Speculation: Potential future coaches

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
No chance Dorion fires cosches. He will stick by them and continue to try and build "a team"

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Didnt people sour pretty quick on MacLean when we switched from that free flowing 2011/12 team to trying to be more structured team which pretty much ended up being stuck in our zone all day. Anyways it's been a long time since maybe my memory is getting cloggy :skeptic:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Didnt people sour pretty quick on MacLean when we switched from that free flowing 2011/12 team to trying to be more structured team which pretty much ended up being stuck in our zone all day. Anyways it's been a long time since maybe my memory is getting cloggy :skeptic:
Dzone was bad under Maclean as well

Reactions: DrEasy

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The ownerSHIP is sinking and is rotten to the core, replacing one of the deck chairs really won't do much imo.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Why would it cost money if Quenneville and Vigneault are still under contract? Do the Sens only have to pay whatever they want to pay him , minus the salary already being paid by the other clubs?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Why would it cost money if Quenneville and Vigneault are still under contract? Do the Sens only have to pay whatever they want to pay him , minus the salary already being paid by the other clubs?

Money aside, neither of these guys would have any interest to work under Dorion and Melnyk, nor should they. They both will get big $$ somewhere between now and next season.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

That's already guaranteed money. Those guys can sit at home and do nothing and still get paid. Why would they do work for another team without getting more money than they are already guaranteed to earn?

Reactions: bert

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
That's already guaranteed money. Those guys can sit at home and do nothing and still get paid. Why would they do work for another team without getting more money than they are already guaranteed to earn?
Right, but if Quenneville is getting 5 Mil, have a hard time believing he wants another 5?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Right, but if Quenneville is getting 5 Mil, have a hard time believing he wants another 5?

I assume he would want at least market rate, considering his resume he should want a lot more and deserves it, we cannot really even come close to market rate thus no quality coaches would consider coming here imo. At last check it was rumoured we pay our entire coaching staff a fraction in total of say what a top end coach like Joel or Babcock would make themselves.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I assume he would want at least market rate, considering his resume he should want a lot more and deserves it, we cannot really even come close to market rate thus no quality coaches would consider coming here imo. At last check it was rumoured we pay our entire coaching staff a fraction in total of say what a top end coach like Joel or Babcock would make themselves.

This wouldnt surprise me. The salary discrepancy between the top and even just tier 2 coaches is massive and coaching salaries, it seems, have been on a bit of an elevator the last year or two. Quinn, NYR, (5 x 2.4) and Haskol, PHI, (3 x 2.0) contracts are a pretty good indicator of that.

I'm guessing Boucher's contract was 3 x 900k-1.25m. The lowest on record is Jeff Blashill (800k/yr). Boudreau got 4 x 2.625m from Minnesota (probably around what we needed to offer him).

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
But if he is under contract, he cannot stack the contracts, from what I understand. If the Sens pay him 1M, Chicago will then pay 4M. Unless I am mistaken.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
This wouldnt surprise me. The salary discrepancy between the top and even just tier 2 coaches is massive and coaching salaries, it seems, have been on a bit of an elevator the last year or two. Quinn, NYR, (5 x 2.4) and Haskol, PHI, (3 x 2.0) contracts are a pretty good indicator of that.

I'm guessing Boucher's contract was 3 x 900k-1.25m. The lowest on record is Jeff Blashill (800k/yr). Boudreau got 4 x 2.625m from Minnesota (probably around what we needed to offer him).

I had heard GB was at the 8-900k mark, basically among the lowest in the league which would be in line with everything else this team has done financially.

But if he is under contract, he cannot stack the contracts, from what I understand. If the Sens pay him 1M, Chicago will then pay 4M. Unless I am mistaken.

Ah okay I see what your getting at, that's a good question and one I don't know the answer too, I don't think we really have to worry about it though.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada

I would assume he can't be under contract with 2 teams, when he would like to sign with the Sens (insanity?) he would have to come to an agreement with Chicago to terminate his contract...for whatever $ figure that might be.

Just my 2cents

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I had heard GB was at the 8-900k mark, basically among the lowest in the league which would be in line with everything else this team has done financially.

Most coaches dont have their salaries posted publicly but here is a collection of all of them:

Coaches - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Tocchett, Blashill, Boughner, and Green are the only coaches on record making 1.5m or below, although only 11 salaries are publicly available.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Quenville seeing Dorion sitting behind the desk

zGHQb4O.gif

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Boucher imo is better than Quenville. However, Doug Wilson would be nice.
What about Pierre McGuire?:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad