Post-Game Talk: Post-mortem: Sabres 7, Devils 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He isn’t getting fired after two games. It’s a moot point to discuss.

They need to get their **** together and go win in Philly

I'll probably watch the Philly game, but I don't know if I'll be able to handle the rags game.

big mish

Aug 26, 2009
A lot of coaches would be better, but if you're expecting a Lemaire-like difference with most of them you're probably setting yourself up for dissapointment.
I’m not. I don’t expect to ever see a MacLean -> Lemaire turnaround ever again. I just see Hynes as more of a AHL/rebuild/individual player development sort of coach and think his usefulness is dwindling as this rebuild (hopefully) is reaching its completion. Just wondering who’s out there because I haven’t really kept up with that.

Reactions: glenwo2

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
For those who want to dump Hynes, who is the real coach that is out there that we need to scoop up?

I’m no Hynes defender, but it’s important to think about that aspect of it before kicking him out the door.

Reactions: My3Sons

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
This take is too sensible for this board. :laugh:

but we practiced saying that in the offseason! lol...we should have been prepared

No, it doesn't.

are you serious? new teammates/linemates/defensive partners, the new guys are learning a new system (there is one, how good it is remains to be seen)...some of these guys never even played in this country before, on top of everything else i just mentioned. it’s going to take some time to gel.

i understand it’s easier to just blame the coach, but unfortunately the problem is a little more nuanced than that.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
but we practiced saying that in the offseason! lol...we should have been prepared

are you serious? new teammates/linemates/defensive partners, the new guys are learning a new system (there is one, how good it is remains to be seen)...some of these guys never even played in this country before, on top of everything else i just mentioned. it’s going to take some time to gel.

i understand it’s easier to just blame the coach, but unfortunately the problem is a little more nuanced than that.
Lol, this would hold weight if the team wasn’t having the same issues for the past five seasons under Hynes.

Reactions: TheUnseenHand

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I’m not. I don’t expect to ever see a MacLean -> Lemaire turnaround ever again. I just see Hynes as more of a AHL/rebuild/individual player development sort of coach and think his usefulness is dwindling as this rebuild (hopefully) is reaching its completion. Just wondering who’s out there because I haven’t really kept up with that.

48 pt pace with MacLean to 104 pt pace with Lemaire. It really doesn't even make sense

Beetlebum

Oct 14, 2017
It is going to suck, but we need to get our asses handed to us a few more times so we get a real coach in here.

big mish

Aug 26, 2009
48 pt pace with MacLean to 104 pt pace with Lemaire. It really doesn't even make sense
When you put it that way, a new coach hired today could easily hit that same 2.16x increase in pt pace. We’re on pace for 41 pts!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm willing to wager Boqvist has a 90% chance of being scratched Wednesday because grit.
Rooney and Hayden will probably both be back in.

Rooney for the PK.

Too bad we don't have a Dalton Prout on defense, or Hynes would probably wanna use him on Wednesday also.

And while we're at it, too bad we don't have a Kurtis Gabriel or Luke Gazdic to call up to use on Wednesday either.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Well this weekend kinda sucked.

Maybe they are just lowering expectations. I mean, pretty much anything is better than the last two games. We will be all excited next time we don't blow a 4 goal lead or get blown out by some middle of the road club instead of just expecting those things not to happen.

Reactions: Hisch13r

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

Please explain the system to us.

Reactions: Khione

Beetlebum

Oct 14, 2017
For those who want to dump Hynes, who is the real coach that is out there that we need to scoop up?

I’m no Hynes defender, but it’s important to think about that aspect of it before kicking him out the door.

Hitchcock and Sutter.

There are players on the roster who have never played in any sort of system. f***, you can make the case that Hall is one of them due to the mess in Edmonton.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The problem is this looks fundamentally bad and it is going to take some time to fix and in the time it takes to fix we could already be out of a playoff spot...with an unsigned Hall no less. If this team falls too far behind by Thanksgiving catching up in this division will be impossible for this team.

I was actually expecting a rough start...I was advocating giving it 20 games before pushing the eject button...thinking you go something like 7-9-4 in the first 20 while making adjustments and gaining chemistry that is ok...but there seems to be deeper problems here. I know it is only two games but we looked like an AHL team in 4 out the last 6 periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad