Post Game Talk - The 40 hour WrestleMANia is over!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I never said Cena was boring to the stadium. I said to me. And mostly because I'm sick of the same old **** with Elias and Evans.

Well we can agree on that at least.

Would really love to hear what exactly they're doing with her, because she's been in a holding pattern for months now. Not a single match wrestled, unless she's doing house shows. But every Raw, every Smackdown, every PPV between the Rumble and Mania, she's done the same exact thing and that is not wrestling. At all.

I'm hoping that the end game is she finally snaps and then decimates whoever's in the ring. It looked for a second last night like she was going to do something as she hesitated at the stage, but.....nope. Back she went, another night wasted.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
According to Twitter some fans didn't leave until close to 5am because of insane Uber lines, etc etc.

That's....obscene.
I was sitting in the parking lot for well over an hour for a chance to back out of my parking space. The lines for buses and Ubers were still really long at 1:30.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will finally commit to one thing. I've changed how i watch wrestling anymore with the network and WWE has conditioned me to do it. I rarely watch PPVs live and never watch raw/SD unless i turn it on between a Pens game. WWE has conditioned me to not watch their shows anymore from start to finish.

NXT has conditioned me to watch their shows from start to finish on a weekly basis. And i'll keep doing that because it's awesome.

Next year will be the first mania i do not watch from start to finish. I can't mentally do that. I'll go to sleep and watch what i want the next day. It's far far far far far too long.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The bottom line is that after the Kofi win, people wanted the women and they wanted to go home. It should've been saved for later. They should've done that, the Cena segment, then the women

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was sitting in the parking lot for well over an hour for a chance to back out of my parking space. The lines for buses and Ubers were still really long at 1:30.
I was lucky. I was back in my room in Brooklyn at 2:30. My section was right by the train and I was on the 3rd train out.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I tapped out after HHH’s 5th long, boring, and bad WM match in a row.

From what I saw the show was pretty meh, but most of these manias are like 5 hours of meh nowadays.

Kofi’s match was great. So happy for that guy. Big E, and Xavier hyping him up/cheering him on really added to the match.

Reactions: domaug

BladesofSteel21

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If they are going to continue with 15 matches/7 hours every year at Mania, if I’m one of the top stars I want to go on first, or around the 7th or 8th match.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
why tf would you order an Uber after Mania, thats asking for trouble

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Why don't they start Mania earlier if theyre gonna do this 5.5 hour thing?

Its not like they had any meaningful competition for ratings early yesterday evening.

This coming from someone in the central timezone too. Can't imagine being on eastern time... yikes.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

And that is why you always back IN to the spot. Parking nose-out is so much easier for a hasty exit. Safer, too. :laugh:

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I don’t mind the length of the show (though they definitely didn’t retain 100% of my attention), but I’d rather everything was shifted 2 or 3 hours earlier. Like if I was on the west coast, I probably wouldn’t have minded it. My wife fell asleep during Batista/Triple H, because it was just too late for us.

I’d be surprised if they don’t consider a two-day show - which would also cut down on people going to other promotions on Saturday.

Overall though, one of my favorite WrestleManias.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave says the finish was the planned finish, at one point it was supposed to be a submission finish, but they didn't think Ronda tapping out was realistic and it was scheduled to be her last match.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Woof.

What a long and meaningless show. There was a lot to forget about.
Match of the night must be Kofi and Bryan mostly by attrition. Lots of stuff could have been cut.
Stuff like Orton/Styles, Reigns/McIntyre, Joe/Mysterio and Bàlor/Lashley isn't needed. All of it reeked of pointless TV matches. I was especially surprised at the beyond lackluster presentation for The Demon. Given it was Mania I expected them to go all out. Instead there was barely any effort put in, even on his paint job.
At one point they mentioned it being 11am for those watching in Australia. What a dream.

Very pleased we got a 25-minute Triple H match and no Kevin Owens here in 2019.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’m not sure how long 33 ended up being but I was there an hour before the show started, I think. Wasn’t too tired at the end because we were hammering beers, and rums. The shitty part was trying to find a pub and a ride after. We ended up walking for 20 mins and just ended up grabbing an Uber.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Balor's entrance started really cool but once he got onto the ramp all the smoke disappeared and it was kind of awkward. :(

Too bad. I think his Demon entrance works in smaller arenas, looks kind of goofy with all that open space.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad