Post Game Talk - The 40 hour WrestleMANia is over!

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Seth has to be one of the worst possible choices. Talk about your vanilla midgets, he's right there with the worst of em.

You look at those names who've held the Universal and, yikes. Less Roman/Rollins/Lesnar, more Owens and Balor.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I’m still rather upset at how bad they book Drew. Whenever he seems to be getting momentum they cut it out from under him.

He’s this psychopath who looks like a ****ing monster and legit as ****. He towers over ****ing Roman and makes him look tiny in comparison mass wise, even before the leukaemia announcement. He terrorized Roman, The Shield, beat Seth and Dean in the build to this match and the story was that Roman may not be 100%. They should have gone with that as the story of the match. Drew should have destroyed Roman, winning in 10 minutes, and Roman’s story could be whether he still has “it.” Build him up for a year, in the meantime, Drew runs wild, wins the Universal Title and you build to Roman/Drew II next year at Wrestlemania for the title.

Instead, Drew wrestled an ordinary match and looked like a geek losing in 10 minutes who joins the line of talents put down to Roman. It’s business as usual with Roman when they had the opportunity to shift his booking and run a year long redemption story for him culminating at Wrestlemania next year, where, if done right, people wouldn’t be souring on Roman and Drew would be a monster, mega heel that the fans would want to see toppled.
While I agree the match was bad, I don't think Mania is where you should start something. Mania should be for wrapping stuff up. I don't think Drew looked particularly bad in the match. Neither did. No one looked great though. Roman was always going to win because this is the redemption story for them.
My issue was that it was a Raw TV match with nothing special included.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i felt like i spent 7h refreshing my terrible streams. i shoulda waited to watch it today instead of the terrible experience i had.
also personally didnt like some of the results.
the kofi thing where twitter released the tshirt when the match started was frustrating. probably the best match but it was spoiled.

the girls killed it. ugly finish but Ronda took it. glad she did it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah the finish was definitely anticlimactic, like everyone just assumed it HAD to end with a submission, right?

Surely a triple threat championship match, featuring three women who all have submission finishers, would end in a submission, right?

NOPE!

Surprise backslide pin out of nowhere that looked more sloppy than anything, and there's your main event. :laugh:

#VinceLogic

Reactions: The Gongshow

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I’m not sure how long 33 ended up being but I was there an hour before the show started, I think. Wasn’t too tired at the end because we were hammering beers, and rums. The ****ty part was trying to find a pub and a ride after. We ended up walking for 20 mins and just ended up grabbing an Uber.
For 32, we used a service that was recommended by the Lyft driver that drove us to the stadium. She gave us her referral code and said there were no surge pricing. We decided to use it. After leaving the stadium we walked a few blocks away in order to get away from all of the people trying to leave the lot or get on shuttles nearby.

After waiting 15-20 minutes, our driver just called us and said it'd be easier to meet him in the parking lot, heh. After we found him, it was super quick to get back to our airbnb 30-40 minutes away, and it cost us less than $50 for the ride.

I've been to Metlife before for football, and had no trouble getting a train back to the city afterwards. Had to wait a bit, but was less than a half hour. If I ever go to another WrestleMania and if I have a car for some reason, I think I'd pay for the cheap parking furthest away from the stadium's entrance. I'd have to walk a little longer to get to and from the car, but I imagine it'd be easier to leave since I'd, in theory, be closer to the exits?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah the finish was definitely anticlimactic, like everyone just assumed it HAD to end with a submission, right?

Surely a triple threat championship match, featuring three women who all have submission finishers, would end in a submission, right?

NOPE!

Surprise backslide pin out of nowhere that looked more sloppy than anything, and there's your main event. :laugh:

#VinceLogic
The match felt so flat to me as well, it was just starting to pick up....then awkward pin, where Rondas shoulders weren't even down, then 3. They should have hyped up the pinball or submission more, crowd barely new what happened.

Kofi/Bryan was MOTN, by far. It was so well done.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Not surprising HHH vs Batista was a long match but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Why are you arguing with someone who was actually in the stadium?
Oh right, when I'm in a stadium, I know what the 78000 people not beside me are doing. Yup.

Holy shit, not everyone had to stand up. If even 15000 people got a little energy back, its a good idea.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Still sad Owens was the only healthy dude who’s been on TV in the build that wasn’t shown on screen at all at Wrestlemania. Poor guy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ambrose.

Sanity.

That's 4. ;)
Ambrose is on his way out anyways. I expected that. The LMS match kind of wrote him off.

Sanity is irrelevant at this point where they could all be released and it wouldn’t even be more than a note in passing after the FCA squash handicap match.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Ambrose is on his way out anyways. I expected that. The LMS match kind of wrote him off.

Sanity is irrelevant at this point where they could all be released and it wouldn’t even be more than a note in passing after the FCA squash handicap match.

They're barely using Nikki as it is.....she's been treading water ever since her "tag team partner" was pretty much sent to rehab.

Remember the pop she got when she came out to challenge Becky?

I remember.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
They're barely using Nikki as it is.....she's been treading water ever since her "tag team partner" was pretty much sent to rehab.

Remember the pop she got when she came out to challenge Becky?

I remember.
Most of the NXT roster get pops and then are never used again.

Remember the pops Dillinger got at the Rumble and then his first two weeks on TV? Then they just took him off TV for 2 months.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Remember the pops Dillinger got at the Rumble and then his first two weeks on TV? Then they just took him off TV for 2 months.

And some of them never get used at all.

*coughLACEYcough*

Same goes for EC3, I thought last night he'd get a push, picked him to win the Battle Royal. Silly me.

Also, what the hell happened to Lars, is he in therapy or something? Did he quit the business?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
And some of them never get used at all.

*coughLACEYcough*

Same goes for EC3, I thought last night he'd get a push, picked him to win the Battle Royal. Silly me.

Also, what the hell happened to Lars, is he in therapy or something? Did he quit the business?
Last I heard was the mental illness was a front because he bailed out after finding out about a wellness test. Who knows.

My friend picked EC3. I laughed. He'll never be anything in WWE because of his history. Vince purely signed off on him because he looks like a star and he doesn't want others to have him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Dillinger was a dime a dozen guy. He was a gatekeeper in NXT, I don’t know why people held their breath on him being anything more than a jobber to the guys they were enhancing on the main roster.

I will always say this: those people who used to say Bryan was only over because of the “Yes!” chant were wrong, because that solely applies to Tye Dillinger. He was only over because of the “10” stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad