Seravalli: Potential for Tyler Myers to San Jose (for Kevin Labanc?)

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Latest update from July 3rd:

Roughly transcribed:

"I believe the Canucks have had a deal on the table for Tyler Myers for weeks now [...] I don't know what the hold is for how long it has lingered out there. But I think the Canucks, and I believe it's the San Jose Sharks, have talked about Tyler Myers. I don't know where that is going, but something to keep an eye on. A lot of people are assuming because of the signing bonus that it is impossible to make a trade. Not sure that is the case." —Seravelli

RE: the hold-up described... my speculation:
  • Could be waiting for the Tyler Myers signing bonus to be paid this off-season
  • Could be waiting for EK65 to be traded
  • Could be waiting for Vancouver to see which (if any) defensemen they can sign in free agency
  • Could be San Jose's pro-scouting staff throwing up a red flag... unless they are seeking a tank commander?

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Roughly transcribed:

"I believe the Canucks have had a deal on the table for Tyler Myers for weeks now [...] I don't know what the hold is for how long it has lingered out there. But I think the Canucks, and I believe it's the San Jose Sharks, have talked about Tyler Myers. I don't know where that is going, but something to keep an eye on. A lot of people are assuming because of the signing bonus that it is impossible to make a trade. Not sure that is the case." —Seravelli

• Could be waiting for Vancouver to see which (if any) defensemen they can sign in free agency
  • Could be San Jose's pro-scouting staff throwing up a red flag... unless they are seeking a tank commander?

He’d be EK replacement after bonus is paid. It’s contingent on EK being traded

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

Roughly transcribed:

San Jose still needs high picks, Myers helps with that. I see the logic.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
He's at least good enought to be playing in this league. If he was making 3-4 million, I'm not sure we would have to be paying his signing bonus or attaching a pick to trade him. I think at the trade deadline, with his signing bonus in the rearview and just ~250k in actual dollars remaining to be paid he may get us a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I still think if his bonus is paid he's going to be a relatively attractive piece to a tankathon team that wants some NHL players that don't cost much real money and helps them get to the floor. If Chicago willingly signs Foligno for 4 million (in real and cap dollars), seems like Myers for 6 (1 million in real dollars) would be pretty attractive no?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I wonder if there wouldn't be a market for Myers to Montreal once Edmundson is moved, for Dvorak, who seems to fill a need in Vancouver.

Myers+3d rounder for Dvorak?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad