Post Game Talk - The 40 hour WrestleMANia is over!

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I enjoyed WM despite it being so damn long. I would have liked a much better ending than what we saw in the main event though. I figured Becky would make Charlotte tap out so I didn't expect that. The fans didn't even expect it it seemed.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
That main event finish was bad.

You shouldn't be ending your biggest show of the year on a dusty finish. You shouldn't be using your biggest show of the year to build for a potential rematch on a lesser show later on down the line.

Five years from now, people are going to remember the Kofi match because it was an entertaining and satisfying blow-off to a feud that's been building for months. Are people going to remember the main event in the same light?

It's a shame, because it was a fine match excusing the rushed finish.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
VZ2Og9U.jpg

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I never would have made it through that entire mania without this forum, so thank you guys

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Glad I turned it off. Heard Becky won. The tough chick thing is cringe and forced. Its like putting on a bad action movie with someone miscast as the tough chick. With someone who is miscast as the part.

According to ratings and attendance, the womens segments, focused on Lynch have huge quarter hour drops. She appeals to the niche part of the fanbase that will watch no matter what.

Not people like me who will watch what they want when they want.
The quarter hours are proof she does not have appeal to the broader audience.

The only woman star in UFC or WWE is Rousey...otherwise men are the draw, outside of a few exceptions.

Rousey is the exception because shes a legit ass kicker, everyone knows it, and has a pretty enough face to go along with it. but she is 100% legit which makes her playing the part very believable.

Becky Lynch comes out to this hokey woooooooah music, tries to talk tough or whatever and it's cringe.

It's just cringe.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

You shouldn't be ending your biggest show of the year on a dusty finish. You shouldn't be using your biggest show of the year to build for a potential rematch on a lesser show later on down the line.

Five years from now, people are going to remember the Kofi match because it was an entertaining and satisfying blow-off to a feud that's been building for months. Are people going to remember the main event in the same light?

Honda will never lose clean, Look what they do with Brock. Vince likes the realism they bring.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I'm not quite sure it was meant to look like that since the ref began to count too early. Like I said, a second later and it would have looked better.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Best Mania since 31 but yeah too long. Glad more of the faces went over, it works even if it’s predictable. The girls killed it in the main event - too bad the crowd was dead and the finish sucked.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

Plus goddamn that match was so good. Danielson hits the knee and Kofi sells it like a shotgun blast for the near fall. Best moment of the night for me.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
RATINGZZZ

Rollins/Brock - NA
Orton/Styles - **3/4
SD Tag Titles - ****
Miz/McMahon - ***3/4
Women’s Tag Titles - **1/2
Bryan/Kofi - *****
Joe/Rey - NA
Drew/Roman - **1/4
HHH/Batista - **
Angle/Corbin - *
Balor/Lashley - **1/2
Becky/Ronda/Charlotte - *** (honestly need to rewatch when I’m not tired)

Reactions: KIRK

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
How are you supposed to pop the crowd in the main event after nearly half a day and numerous big matches?

I went to a three hour raw 5 years ago and was desperate to leave 2 hours in.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00