Post Game Talk - The 40 hour WrestleMANia is over!

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I love him but this needs to stop. He’s not ****ing pre-quad tear prime anymore. His last truly great match was with Dean like 4 years ago or something. Just stop.
27 vs Undertaker: 29:23
28 vs Undertaker: 30:50
29 vs Lesnar: 23:58 (tied with Cena/Rock II)
30 vs Bryan: 25:58
31 vs Sting: 18:36
32 vs Reigns: 27:11 (beaten by Shane/Taker HIAC, 30:05)
33 vs Rollins: 25:30
34 vs Angle/Rousey: 20:40
35 vs Batista: 24:45

Averaging 25:12 per match since 2011.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
27 vs Undertaker: 29:23
28 vs Undertaker: 30:50
29 vs Lesnar: 23:58 (tied with Cena/Rock II)
30 vs Bryan: 25:58
31 vs Sting: 18:36
32 vs Reigns: 27:11 (beaten by Shane/Taker HIAC, 30:05)
33 vs Rollins: 25:30
34 vs Angle/Rousey: 20:40
35 vs Batista: 24:45

His promos are even longer somehow.

Reactions: iamjs

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
The segments struggled because it was terribly booked. Becky is clearly the most over person in the company right now.

You can go see a band that packs a theater constantly, loud crowds, but dont have the appeal to headline a festival. That doesnt mean theres not a place for them on the festival but not as headliners or near top billing

Becky Lynch is that band that's forcefully being put at the top at the bill when only a small amount of fans want the positioning.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
Nah. They should have ended the show an hour earlier. The crowd was really tired.
I feel like no one really tried to play up the crowd. There was too much lying around in the ring hurt to buy time and not enough jumping on the ropes getting the crowd into it. They really could have used a crowd mic somewhere to make everything sound more excited.

Also, I have no clue for sure but when they shanked the table slam on Charlotte I threw out a guess that she might have gotten legit hurt. Might explain the rush job on the ending.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I feel like no one really tried to play up the crowd. There was too much lying around in the ring hurt to buy time and not enough jumping on the ropes getting the crowd into it. They really could have used a crowd mic somewhere to make everything sound more excited.

Also, I have no clue for sure but when they shanked the table slam on Charlotte I threw out a guess that she might have gotten legit hurt. Might explain the rush job on the ending.

I felt the whole match was rushed. They didn't take any breathers to build suspense. I still loved it, though.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Sign that WM35 was too long: if I leave the replay on while I attempt to get some sleep, I'll probably wake up around 5:30 to the Balor match.

i actually went home from dad's house after the Bautista/HHH match because i had enough. didn't feel like i missed anything else that was important except the women's triple threat championship match?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
You can go see a band that packs a theater constantly, loud crowds, but dont have the appeal to headline a festival. That doesnt mean theres not a place for them on the festival but not as headliners or near top billing

Becky Lynch is that band that's forcefully being put at the top at the bill when only a small amount of fans want the positioning.

Oh, so what is Charlotte Flair? The band that everyone else respectfully sits on their hands for while they play?

Oct 18, 2011
I tuned in for the start of Kofi match. Great moment for him and his kids

Nobody asked for or wanted HHH vs Batista it was WAY too long it reminded me of Brock vs hhh 6 years ago. The fans didn't give a shit and neither did I.

I was honestly so disgusted by what they did to Kurt I shut this off. This is why I cannot watch much anymore. He deserved better than god damn Baron Corbin for his retirement match.

I didn't watch anything else so I can't comment

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Enjoyable show. Just far too long. Everything after the Kofi victory could’ve been cut and it would’ve been totally fine.

Hated Kurt going out with Baron f***ing Corbin as the last match.

Hated a lot of the camera work. On entrances. During matches. Celebrations. Just a bad night for the a/v crew all around.

But mostly, the matches delivered and were about as good as anticipated. Nothing extraordinary aside from the Kofi match, which felt twice as long as the listed results on Wikipedia. Weird they’ve been sitting on Kofi this long and he can put on main event caliber title matches. Definitely a great moment there.

Women’s triple threat was ok. Not bad. Missing a little extra intensity and the crowd died a good 3 hours before the main event went on.

I still one hundred percent expect Cena to return to Raw with a new rainbow shirt and a smile on his face.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I actually thought this was the worst Wrestlemania in a long time. Glad I skipped out on going to this one.

Shane-Miz match was my favourite. That spot was memorable, and I enjoyed the finish.

HHH-Batista was solid, but the slow pace they worked at reminded me that both of them are way past their primes.

Women's triple threat was solid, but I feel like they should have been given more time. The story-telling could have been a lot better, and the finish sucked. If it wasn't a botch, then it was a stupid way to end Wrestlemania.

Everything else I felt was forgettable. I liked the Kofi win, but the match was such a slow pace I was losing interest. When comparing the WWE product with NXT it's ridiculous. You have two very talented wrestlers in Kofi and Bryan, there's no reason why Adam Cole and Johnny Gargano should have been that much better.

Oh well

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Best Wrestlemania in years. Some awful booking decisions, but overall I enjoyed it. Would prefer two 4-hour shows, including preshow - One Saturday and one Sunday.

Thought Kofi / Bryan was very good. Also really liked the main event. Good finish as well to help us get to a submission match between Becky and Ronda.

Nothing on the main show was awful, which is good.

Definitely not NXT, but it was solid and like I said, best Wrestlemania in years.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Best Wrestlemania in years. Some awful booking decisions, but overall I enjoyed it. Would prefer two 4-hour shows, including preshow - One Saturday and one Sunday.

Thought Kofi / Bryan was very good. Also really liked the main event. Good finish as well to help us get to a submission match between Becky and Ronda.

Nothing on the main show was awful, which is good.

Definitely not NXT, but it was solid and like I said, best Wrestlemania in years.

Best in years?

Wow.

You can always count on Natey for the weird take.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
03ae40b2fd08140f78c07ad9c6328a71b716a72059fbe99be4936827f30f5773.jpg

Eight hours for this piece of shit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad