Post Game Talk - The 40 hour WrestleMANia is over!

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I will finally commit to one thing. I've changed how i watch wrestling anymore with the network and WWE has conditioned me to do it. I rarely watch PPVs live and never watch raw/SD unless i turn it on between a Pens game. WWE has conditioned me to not watch their shows anymore from start to finish.

NXT has conditioned me to watch their shows from start to finish on a weekly basis. And i'll keep doing that because it's awesome.

Next year will be the first mania i do not watch from start to finish. I can't mentally do that. I'll go to sleep and watch what i want the next day. It's far far far far far too long.

No man, you won't. And I won't either. We will get sucked in like we are every freaking year... and we'll complain about it on the following Monday and vouch never to do it again.

I am freaking exhausted today and I am lucky to be productive at work (thank you hyperactivity, you got me in trouble in school, but you are a godsend now).

There is a TON of stuff that I would have enjoyed a lot more if it was not that late. Batista vs HHH, the Cena thing, Finn destroying Lashley and, most importantly, the main event.

They have to make the show shorter... but I'll be sucked in next year anyway :laugh:

Reactions: domaug

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Woof.

What a long and meaningless show. There was a lot to forget about.
Match of the night must be Kofi and Bryan mostly by attrition. Lots of stuff could have been cut.
Stuff like Orton/Styles, Reigns/McIntyre, Joe/Mysterio and Bàlor/Lashley isn't needed. All of it reeked of pointless TV matches. I was especially surprised at the beyond lackluster presentation for The Demon. Given it was Mania I expected them to go all out. Instead there was barely any effort put in, even on his paint job.
At one point they mentioned it being 11am for those watching in Australia. What a dream.

Very pleased we got a 25-minute Triple H match and no Kevin Owens here in 2019.

Yeah I couldn't make sense of that either.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
And that is why you always back IN to the spot. Parking nose-out is so much easier for a hasty exit. Safer, too. :laugh:
It didn't help that the putzes that did back in to the spaces next to me were waiting for written invitations to pull out.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Actually yeah. I totally forgot about it, haha
Dude, I was looking through results from previous years and I saw Seth and Bray had a program and I honestly do not remember a single thing.

Referring to @ColePens last post, nothing that happens on TV ultimately matters, and now we’re about to enter the post-WM lull.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Dude, I was looking through results from previous years and I saw Seth and Bray had a program and I honestly do not remember a single thing.

Referring to @ColePens last post, nothing that happens on TV ultimately matters, and now we’re about to enter the post-WM lull.
I believe the feud was literally over something about Rollins saying Bray's name "in vain" in a promo once. That's it. That's the whole feud.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I believe the feud was literally over something about Rollins saying Bray's name "in vain" in a promo once. That's it. That's the whole feud.
Apparently they wrestled at Great Balls of Fire??? And Bray won???? I watched that show, I literally do not remember this ever happening.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Also to compliment commentary, Saxton is good. Like, he was great last night. The chemistry that Corey, Tom and Saxton have is tremendous. Saxton was tremendous in Bryan/Kofi.

Meanwhile, on the other end, Renee needs to be taken out of the position. She is awful, and that’s an understatement.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Also to compliment commentary, Saxton is good. Like, he was great last night. The chemistry that Corey, Tom and Saxton have is tremendous. Saxton was tremendous in Bryan/Kofi.

Meanwhile, on the other end, Renee needs to be taken out of the position. She is awful, and that’s an understatement.
Removing her now would start a media wildfire of sexism. Doesn't matter how terrible she is, this is the world we live in.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017

I'd like to see Graves go too.
I mostly naturally tune out the audio while watching WWE.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'd like to see Graves go too.
I mostly naturally tune out the audio while watching WWE.
It’s night and day with Corey when he’s with Tom and Saxton compared to Renee and Cole. Renee and Graves just constantly bicker and run commentary off the rails (he also sucks when Sasha is there).

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
It’s night and day with Corey when he’s with Tom and Saxton compared to Renee and Cole. Renee and Graves just constantly bicker and run commentary off the rails (he also sucks when Sasha is there).
Maybe I don't pay attention to who he's with, but he comes off very heel Michael Cole to me. Wants to play heel but doesn't want to have to get comeuppance. Seemingly goes off script to be proven "right". Plays babyface when convenient. All over the map.

BladesofSteel21

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Just watched the end of the main event. It was a good match, minus the finish.

Did Ronda go into business for herself? Just lay there for the 3, plus why is the referee on the opposite side. Ugh

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Just watched the end of the main event. It was a good match, minus the finish.

Did Ronda go into business for herself? Just lay there for the 3, plus why is the referee on the opposite side. Ugh
No, it was the planned finish apparently.

She’s done her run for now it seems.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lesnar/Rollins was apparently moved to open while the show was happening at the very last minute. Hogan had no idea Heyman was coming out to introduce Lesnar after his segment because of how last minute the switch was made.

I guess Lesnar legit didn’t want to wait around for hours to drop the title. :laugh:

The report I read before the show was that Randy vs. AJ was going to open.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m still rather upset at how bad they book Drew. Whenever he seems to be getting momentum they cut it out from under him.

He’s this psychopath who looks like a f***ing monster and legit as f***. He towers over f***ing Roman and makes him look tiny in comparison mass wise, even before the leukaemia announcement. He terrorized Roman, The Shield, beat Seth and Dean in the build to this match and the story was that Roman may not be 100%. They should have gone with that as the story of the match. Drew should have destroyed Roman, winning in 10 minutes, and Roman’s story could be whether he still has “it.” Build him up for a year, in the meantime, Drew runs wild, wins the Universal Title and you build to Roman/Drew II next year at Wrestlemania for the title.

Instead, Drew wrestled an ordinary match and looked like a geek losing in 10 minutes who joins the line of talents put down to Roman. It’s business as usual with Roman when they had the opportunity to shift his booking and run a year long redemption story for him culminating at Wrestlemania next year, where, if done right, people wouldn’t be souring on Roman and Drew would be a monster, mega heel that the fans would want to see toppled.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I’m still rather upset at how bad they book Drew. Whenever he seems to be getting momentum they cut it out from under him.

He’s this psychopath who looks like a ****ing monster and legit as ****. He towers over ****ing Roman and makes him look tiny in comparison mass wise, even before the leukaemia announcement. He terrorized Roman, The Shield, beat Seth and Dean in the build to this match and the story was that Roman may not be 100%. They should have gone with that as the story of the match. Drew should have destroyed Roman, winning in 10 minutes, and Roman’s story could be whether he still has “it.” Build him up for a year, in the meantime, Drew runs wild, wins the Universal Title and you build to Roman/Drew II next year at Wrestlemania for the title.

Instead, Drew wrestled an ordinary match and looked like a geek losing in 10 minutes who joins the line of talents put down to Roman. It’s business as usual with Roman when they had the opportunity to shift his booking and run a year long redemption story for him culminating at Wrestlemania next year, where, if done right, people wouldn’t be souring on Roman and Drew would be a monster, mega heel that the fans would want to see toppled.

That is on right now and I was going to mention how much I hated it.

BladesofSteel21

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lesnar/Rollins was apparently moved to open while the show was happening at the very last minute. Hogan had no idea Heyman was coming out to introduce Lesnar after his segment because of how last minute the switch was made.

I guess Lesnar legit didn’t want to wait around for hours to drop the title. :laugh:

The report I read before the show was that Randy vs. AJ was going to open.

When you can’t decide the opening match to your biggest show til an hour before, how can we put any trust in these people to book great long term storylines like NJPW does.

Tell me the last time WWE gave us a year long story, I’m not counting Gargano/Ciampo because thats Triple H territory.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Damn, Bobby Roode is a certified jobber. Thought he would be a favourite of theirs when he was called up.

Hope they don't ruin Mustafa Ali too. They were pushing him well, but he looks lost right now.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
When you can’t decide the opening match to your biggest show til an hour before, how can we put any trust in these people to book great long term storylines like NJPW does.

Tell me the last time WWE gave us a year long story, I’m not counting Gargano/Ciampo because thats Triple H territory.

Reigns/Lesnar.

It's been years long! :snide:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Hoping we get an IC open challenge tonight and someone legit returns or debuts.

It will probably be Apollo though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad