Speculation: Potential future coaches

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It'll be an unknown or someone looking for redemption

I doubt whoever we get next will be as good as Boucher is honestly.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Guy Boucher will be fired soon enough and replaced by Marc Crawford becoming the interim coach, mostly because we would still have to pay Marc Crawford. Then the media will have half a season to try their best to sell Troy Mann to the fanbase, because he will be the cheapest option with the best angle for the media and the org to spin the hire.

Book it!

Why do you think there's a chance that Boucher is going to be fired?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Why would it cost money if Quenneville and Vigneault are still under contract? Do the Sens only have to pay whatever they want to pay him , minus the salary already being paid by the other clubs?

Not 100% sure about this, but I think the new team simply takes over the current contract.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Why do you think there's a chance that Boucher is going to be fired?

Because he's in the final year of his contract and it's looking like this year won't be any better than last.

We actually had a better record at this point last season, so if we keep going down this path, firing the coach you aren't going to extend in the offseason in February/March is exactly the type of "this level of play is unacceptable" show that Dorion and Melnyk would put on.

They wouldn't be out any money since Crawford would just be the interim HC, and then in the summer, they'll go out and hire another cheap coach from the junior ranks.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hartley I think would come for cheap as he is stuck in Europe

Ugh.

Why don't we just hire Fred Flinstone if we're resigning ourselves to playing like it's still 1995? Just commit to playing a severely outdated style of hockey that won't work in the sport's highest league anymore, and commit fully.

What is Don Cherry doing these days? Maybe we can convince Milbury to give up his broadcasting job and set up behind a bench again. Is Toe Blake still alive? If not, he'd probably be a cheap option, too. :sarcasm:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Because he's in the final year of his contract and it's looking like this year won't be any better than last.

We actually had a better record at this point last season, so if we keep going down this path, firing the coach you aren't going to extend in the offseason in February/March is exactly the type of "this level of play is unacceptable" show that Dorion and Melnyk would put on.

They wouldn't be out any money since Crawford would just be the interim HC, and then in the summer, they'll go out and hire another cheap coach from the junior ranks.
Crawford would be a step down from Boucher

Reactions: Clayonator

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Crawford would be a step down from Boucher

I agree. But that doesn't matter. The season will be lost, it'll all be for show. "Look at us. We're serious. We fired the coach. Check out this rebuild." It was too expensive to move on after last season, but that's not a problem anymore.

Last year the scapegoat was Karlsson and "culture".
This year the scapegoat will be Boucher and "systems".

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Boucher imo is better than Quenville. However, Doug Wilson would be nice.
What about Pierre McGuire?:sarcasm:

What on earth would make you think that Boucher is a better coach than Queenville?...

Dominic Ducharme is who the sens should hire, Montreal was smart and hired him as an assistant and they are playing exactly the way his WJC team did. Go give him the head coaching job he wont even be expensive.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
The two guys I'd look it, since we only have a shot at the up-and-comers, are Ducharme from Montreal and Sheldon Keefe from Toronto. With that said, both will probably wait for better options.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I still like Stevens.

He got a raw deal in LA - they're the slowest team in the league, with an aging core, young players who stalled in their development, and an injured starting goalie. What else would you expect to have happened? He took the fall as the org's last resort before being forced into making unpopular roster moves to break up a core that has won multiple Cups, but aren't what they once were.

Someone is going to pick him up and be very happy with the results.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's too early for him, way too early, but I'd love to be able to make some contact with Ryan Falkenham and begin to groom him towards moving on up to the AHL in a few or so years. He knows how the game should be played, and is a very smart guy with regards to gameplay (even if he wasn't able to do it on the ice). Keep him in the loop for a few years, bring him up to the AHL in a couple of years. He will be a very good coach, very soon, regardless of his age.

Mann is also familiar with him. He'd be a guy I'd like in an Asst. coach position in a couple years.

Was hand picked by Ducharme, who knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Ugh.

Why don't we just hire Fred Flinstone if we're resigning ourselves to playing like it's still 1995? Just commit to playing a severely outdated style of hockey that won't work in the sport's highest league anymore, and commit fully.

What is Don Cherry doing these days? Maybe we can convince Milbury to give up his broadcasting job and set up behind a bench again. Is Toe Blake still alive? If not, he'd probably be a cheap option, too. :sarcasm:
Agree its far from perfect but if you hire new coach he needs to be the cheapest first and foremost then want to be under Dorion-Melnyk
That shrink the potential by A LOT
The Quenneville of this world ... forget it
The new breed of coach...forget it

Thats why I proposed Hartley

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Just ride it out and see how things shake up in the offseason: we might be losing a combination of or all of Stone, Dzingel and Duchene.

There is no point in getting a new coach or an interim coach at this juncture.

I say keep Boucher, dump who doesn't want to be here and be done with this endless mess. Firing another coach because of locker room issues is a one-way ticket to having no credibility whatsoever.

We need to keep what little we have left.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Agree its far from perfect but if you hire new coach he needs to be the cheapest first and foremost then want to be under Dorion-Melnyk
That shrink the potential by A LOT
The Quenneville of this world ... forget it
The new breed of coach...forget it

Thats why I proposed Hartley

I'd rather give the job to some junior coach I've never heard of, before giving the job to Hartley.

Hartley is specifically, exactly the kind of coach I don't want anywhere near our org. At least some rando WHL guy might pan out if all the stars align. Hartley is basically GUARANTEED FAILURE ar this point.

I'd honeslty prefer keeping our entire coaching staff if the alternative is Bob frigging Hartley.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

So who would replace Crawford, and the duties he has now?

We don't know how the season is going to end up, better or worse, in respect to last year, but there is a different mission this season, than there was last season ......... so measuring this season against last season would seem unfair, would it not.

Last season they made the trade with Colorado, and were expecting to go deep into the playoffs ..... and that did not pan out the way they intended.

This season is the first year of a re-build and a lot of youth has bee brought into the line up, compared to last season.

I see Boucher staying on for the rest of the season, and depending on how they finish the season, in respect to what they expected, he could be let go after his contract expires, or be offered another contract if he is the best option.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
You resign Boucher until the younger players get better then replace him so the team can transition into being average until we tear it down again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad