Speculation: Potential deadline deals?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Moving Polak is not a good idea at all.

Wherever Bishop goes I wish him the best of luck. I like him a lot.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I fear the thought of the Blackhawks getting Burmistrov. Good thing their GM seems to be an idiot.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Burmi is their 4th line center right now, he'd be extremely cheap IMO, but he doesn't have a spot in our lineup. All of our current top 9 centers are better than him and Nichol is a better 4th line center due to his faceoffs.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Burmi is their 4th line center right now, he'd be extremely cheap IMO, but he doesn't have a spot in our lineup. All of our current top 9 centers are better than him and Nichol is a better 4th line center due to his faceoffs.

Agree. I don't think he'd cost a huge amount to pick up, but it has to be something that would improve the Jets offense, and we can't offer that without hurting our team. If the Blue Jackets were a little further out, I would have expected them to move for him.

I still think Burmistrov will be a good player, but it makes no sense for us right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Gritty 3d line veteran (20%) or something in net (10%) or nothing (70%).

Blues fans annoyed about something 110%.

I don't know who I'm more impressed with right now, Armstrong or Stillman and the rest of the owners.

If we do add something though, I'd like a 3rd/4th line, preferably 3rd that can be a real physical force. Someone with size with a little bit of skill who can play the role that Sobotka played early in the season, start on the 4th, but have shifts on the 3rd when needed.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blues fans annoyed about something 110%.

I don't know who I'm more impressed with right now, Armstrong or Stillman and the rest of the owners.

If we do add something though, I'd like a 3rd/4th line, preferably 3rd that can be a real physical force. Someone with size with a little bit of skill who can play the role that Sobotka played early in the season, start on the 4th, but have shifts on the 3rd when needed.
I agree with this. I would be a fan of getting a guy like Raffi Torres. Yeah he can be an idiot but I think the Blues could use a little bit of mean nastiness for the playoffs. Could use some more energy. They don't have enough of it, IMO.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I agree with this. I would be a fan of getting a guy like Raffi Torres. Yeah he can be an idiot but I think the Blues could use a little bit of mean nastiness for the playoffs. Could use some more energy. They don't have enough of it, IMO.

Someone that will do what's needed to get some energy back into the team when they are having an off night. That's the difference between losing and squeaking out a win sometimes.

And if he pays Doughty back for what King did to Petro, then so be it.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Someone that will do what's needed to get some energy back into the team when they are having an off night. That's the difference between losing and squeaking out a win sometimes.

And if he pays Doughty back for what King did to Petro, then so be it.

Good point.

The question is can Torres still be an intimidator post-suspension while not crossing the line. I haven't seen enough of the Coyotes to give a take on this but it seems from the outside that he's toned it down this year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Good point.

The question is can Torres still be an intimidator post-suspension while not crossing the line. I haven't seen enough of the Coyotes to give a take on this but it seems from the outside that he's toned it down this year.

Good point, I haven't watched him much either, but I'm sure there are other guys out there that could fill that role.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Hitch sounds like he has no idea about Halák, but who knows really. He also made it sound like Oshie was going to miss quite a bit of time with his "when a guy goes on IR, you are week-to-week" comment.

It is the usual cards close to the chest stuff at this time of year.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I still don't really think Oshie was fully healed from his rib injury.

I mean if he has to take some time off then so be it, would rather he get healthy by the playoffs.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I still don't really think Oshie was fully healed from his rib injury.

I mean if he has to take some time off then so be it, would rather he get healthy by the playoffs.

I agree, you don't recover from a rib injury that forces you to miss games in only a week. I would think this is a combination of things for Oshie.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
If Halak is out as long as he is expected, Armstrong HAS to make a move for a goaltender if we want to go for a cup this year. While I'm labelled as a "Halak basher" I will say I don't mean to bash on him. I'm just disappointed with his play since coming here. While I do think Allen/Elliott is a better option for the regular season. I would at least want Halak to play in the playoffs because of his experience and with how last year's playoffs went.

But if they really don't think he can play come playoffs, you have to make a push for Miller or Luongo (as much as I hate saying that) today. Unless Armstrong has that much faith in Elliott and Allen.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Good.

Our defense is pretty much set next year no matter if Leopold signs or not. Unless he wows us we can probably let him walk and be fine.

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Russell-Polak
Cole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad