Post-Game Talk: Post-mortem: Sabres 7, Devils 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
It's really been all down hill since that Coleman goal. From going to that excitement to thinking Cory and Hall might be done for a long time to then blowing last nights game and getting destroyed in this one. I know it's only 2 games but this has been a real bummer since that goal.

Reactions: glenwo2

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly after Washington and Carolina, the Metro isn’t all that amazing. Pitt looks like shit so far this year.

We do need to be in it by thanksgiving, but it also shouldn’t be that hard. Third in the Metro May be easier then either wild card spot as the power seems to be in the Atlantic this year.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Honestly after Washington and Carolina, the Metro isn’t all that amazing. Pitt looks like **** so far this year.

We do need to be in it by thanksgiving, but it also shouldn’t be that hard. Third in the Metro May be easier then either wild card spot as the power seems to be in the Atlantic this year.

Pens looked bad in game 1. They won 7-2 today

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Larry isn't a good head coach. He works best being the players friend and that doesn't really work as a head coach...he says this himself.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I really don't know what to say. What I see, is not players being unfamiliar with each other. What I see is them not knowing what to do.

There isnt one. Or if there is its so bad no one knows what that system actually is. There's very little structure
Anyone here play FIFA? One of the most key strategic changes you can do is change attack/breakout to "free-form" rather than "structured/positional."

There's a reason why no such option exists for the damn defense. Someone should tell the coaching staff.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Ok, couldn't watch the game, got a text from my brother saying it was awful, worse than last night, Blackwood wasn't good and that they were scrambling all over and everyone was out of sync and that he hates Hynes lol. Then I check the score and it's 7-2, wooof. What the hell happened?

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
You couldn't draw up a worse start to the season for Blackwood. He's had some bad luck on a couple of these sure, but he's looked very shaky thus far.

It doesn't help that the rest of the lineup looks completely disorganized, of course. Hynes and his staff better have some answers here, because what they're doing currently is not working.

Reactions: glenwo2

NikGusev97

Oct 3, 2019
New Jersey
Ok, couldn't watch the game, got a text from my brother saying it was awful, worse than last night, Blackwood wasn't good and that they were scrambling all over and everyone was out of sync and that he hates Hynes lol. Then I check the score and it's 7-2, wooof. What the hell happened?

Basically we lost because we looked like a girl's middle school team. If there is such a thing.

Reactions: JK3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad