Speculation: Potential future coaches

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I’ve been meaning to start this thread for a little while now. I think given recent events the timing now makes the most sense. Let’s assume there’s to be a change at some point during the season or offseason, be it assistant coach (you know who) or the entire staff including Guy. I’d like to know your candidates for who you’d like to replace him/them in any event of firing. Again this is entirely speculative and we may not see anything. My personal thoughts are it’ll wait until the offseason in terms of head coach. Raymond though? Might be a bit sooner. Curious to hear each of your respective opinions in terms of coaching candidate upgrades via coaching style, resume etc. Best case scenerio while still being relatively realistic.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
I say extend Boucher, but not Raymond.

I'd say at least let the year play out. Most were singing his praises early on until Tkachuk got injured and things started to go off the rails. Our revitalized power play alone is enough to keep Boucher around in my opinion. I really want to see what this team can do when we've got everyone healthy and on board for a good stretch of games. As bad as it's been they are still basically a .500 team at the moment and that's with probably having the worst roster on paper in the NHL.
Raymond on the other hand clearly hasn't been any good at developing any systems he's been responsible for....so somethings gotta change there.

Reactions: pzeeman

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
tumblr_mubikuCEJM1qdbe91o1_400.gif

macclean.gif

Bring Paul MacLean back to finish the season. The Walrus brought swagger to the team.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Can we get a good coach for once?

No.

No we can't.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ugh, anything but MacLean. He's possibly even more of a dinosaur than Boucher.

I actually liked MacLean. He could be stubborn, but he coached a high pace system that focused on offense, and was an absolute riot in interviews. If we could have eliminated the benny hill themed running around in our own end while he was here, and somehow gotten him to ease up on the GNR line, it would have been awesome.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I actually liked MacLean. He could be stubborn, but he coached a high pace system that focused on offense, and was an absolute riot in interviews. If we could have eliminated the benny hill themed running around in our own end while he was here, and somehow gotten him to ease up on the GNR line, it would have been awesome.
Wasn't it the GSN line?

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Good coaches cost money.

Money we don't have.

So we will continue on with the Raymond's of the world, until we get an actual owner.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Guy Boucher will be fired soon enough and replaced by Marc Crawford becoming the interim coach, mostly because we would still have to pay Marc Crawford. Then the media will have half a season to try their best to sell Troy Mann to the fanbase, because he will be the cheapest option with the best angle for the media and the org to spin the hire.

Book it!

Reactions: TheBradyBunch

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Well you can strike the top 3/4 of the current candidate list off right away due to a combo of our lunatic of a meddling owner and his seeming refusal to pay even low end market rates for really anything, if they make a change I assume it would just be Crawford promoted. This team has a long way to go before even being able to consider attracting decent talent at any position.

Reactions: bert

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Quenneville would be unreal. Too bad we are stuck with these complicit clowns that no one respects.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dorion and Melnyk are not going to react to this by firing and replacing one or more coaches. 4 players participate in a private conversation where they are critical of the PK and the PK coach. If coaches got fired because a player or 3 or 4 vent about things they are doing it would be a constant revolving door.

I am not saying we couldn't use a coaching change but it won't be on the heels of this leaked Uber ride

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

2 Teams always striving to be better, which the easy decision for them would have been to stay the status quo, but they don't. A team just fired a coach that won 3 Stanley cups for them in 5 years. As opposed to our team who's gonna back up an unproven assistant junior coach that has been responsible for league worst special teams and gets no respect from the players he coaches.

This is what it looks like when 2 organizations are always striving to be better compared to a an organization that's always looking to just survive and barely stay above water with no clear goal of winning it all.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Bring back "the Count" if only for his scintillating post game interviews. Lol

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Dorion and Melnyk are not going to react to this by firing and replacing one or more coaches. 4 players participate in a private conversation where they are critical of the PK and the PK coach. If coaches got fired because a player or 3 or 4 vent about things they are doing it would be a constant revolving door.

I am not saying we couldn't use a coaching change but it won't be on the heels of this leaked Uber ride
Agree, But if coaching changes was already a discussion from management this might be the time to do it.

You have 2 good option, but pricy option in Queenville ( Who won multiple Stanley cup ) and Vigneault ( who actually has success ).

If they want a successful rebuild, they are going to need to invest in a proper coaching staff who bring respect and a winning pedigree.

Nothing against Boucher.. But if we see the patern of his 3 years and out.. The player also see it. Might be difficult to believe in what he is telling them. I have the feeling that Boucher would be a effective assistant.. After all, Boucher is a good communicator and he is showing to be a good PP coach this year.

with the quality of coaches in our division.. i think we need a real veteran coach.

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
How about Dale Hawerchuk or Kirk Muller both former players who should have the respect of the team....

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Agree, But if coaching changes was already a discussion from management this might be the time to do it.

You have 2 good option, but pricy option in Queenville ( Who won multiple Stanley cup ) and Vigneault ( who actually has success ).

If they want a successful rebuild, they are going to need to invest in a proper coaching staff who bring respect and a winning pedigree.

Nothing against Boucher.. But if we see the patern of his 3 years and out.. The player also see it. Might be difficult to believe in what he is telling them. I have the feeling that Boucher would be a effective assistant.. After all, Boucher is a good communicator and he is showing to be a good PP coach this year.

with the quality of coaches in our division.. i think we need a real veteran coach.
Yup should have fired the whole crew at the end of last year. Dorion as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad