Potential players to look at the TDL

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Canuck fan coming in peace.

So someone (An article from something called wheel house hockey. Houseofhockey.net) is suggesting that the Canucks are close on a deal with NJ.

Disliked that I gave a click to a rumor monger site. I'd be careful with putting too much stock into sites like that. They tend to misrepresent things and spin it with a sexy headline. The legitimate reporters always joke about how they get "radio'd" by these sort of sites who make it seem like they said something they definitely didn't say.

In this case their source is some random Vancouver fan on Twitter? Looking through the guy's posts and he seems like he's mostly just throwing out ideas rather than having any particular sources. The "writer" for the site doesn't appear to attach his last name to the story either which would be a red flag for me.

Dreger mentioned on an Insider Trading segment last week that some teams would be interested in Boeser with retention and that Vancouver was willing to that concept to maximize its return.

Saw a few people on the main board link to rumor monger sites that parroted Dreger's statement but then added their own trade ideas to make it seem like Dreger said it.

Unrelated, but I had a friend who was briefly a writer for one of those content farms. One of his first assignments was writing about who the Penguins should target at the 2010 NHL Draft. My friend knew next to nothing about the draft. But after 10 minutes of Google searches, he cobbled something together. I cringe to think that anybody read that article and thought he had any insight.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Disliked that I gave a click to a rumor monger site. I'd be careful with putting too much stock into sites like that. They tend to misrepresent things and spin it with a sexy headline. The legitimate reporters always joke about how they get "radio'd" by these sort of sites who make it seem like they said something they definitely didn't say.

In this case their source is some random Vancouver fan on Twitter? Looking through the guy's posts and he seems like he's mostly just throwing out ideas rather than having any particular sources. The "writer" for the site doesn't appear to attach his last name to the story either which would be a red flag for me.

Dreger mentioned on an Insider Trading segment last week that some teams would be interested in Boeser with retention and that Vancouver was willing to that concept to maximize its return.

Saw a few people on the main board link to rumor monger sites that parroted Dreger's statement but then added their own trade ideas to make it seem like Dreger said it.

Unrelated, but I had a friend who was briefly a writer for one of those content farms. One of his first assignments was writing about who the Penguins should target at the 2010 NHL Draft. My friend knew next to nothing about the draft. But after 10 minutes of Google searches, he cobbled something together. I cringe to think that anybody read that article and thought he had any insight.

I can’t believe you’re doubting this guy!

1,205 followers and they pay 8 bucks for a blue checkmark? They must have some insider knowledge.

He’s got mixed messages on Boeser though…

The saddest part of this Mike Morreale follows the account lol.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Tyler Bertuzzi. The type of player the devils need. Perfect LW for Jack. Top six hands combined with 4th line intangibles.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mdj12784

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Tyler Bertuzzi. The type of player the devils need. Perfect LW for Jack. Top six hands combined with 4th line intangibles.

Would gladly take Bertuzzi as a Plan B option if things fall thru with Meier over the rest of the garbage like Boeser, Anderson & Domi that the Devils are supposedly linked to.

Should be relatively cheap, as he's struggled since returning from injury - just 1 assist and is -7 in 8 games since returning. Had 30 goals and 32 assists in 68 games last season.

Reactions: mdj12784 and Mgd31

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Would gladly take Bertuzzi as a Plan B option if things fall thru with Meier over the rest of the garbage like Boeser, Anderson & Domi that the Devils are supposedly linked to.

Should be relatively cheap, as he's struggled since returning from injury - just 1 assist and is -7 in 8 games since returning. Had 30 goals and 32 assists in 68 games last season.
I'm reluctant to get a guy coming off injury playing poorly. Just because a guy can get on the ice and not make it worse doesn't mean he doesn't have some lingering issues limiting him. On some level I think we are seeing that with Wood.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Injuries are bound to happen in the playoffs, which is why I’d like to get one veteran D like a Gudas or Kulikov.
Someone good defensively that is reliable and has some bite to him.
Yes I know we have Bahl Okhotiuk and Luke for the playoffs but if someone like Marino goes down , I’d way rather use Gudas ( for his experience ) than someone like Bahl. Just for the playoffs. I just think it’s too important of games to risk a rookie possibly making rookie mistakes and costing us a game.
Who knows though , maybe one of the rookies will be reliable enough by then ? I just dont know if they want a rookie to get that experience of playoff hockey or if they prefer a vet for security ?
I don’t want us to use a lot of assets in this D addition , so only if we can get a guy like Gudas for a late pick or expendable lesser prospect .

Im a the point we’re it Meier or bust. I dont think someone like Tarasenko is worth getting into a bidding war over. I can’t see him being anything more than a rental so I think Fitz passes?

I just want us to get Meier sooner than later . Now that Stone is hurt , Vegas will be at least inquiring about Meier . Get it done nkw before other teams up their offers or the bidding war gets crazy on him.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
This feels like the offseason where it could legitimately be the right move to do nothing or make a smaller addition, but fans are so convinced about Meier at this point that if it doesn't happen, they'll assume Fitz blew it like the Fiala/Gaudreau situations.

Bertuzzi is interesting if we're getting 2021-22 Bertuzzi, but I don't love giving up any of the premium assets for a pending UFA that has been injury plagued and below his career average this year. Maybe it's an opportunity to to buy low on him and sign him to a cheaper deal than he might have got a year ago if he does well. He has the 2nd lowest PDO and 3rd highest xGF% among forwards on his team so maybe he's just getting unlucky, but his counting stats are uninspiring to say the least. I honestly haven't watched much of the Red Wings this season so I don't know which is which. Either way, it would have to be a 2nd+4th or 2nd+C level prospect type return for me to feel good about it.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
This feels like the offseason where it could legitimately be the right move to do nothing or make a smaller addition, but fans are so convinced about Meier at this point that if it doesn't happen, they'll assume Fitz blew it like the Fiala/Gaudreau situations.

Bertuzzi is interesting if we're getting 2021-22 Bertuzzi, but I don't love giving up any of the premium assets for a pending UFA that has been injury plagued and below his career average this year. Maybe it's an opportunity to to buy low on him and sign him to a cheaper deal than he might have got a year ago if he does well. He has the 2nd lowest PDO and 3rd highest xGF% among forwards on his team so maybe he's just getting unlucky, but his counting stats are uninspiring to say the least. I honestly haven't watched much of the Red Wings this season so I don't know which is which. Either way, it would have to be a 2nd+4th or 2nd+C level prospect type return for me to feel good about it.

Yea if you can get him starting with a pick less than a 1st then might as well take the chance if you strike out on Meier/others.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Bertuzzi would be a cult hero on this team. He's strange in a good way,

Last edited:
Reactions: mdj12784

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

Ya , no interest in Boeser at all. Only thing that scares me is Fitz will probably only trade for a player that fits long term ,,amd there is not many options like that out there after Meier and Boeser .
Boeser would not be a good fit at all. I’d rather we keep Shara long term and use him imstead of where Boeser would be brought in for …..

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Bertuzzi would be upgrading the Wood-type player section of the team with someone who can play higher up in the line-up.

He’s not good defensively but not completely terrible (it’s tough to judge on Detroit).

A complimentary player, he would need to sign as a bit of a bargain for me to be ok about it.

Injuries dropped him to “3.6m” on the new card, but he’s worth more than that. He could be looking for +6m and I would be unenthusiastic about that.

7029B631-F44D-4931-8C53-08C61FF8C33A.png

2D51C361-C26C-4064-9F6C-01CAFF2DC64C.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bertuzzi would be upgrading the Wood-type player section of the team with someone who can play higher up in the line-up.

He’s not good defensively but not completely terrible (it’s tough to judge on Detroit).

A complimentary player, he would need to sign as a bit of a bargain for me to be ok about it.

Injuries dropped him to “3.6m” on the new card, but he’s worth more than that. He could be looking for +6m and I would be unenthusiastic about that.

View attachment 645391
View attachment 645392
Bertuzzi as a rental = fine with me

Bertuzzi extended = f*** no for me.

Not someone I’d wanna tie that much money into for that many more years.

That would almost feel like wronging the right of not extending Wood for the stupid ass dollars and term some were calling for him at about 4 months ago, which he has since played himself far out of those neighborhoods.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Is this a vax joke? Or legit?

If we got Bertuzzi will Wood ever see power play ice again?

260E3A76-162A-4692-84C7-36050C80F536.jpeg

CC6880E2-B133-4C9B-B66D-535700D5F751.jpeg

He was also Zac Rinaldo’s agent at the time, who also wasn’t vaccinated.

(Not Bode Wilde’s though.)

Bertuzzi as a rental = fine with me

Bertuzzi extended = f*** no for me.

Not someone I’d wanna tie that much money into for that many more years.

That would almost feel like wronging the right of not extending Wood for the stupid ass dollars and term some were calling for him at about 4 months ago, which he has since played himself far out of those neighborhoods.
Not sure Bertuzzi would be that cheap a rental and I’m not interested in spending much on rentals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad