Post-Game Talk: Postgame and 3 Stars : 1/29/13 : DAL @ DET

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
HAHAHA. Was just watching the 3 stars of the game and when Filppula gave the girl the stick, the girl next to here turned to her friend and said, "I'm going to punch this *****" hahahaha

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Great win! It was nice to see Dats turn it up. Brunner looks like a player and it was nice to see a pretty sound defensive effort. There were a few misques but I think when we get Helm back this could be a pretty solid team. Tootoo + Helm would be a really solid pair. I'd love to see Sammy and or Cleary dealt for a solid 3rd line center. I mean I'd love a top 2 defender as well but if the Wings could add a legit 3rd line center it would help us have 4 solid lines.

CVkTHYS.jpg

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I don't know that it was the "best game," it just wasn't the "worst game."

Nobody sucked tonight, which is a good thing.

Kronwall tried pretty hard though. Three minors and an inexplicable wandering off to cover nobody that cost them the only goal against.

The rest of the D looks better, but Kronwall's been terrible this year and hasn't rounded into any kind of shape. Troubling.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Kronwall tried pretty hard though. Three minors and an inexplicable wandering off to cover nobody that cost them the only goal against.

The rest of the D looks better, but Kronwall's been terrible this year and hasn't rounded into any kind of shape. Troubling.

I agree he's looked a bit out of sorts but I think part of that is he and E haven't worked things out yet. Kronner is very much a wanderer. Its why he kinda sucks as the shooter on the PP. Kronner is much better in the Raffy role. He shouldn't be QBing the PP. He should be the guy that can sneak into the slot. Once he and E get 20 games together he'll start to look better. He really does need a solid defensive d partner. Its why he and Stuart worked so well together.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Best effort so far this year. Everything is starting to click... I think. We're taking this in baby steps. Next step is to beat a legit team...

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I gave Z a star because you could tell he wanted to make Daley pay for the dive and bombed in the GWG - the way a captain should respond to a bad call.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I agree he's looked a bit out of sorts but I think part of that is he and E haven't worked things out yet. Kronner is very much a wanderer. Its why he kinda sucks as the shooter on the PP. Kronner is much better in the Raffy role. He shouldn't be QBing the PP. He should be the guy that can sneak into the slot. Once he and E get 20 games together he'll start to look better. He really does need a solid defensive d partner. Its why he and Stuart worked so well together.

The wander that cost them the goal in this one happened when he wandered off to cover a line change, though. It's not like he was pinching for a scoring chance or even stepping up to truck somebody - he just wandered off to get a better view of the Dallas line change while two guys went by him.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net

Eh, give him a bit to go from #3/4 to "Lidstrom." There's bound to be some growing pains, and the compacted nature of this season isn't going to help.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I gave Z a star because you could tell he wanted to make Daley pay for the dive and bombed in the GWG - the way a captain should respond to a bad call.

They need to get Z into shooting areas more often on the PP. He's a shooter, not a particularly good passer - yet they've had him on the boards way, way out of the scoring areas on the PP for years now.

I'd put one defenseman in the middle by the blue line, sneak Brunner down the left side by the dot looking for the one-timer or a rebound, somebody in front to bother the goalie, and then have Pavel move the puck from the right boards to the middle of the ice with Z cutting down the middle. That would give Pavel the option of passing long to Brunner or short to Z, or if the PK is covering both passes it should let Pavel walk it right in and shoot it himself with 3 guys heading to the net.

The PP looked a little bit better tonight but still looked terrible. Gotta get that thing fixed.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
Didn't give Flip a star because those goals were served up on a platter by Datsyuk

That shot from Z was something else. Hardly ever see him unleash a slapper

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
They need to get Z into shooting areas more often on the PP. He's a shooter, not a particularly good passer - yet they've had him on the boards way, way out of the scoring areas on the PP for years now.

I'd put one defenseman in the middle by the blue line, sneak Brunner down the left side by the dot looking for the one-timer or a rebound, somebody in front to bother the goalie, and then have Pavel move the puck from the right boards to the middle of the ice with Z cutting down the middle. That would give Pavel the option of passing long to Brunner or short to Z, or if the PK is covering both passes it should let Pavel walk it right in and shoot it himself with 3 guys heading to the net.

The PP looked a little bit better tonight but still looked terrible. Gotta get that thing fixed.

I thought the PP was better. Definitely more movement and the right ideas. Less passing and more shooting. It also helps if Lehtonen isn't stonewalling you.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
You would think after shooting it 10 times, Kronwall would learn and stop shooting every time from the point.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Didn't give Flip a star because those goals were served up on a platter by Datsyuk

That shot from Z was something else. Hardly ever see him unleash a slapper

Fil understands that you need to get into open lanes though when Pav has the puck, so I credit him with that. Very similar to the huge goal he scored in game 6 against SJ in 2011. I've stated for years that Fil knows how to play with Pavel and he continues to show it.

With that being said, Filppula probably should have netted 4 tonight. No joke. Before he scored his 1st Datsyuk set him and he somehow didn't finish. Then the shorthanded breakaway from Datsyuk.

3rd line was tough to watch tonight. 4th was real solid though. Cleary continues to look terrible.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The thing with Kronwall I think is he's playing more minutes than he's ever done before and he's still adapting. He's got three good shifts followed by one lousy. With his ice time going up, he needs to learn that less is more.

And yeah, "third" line is a mess. Helm and Sammy will hopefully make it look like a real line. And Cleary needs to be bumped to the 4th once they're back.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
1. Dats - really can make this team a whole lot better when he's on and can turn us from crap to pretty dang great.
2. Flip - two goals and great effort. You could tell he was going all out and trying his best.
3. Brunner - kid is getting better and better every game, glad to see it.

HM - Howard doing what he needed to do, don't think he had a chance in hell on the goal they got. Props to him for keeping it together all game.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Well, obviously Datsyuk/Flip. Datsyuk is terrifyingly good.

But beyond that, the fourth line was something impressive to me. I like that group of guys. They generate pressure and chances, they hit, they have a good forecheck.

Kindl/E played physical. I like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->