Post Game Talk - The 40 hour WrestleMANia is over!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The show was actually good up. Then Kofi had his moment and everything afterwards minus Cena hit a wall.

Reactions: Fro

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
First ever women’s main event and I couldn’t even get a god damn finish.

@M.C.G. 31 the pyros were real

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I thought the finish was a swerve and the match was going to be restarted until the fireworks for Becky started going on. This was one of the worst wrestling events I've ever sat though. I have an incredibly low opinion of this show.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I strongly dislike Ronda Rousey so I'm happy she lost, but it's not like I dislike her in the sense that I want her to get beat. I just want her to go away.

Lol @ Trips. Of course he'd have that long of a match. Ditto Shane/Miz. Some things never change in WWE.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

Mike Louis

Feb 7, 2010
Honolulu, HI
The match pacing was decent until the HHH / Batista snooze fest killed the crowd. Because of that plus the fact WWE wanted to finish the event before the rain arrived meant that the Angle / Corbin, the Balor / Lashley, and the Women’s triple threat match felt rushed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The match pacing was decent until the HHH / Batista snooze fest killed the crowd. Because of that plus the fact WWE wanted to finish the event before the rain arrived meant that the Angle / Corbin, the Balor / Lashley, and the Women’s triple threat match felt rushed.
Once the Kofi/Danielson thing was done, the crowd just wanted the main event.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I don’t see why the ref couldn’t have waved it off saying his hand came down a third time but he saw the shoulder up and just didn’t stop in time. Obviously the crowd was just dead so I doubt it would have played well but in the right circumstance it would have seemed like Becky jumping another obstacle by having the match resume.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t see why the ref couldn’t have waved it off saying his hand came down a third time but he saw the shoulder up and just didn’t stop in time. Obviously the crowd was just dead so I doubt it would have played well but in the right circumstance it would have seemed like Becky jumping another obstacle by having the match resume.

No one would know what to do since they have to rehearse with Ronda

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Not the worst Mania but average at best. I'm happy for Seth, Kofi and Becky but man they really waste great potential of Rollins/Lesnar rivalry. Wasn't build at all, meh execution though it was nice to see Lesnar beat up in that way. Not sure why Shane win over Miz.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Others speculated that the referee may have been instructed to execute the three count against Rousey's wishes. There have been rumors of the former UFC champion being reluctant to accept a pinfall or tap out loss to Lynch because there may have been some legitimacy to their backstage feud.
Traditionally, this is not the kind of ending you'd see in a match of this magnitude. WrestleMania main events almost never end in reversal pins and without a finisher applied. Because of the absence of these elements, the thought that the ending was botched or changed without all parties being informed isn't unfathomable. WWE WrestleMania 35 Results: Several Reports Indicate Becky Lynch-Ronda Rousey Ending Was Botched

Oct 18, 2011
Others speculated that the referee may have been instructed to execute the three count against Rousey's wishes. There have been rumors of the former UFC champion being reluctant to accept a pinfall or tap out loss to Lynch because there may have been some legitimacy to their backstage feud.
Traditionally, this is not the kind of ending you'd see in a match of this magnitude. WrestleMania main events almost never end in reversal pins and without a finisher applied. Because of the absence of these elements, the thought that the ending was botched or changed without all parties being informed isn't unfathomable. WWE WrestleMania 35 Results: Several Reports Indicate Becky Lynch-Ronda Rousey Ending Was Botched
There is no way Vince would attempt to screw Ronda she makes him too much money

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The show was actually good up. Then Kofi had his moment and everything afterwards minus Cena hit a wall.
Disagree.

Finn/Lashley was an awesome 4 minute sprint.

Corbin/Angle was as good as it could be with the right result.

HHH/Batista seems like it has some people loving it and others hating it. I thought it was alright but way too predictable with the stipulation.

Joe / Mysterio was perfect.

The main event was great with a good ending.

The only thing after Kofi that I actually hated was Reigns and McIntyre.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think that dance-off was put in just to troll everyone at how long the show had dragged on. Completely and utterly unnecessary.....I mean they were treating it as some attempt at a Guiness record but the fans weren't buying it. :laugh:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Interesting. So either Vince instructed the ref to screw over Ronda, or Becky missed her cue and didn't allow for a kick out.

Either way it was very anticlimactic

Worth noting, in the 25 seconds after Kofi pinned DB there were 20 camera cuts.

20 angle changes in 25 seconds. Kevin ****ing Dunn, people.

Like I was saying earlier, the camera work and production decisions were brutal all night. Picked the worst angles, and had pointless shots of the crowd during key moments.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I think that dance-off was put in just to troll everyone at how long the show had dragged on. Completely and utterly unnecessary.....I mean they were treating it as some attempt at a Guiness record but the fans weren't buying it. :laugh:
The dance party was actually smart. Lots of people got up and started laughing at each other dancing. Gave them a tiny amount of energy for the Main Event.

But I'm still 100% on the train that Wrestlemania weekend should be a 4-day event.

THURSDAY: Hall of Fame
FRIDAY: NXT Takeover
SATURDAY; Wrestlemania Night 1
SUNDAY: Wrestlemania Night 2

For example;

Night 1
Pre-Show
Battle Royale Women's

Main Show
Nese v. Murphy
Balor v. Lashley
Women's Tag Titles
Miz v. Shane
Lesnar v. Rollins
Reigns v. McIntyre
Kofi v. Bryan

Night 2
Pre-Show
Battle Royale Men's

Main Show
Revival v. Hawkins/Ryder
Corbin v. Angle
Smackdown Tag Titles
HHH v. Batista
AJ v. Orton
Joe v. Mysterio
Lynch v. Ronda v. Charlotte

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think the issue with mania is the same as raw - far too long.

If i took 9 matches from last night and made hhh/Batista 15 minutes, it's an amazing show. 8.5 hours is just faaaaaar too long. Same as raw. I can probably pull 2 hrs of solid content and be satisfied. 3 is too much.

Just way too much. I honestly think that's the reason why last night felt meh. It was probably great if they stayed with 9 matches and 4.5 hrs.

Reactions: FultonReed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad