Post-Game Talk: Post-mortem: Sabres 7, Devils 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Why was I the only one booing Nasreddine when he was announced on Opening Night? I thought for sure more people would have with me.

That's like booing the hapless, comically incompetent sidekick rather than the moron attempting to run the circus. You're booing Igor instead of Dr. Frankenstein.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Took the trip to Buffalo from Long Island to witness this debacle....what a wonderful reward the Devils provided for my fandom. It’s one thing to lose but this was disgusting, embarrassing and completely unacceptable. I’m not one to subscribe to the sky is falling notion after just two games but this defense is a complete train wreck and I don’t see a fix in sight...one gaffe after another and another yet again. Part of the problem is we have too many forwards who are not adept defensively to help chip in and mask the blue line deficiencies. We seemingly do not have a good mix or balance of players with varying skill sets to complement one another. This defense still has no sandpaper and quality stay-at-home types. Where is the defensive structure out there? This team looks like it just wants to play run and gun. Again...unacceptable and that’s on the coaching staff.

I have not been anti-Hynes and again, I realize it’s only two games...HOWEVER, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist or coaching genius to figure out that a Hughes/Gusev/Bratt line is going to be a disaster waiting to happen defensively. OK- so he figured that out after game 1 and then went to a line of Hughes/Wood/Bratt for game 2? Miles Wood!! Are you kidding me?! Pavel Zacha absolutely should be playing with Hughes to stabilize that line defensively and help with faceoffs. I’ve said it time and time again as well that Hughes can potentially unlock some of the offensive ability we’ve seen in glimpses from Zacha.

Quickly losing a lot of faith in this coaching staff...no more excuses...

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
we have a lot of new faces, some growing pains were expected. there’s no sense in debating firing hynes, he’s not getting fired a week into the season. lets see how we’re looking 20 games in before we panic

Having new guys in the lineup has absolutely nothing to do with the players looking completely lost.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
I really want to see Zacha play with Hughes, whether it be at center or LW. Even if Zacha is playing LW, he could take the faceoffs and help out with the defensive responsibilities.

Wood is literally the worst player on the team to play with Hughes. Lets just imagine he isn't crashing into the goalie/boards, he doesn't have any offensive awareness at all.

Hopefully this is a massive wakeup call for this team.

THIS!! Sums up my feelings perfectly. Great post. Why can you and I see this and Hynes cannot?!

Reactions: nugg

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
They are playing too hard. Hynes has this team brainwashed into thinking trying harder will lead to success. They are spending a TON of energy out there. It's just that they are spending it chasing the puck around like pee wee players because they have no system.

Exactly. Working hard vs working smart.

Reactions: Hisch13r

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
that team was playing good hockey within two weeks of his hiring, one of the best turn arounds I've ever seen in any sport

I think it said as much about MacLean as it did Lemaire that a team good enough to play at a 115-point pace in the second half was playing at a 40-point pace in the first half.

I'm also not convinced this team wouldn't be much better with another coach but I don't know if there's a Lemaire out there. Shero's not bringing in Mumbles Sutter. We missed our chance at Trotz cause we made the playoffs that season.

big mish

Aug 26, 2009
Who’s available/potentially available to replace Hynes right now that might suit this group?

Reactions: Khione

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Who’s available/potentially available to replace Hynes right now that might suit this group?

A lot of coaches would be better, but if you're expecting a Lemaire-like difference with most of them you're probably setting yourself up for dissapointment.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I think it said as much about MacLean as it did Lemaire that a team good enough to play at a 115-point pace in the second half was playing at a 40-point pace in the first half.

I'm also not convinced this team wouldn't be much better with another coach but I don't know if there's a Lemaire out there. Shero's not bringing in Mumbles Sutter. We missed our chance at Trotz cause we made the playoffs that season.
yeah its true about how bad J Mac was, that team had some good veterans, while our current team has more young inexperienced kids. I don't know who is available? and yeah it won't be a lateral move by Shero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad