Seravalli: Potential for Tyler Myers to San Jose (for Kevin Labanc?)

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Myers and what for Labanc. If it was 1 for 1, that would be a bad deal for Grier.
The bet would be that Grier can flip Myers at the deadline for a decent asset (like a 3rd rounder or something) whereas Labanc has no trade value under any circumstances.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This trade doesn’t really make sense for either side. Yes VAN gets out of Myers’ bonus but the last thing they need is more soft offensive middle sixers that need to be insulated. Hell they hate Garland and Boeser and I’d say they’re a bit better than Labanc.

Sharks have so many bottom pairing D that it’s insane. Really only Karlsson should be playing above third pair.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I don't think Myers would have any more value than Labanc at the moment.
Not at the moment but if you retain 50% and/or launder him through a third team there will definitely be takers for a 6'8" right shot defenseman at the deadline.

Reactions: quat

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I would have felt nothing about this deal, other than now the Canucks need to sign another defenseman and trade another forward to make room for Labanc.
This trade didn't happen because the Canucks said no.
Grier has been leaking to the media since he started so I'm guessing this came directly from him.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Gross for the Canucks.

Both on an expiring deal, Myers is the way better asset that would return a lot more than Labanc at the trade deadline.

Canucks would only open around 1.25 mil in Salary.

Not worth it.

Not to mention Canucks are flushed with Wingers.

Just hang onto Myers, and flip him at the deadline for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
If Myers was making league minimum ( 700k ) is there a single playoff team that wouldn’t take him as their 6th dman?

That's the funny thing, his value kinda sucks now but come trade deadline I can imagine him returning at least a 3rd. And someone will give him at least 3 mill + term next year I imagine.

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
I used to think Seravalli was a credible source for inside info, but lately he's been throwing random rumors just to create click-bait for his podcasts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad