Speculation: Potential deadline deals?

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
With Leopold and Bouwmeester now on the blues, I'm curious to see everyone's opinions on if the blues will make another move, and what that move will be.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but werent the blues deeply under the salary cap? Does acquiring leo and JayBo change that?

Something else is gonna happen in my opinion. I just don't want to see Rattie or Jaskin leaving.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
With Halak hurt doesn't look like we will be acquiring a goalie during the deadline. I could see Perron or Berglund sent packing with Cole and maybe Ottawa's 2nd for an upgrade at forward. So my dreams of Halak+Cole for Miller went out the window when he went down this game.

illninofan*

If not Couturier, Burmistrov, pls.

Want to see him centering Frank. :thumbu:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think this team goes into the playoffs and if they fail, then Army makes moves for salary. If this team plays like they can, they will solve the financial issues themselves.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
I think this team goes into the playoffs and if they fail, then Army makes moves for salary. If this team plays like they can, they will solve the financial issues themselves.
For sure. I'd love to see a hockey trade, but doubt it happens. We won't have roster limits soon anyway.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
We don't need Pominville.

We need a big gritty forward up front that could ideally slide into the 3rd line or something.

And it shouldn't cost that much to get it.

I would use Russell, Cole, McDonald and lesser prospects as trade bait. I don't see Jaskin and Rattie going anywhere.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Moving McDonald would be great. Just clear that salary and get it over with, he won't be back. Get a bigger, grittier forward for the playoffs. Oh man.

Armstrong has done well so far, but I'm getting greedy. If he can swing one more deal for up front I'll be a happy camper. We have the depth to make a trade without giving up any picks or good prospects.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Good point.

Perron and Cole +??? for Stastny?

I personally would do any of Perron/Berglund/Oshie and Cole for Stas, but a lot of other fans here don't like his contract and think he is on decline in his career. I don't want to get into the whole deboggle unless the poster's who didn't agree have had their minds changed since we last talked about it with the whole Bouwmeester thing happening and all.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The need a scoring center. Solely based on this year's play they have a #2 (Backes) and a #3 (Berglund). They don't need any wingers, 4th liners or defensemen. Scoring centers who might be available, Ribiero.

If not a center possibly a goalie.

It's conceivable they're looking at Halak with his groin injury and thinking it might not be until the playoffs he's back and maybe not at all if the Blues lose round 1. We might not see Halak this year. If he's out 4-6 weeks with the groin (Hitchcock said "awhile") then the Blues will either go out early or another guy will have taken the net by winning playoff rounds as an underdog.

So a goalie is not out of the question. Cole for Kiprusoff?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Ribeiro is probably the only Center on the market that the Blues ought to be pursuing.

Redden and Russell will probably stay on as depth. If Panger is right and Cole is waiver eligible, I could see him being moved....or not, if there's no deal. His salary isn't terribly high, but 9 defensemen is probably more than necessary. Anyway, Russell is the true #7.

What are the Capitals' needs? What would the Blues need to give up to get Ribeiro?

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
I really wish we had a piece that would entice The Rangers to let us take Stepan off their hands. Hard to think of a better young (reasonable) C for Frank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad