up wins against an incredibly sound, Cup contending team that has had our number over the past years isn't being realistic. Boston is the team that I have used to really gauge how well this team is adapting to their system and so far, I think the positives have outweighed the negatives. It's going to take patience to see the fruits of their labour turn into better outcomes against Boston but at some point something has got to give and they'll win eventually, right?

I'll apologize in advance for when that time comes because it'll be a glorious day for Leafs fans and I'm sure some of them will give off the impression that they've just won the Stanley Cup. :laugh:

Despite the trade, I find that Leafs and Bruins fans on here are generally pretty decent to one another, haha.

headwire

Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
Given that it was the second game in two nights for the Leafs, I really liked the effort that they put in. You could tell that the boys were tired at the end of the game. Especially Kessel and Phaneuf.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. I dislike the Bruins, but that dislike is more because the team is so damn good and it's hard to beat them, rather than the hate I have for Montreal or Ottawa cause of their annoying ass fans and irritating player personnel.

And truth be told I want the Leafs to follow a Bruins mould rather than Vancouver or Montreal, more toughness and aggressive cycling and forechecking as opposed to small finesse guys.

I may not like your team but I have a respect for them that I don't have for Montreal or Ottawa. I appreciated how Bruins fans defended the Leafs when they destroyed Montreal 6-0 that night and all the whiny Hab fans were out in full force on the main board :shakehead

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Hey guys,

Cheers,

Glad others can see this as well. Thanks for the compliments.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hey guys,

Cheers,

Thank you kind sir .. I feel like we can tolerate each other's teams in the future

Now let's go back to mutually hating the Habs, and go kick the Sens down a few pegs .. Buffalo's a disaster, so it'd be mean to pick on them

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. I dislike the Bruins, but that dislike is more because the team is so damn good and it's hard to beat them, rather than the hate I have for Montreal or Ottawa cause of their annoying ass fans and irritating player personnel.

And truth be told I want the Leafs to follow a Bruins mould rather than Vancouver or Montreal, more toughness and aggressive cycling and forechecking as opposed to small finesse guys.

I may not like your team but I have a respect for them that I don't have for Montreal or Ottawa. I appreciated how Bruins fans defended the Leafs when they destroyed Montreal 6-0 that night and all the whiny Hab fans were out in full force on the main board :shakehead

Both teams mirror each other in many ways, it's just Boston is more experienced and have had some amazing success the last 3-4 years unlike us who are just getting used to the more defensive system that Carlyle likes to play. Julien and Carlyle have very similar coaching styles, big rugged teams that forecheck and preach defensive details. Both coaches like to play collapse hockey around the net and then making sure the points are covered or at least rushed into making a quick pass/dump around/or shot. The more the team moulds itself into what Carlyle wants and with some more player movement that fits the type of team Carlyle wants we'll start having the same long term success Boston is having. We're not there yet, but there are definitely signs of it.

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
The praise was legit and his comments were money

Kessel stunk the joint out so did Phaneuf by the way

And Kadri is a #1C so we can stop looking and focus on an upgrade at #2C

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
Just like Leaf fans would love to face Ottawa lol, Its always fun to know your going to win before the games even start.

I don't think it would be a wipeout by any stretch of the imagination. It'd be fierce, hard hitting hockey with tons of emotion, for fans of two teams that haven't played a lot of high stakes games in the past decade. The storylines in there, as well, would make it a pretty fun thing to watch.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Meh, our training wheels must still be on if we get congratulated for losing well to Boston in a regular season game. A real hurdle will be when we take a bite out of the Bruins in a big game and their fan base is fuming.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I don't think it would be a wipeout by any stretch of the imagination. It'd be fierce, hard hitting hockey with tons of emotion, for fans of two teams that haven't played a lot of high stakes games in the past decade. The storylines in there, as well, would make it a pretty fun thing to watch.

So basically because Toronto has sucked for the last decade and Boston ripped them off in a major deal it would make it an interesting series.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Have no fear Leafs fans. We pre lock out 2005 we used to get beat by Sens frequently in the season and smash them in the playoffs

So theres hope for us yet!

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Boston has had our number since Green went there. Third line centre that played huge against us all the time. It will change in time.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Got to love the condescending praise.

I didn't find him condescending at all.

I find it pretty funny that a regular contributor to the Blue Jays thread is calling a person out for being condescending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad