Post Game Talk - The 40 hour WrestleMANia is over!

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
The women's match sucked. Don't delude yourself.

They called an audible to the ref to to stop the match. It was only harming the talent at that point. Best to get out of there and start a "controversy" rather than give a finish nobody would have cared about.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Glad I turned it off. Heard Becky won. The tough chick thing is cringe and forced. Its like putting on a bad action movie with someone miscast as the tough chick. With someone who is miscast as the part.

According to ratings and attendance, the womens segments, focused on Lynch have huge quarter hour drops. She appeals to the niche part of the fanbase that will watch no matter what.

Not people like me who will watch what they want when they want.
The quarter hours are proof she does not have appeal to the broader audience.

The only woman star in UFC or WWE is Rousey...otherwise men are the draw, outside of a few exceptions.

Rousey is the exception because shes a legit ass kicker, everyone knows it, and has a pretty enough face to go along with it. but she is 100% legit which makes her playing the part very believable.

Becky Lynch comes out to this hokey woooooooah music, tries to talk tough or whatever and it's cringe.

It's just cringe.
The segments struggled because it was terribly booked. Becky is clearly the most over person in the company right now.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
If it was intentional to both leave the demand for a one-on-one match while also giving Becky Lynch a victory over Ronda Rousey, that was well executed.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Woof to that show. I liked:

The IIconics winning.
Corbin/Angle, Joe/Mysterio, Balor/Lashley all being mercifully short.
George Mizanin.
HHH staying on brand by once again giving himself the most elaborate entrance and the longest match.
Most of the Bryan/Kingston match. Best match of the night, bad finish.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
I'm not quite sure it was meant to look like that since the ref began to count too early. Like I said, a second later and it would have looked better.
Even then I'd say they still needed more time. The crowd was exhausted going in and was completely caught off-guard by the ending. They needed more time to build the crowd back up for the finish.

All else being said. It was pretty enjoyable. I really enjoyed Shane/Miz, Kofi/Bryan and the Women's Tag match.

Reactions: Mike Louis

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That main event finish was bad.

You shouldn't be ending your biggest show of the year on a dusty finish. You shouldn't be using your biggest show of the year to build for a potential rematch on a lesser show later on down the line.

Five years from now, people are going to remember the Kofi match because it was an entertaining and satisfying blow-off to a feud that's been building for months. Are people going to remember the main event in the same light?

It's a shame, because it was a fine match excusing the rushed finish.
They should have put Charlotte like, OUT, and had Becky win after a mini 1 on 1.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Also, what happened to the audio going into the main event? The announcer's mic cut out, Joan Jett sounded awful and once the match started you could hear practically every spot being called.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Triple H had the longest match of the night for the third Mania in a row and eighth time in the last nine years.
I love him but this needs to stop. He’s not f***ing pre-quad tear prime anymore. His last truly great match was with Dean like 4 years ago or something. Just stop.

Reactions: KIRK

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Sign that WM35 was too long: if I leave the replay on while I attempt to get some sleep, I'll probably wake up around 5:30 to the Balor match.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i rate, in terms of my enjoyment

1. NXT Takeover New York
2. WrestleMania 35
?. G1 Supercard (ended up not ordering it, not sure where it would wind up but probably #3)

WrestleMania 35 i would say is a "good" show. plenty of great moments but damn is it too long. NXT Takeover kept me more focused even though it wasn't the best Takeover ever (which is a pretty crazy standard to keep up with if you think about it).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What do Cole and Graves do if they gotta piss during that marathon? 7.5 hours at ringside. They got some strong bladders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad