Post-Game Talk: Postgame and 3 Stars : 1/29/13 : DAL @ DET

HTT3*

The fourth line was my favorite tonight. Played big, fast, mean and showed offensive flair. Emmerton is fitting in nicely with Miller and Tootoo

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, Emmerton is quietly growing on me.

:nod:

I was one of his biggest critics last year, but this year he seems to be better in everything but taking draws although its hard to judge him considering how little he plays.

Maybe its's playing with Tootoo. It seems whatever line Tootoo is on has looked better all season...his physical play seems to be infectious.

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
Allot of people giving Kronner a hard time around here. To be frank I think hes trying to hard ... hes trying to be Lids/Raf/Stuart/himself every shift and if overcommitting from time to time.

That being said - Ive liked his physicality. Ive liked most of his offensive reads. Hes skating very well right now. And yeah ... hes taking a ton of clappers from the point - because thats what Babs is having him do. Hes no Lids and Franzen is no Holmer but as things progress I think they will trend to some degree in that direction.

This team isnt as god awful as some are making it out to be. One thing thats inherently clear is how valuable a guy like Tootoo is ... every shift that guy is breaking his balls. Hes fought all comers and is playing like a real team-first player (unlike the end of his tenure in NAshville). Hes great for the crowd too. When Helmers back I want to see Helm/Abby/Tootoo line kill it ... Abdelakders better on wing anyways.

Bertuzzi Dats Filp
Franzen Zett Brunner
Abdelakder Helm Tootoo
Miller Emmerton Cleary

Id rather see Sheahan/Nyquist/Tatar as the 4th line but thats never gona happen.

HTT3*

:nod:

I was one of his biggest critics last year, but this year he seems to be better in everything but taking draws although its hard to judge him considering how little he plays.

Maybe its's playing with Tootoo. It seems whatever line Tootoo is on has looked better all season...his physical play seems to be infectious.

Emmerton was really good last yr in teh playoffs

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Kronwall tried pretty hard though. Three minors and an inexplicable wandering off to cover nobody that cost them the only goal against.

The rest of the D looks better, but Kronwall's been terrible this year and hasn't rounded into any kind of shape. Troubling.

Eh, give him a bit to go from #3/4 to "Lidstrom." There's bound to be some growing pains, and the compacted nature of this season isn't going to help.

Was going to add that he's playing Nick's assignments now. Those are fairly massive shoes to fill. :)

RedWingsNow*

Emmerton was really good last yr in teh playoffs

I think Emmerton is going to be a solid depth center in this league who puts a 20-goal season somewhere down the line... Perhaps a Greg Johnson type of career.

andresdrw

It's The System
Feb 18, 2008
Ah man, I was just getting used to the pessimism. Oh well, there is always next week.

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
I think Emmerton is going to be a solid depth center in this league who puts a 20-goal season somewhere down the line... Perhaps a Greg Johnson type of career.

No Offense but I think you're drunk lol I think Ferraro will turn into that player

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
LOL
Well, I don't drink any more.
But I drank enough in my 20s to cause permanent damage:laugh:

I don't mind Emmerton as the 13 14 forward because he can play center and is decent at every aspect of the game.. But he's just not great at anything either especially face offs.. This team could use a legit 4th line center bc it's very obvious that Abdelkader is much better on the wing..

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
ZOM Goodness that was quite a game for a boring Tuesday night! Just watched the replay and man alive in the 2nd the Wings got truckin. From there on out is was a glorious exhibition of Red Wings hustle, strength, and most of all intelligence. 1 word could sum up the 3rd, SWAGGA, baby! From Datsyuk to our rookies it feels like DRW hockey and that is extremely positive.

As usual our big forwards have been big. I'm fascinated as to what edge makes the top players in the NHL produce. They are just a fraction above their peers in determination is how it looks. This is a freakish season and I could imagine Miller or Cleary ending up with 0 points. Does it matter if our 3rd and 4th lines don't score? No one is going to care as long as there are wins.

5 cyborg The Fading Captains could not analyze what the heck is going on every shift, every few seconds. Back and forth possession, drop passes, blocks, scrambles, scrums, stick battles... you get what I'm trying to say. It's impossible to judge a player on one shift let alone one game. For example, B. Smith falls, makes an error, but then next instant pulls some sick deke to a rocket 2 line pass...he's getting it done! The pace is so furious, the players from the 1940's would drop dead if they could witness the speed of today's professional ice hockey. So many mistakes, like giveaways, but then a recovery and the puck is out the zone. Back and forth it's a warzone and it proves our team as of right now are some damn good hockey players. You play with courage, weather the storm, and may be emerge victorious.

Dallas wasn't terrible. They tried to fight through the entire game but Detroit slowly ground them down. As all NHL teams are gelling I'm that much more excited to check other teams in the West and see how the Wings stack up. Win or lose we are going to see some intense games. I think we're in for a much better contest at home against the Blues than game 1!

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Nice to see Flip get it going.

The scoreboard wasn't right for Lehtonen.. man he was scary out there.

Howard continuing solid play, D wasn't absolutely brutal. Still expecting more from Smith. Franzen too, though he's not as lazy anymore but needs to get it going offensively.

FadedWingsFan

Jan 28, 2013
Vancouver BC
When Mikael Samuelson is back what do you guys think the lines are going to look like, honestly i feel like franzen is better off playing with datsyuk for some reason i dont like the fact that Brunner who's supposed to be our sniper and Franzen also a guy who scores goals both on the same line they gotta give a sniper to Datsyuk in my opinion. Filpulla is more of a pass first guy although datsyuk has set him up beautifully and bertuzzi is really strong on the puck good forchecking and gets some goals aswell but datsyuk needs a 30-40 goal scorer on his side for real.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
Datsyuk was unreal last night (to bad he missed two open-netters :laugh:) Also, I'm really loving Z's game this season. And Ericsson is our #1 D in my eyes. Big E has really stepped up.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
When Mikael Samuelson is back what do you guys think the lines are going to look like, honestly i feel like franzen is better off playing with datsyuk for some reason i dont like the fact that Brunner who's supposed to be our sniper and Franzen also a guy who scores goals both on the same line they gotta give a sniper to Datsyuk in my opinion. Filpulla is more of a pass first guy although datsyuk has set him up beautifully and bertuzzi is really strong on the puck good forchecking and gets some goals aswell but datsyuk needs a 30-40 goal scorer on his side for real.

Put Sammy on third line as long as these current ones are working. Or switch him with Bert.

I'd keep Dats-Flip and Franzen-Z pairings. They have the best chemistry, imo.

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
Is it just me or is Brunner terrible defensively?

Like the guy - still a fan and gona be patient. But he plays defense like a 12 year old in a roller hockey league. Angles are bad, doesnt playthe body ever, and never has 2 hands. Hopfully Dats and Zett can teach him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad