Post first round Top-10 NYR Prospects

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
This is without trading one of Hayes/Spooner/Names/Zucc. They could still add another good prospect depending on who they move. Hayes could fetch another guy who would contest that top 5-10. Crazy.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Given ACTUAL performance, how is Shesty NOT considered our far and away no.1 prospect?

Do the other players have more "upside" ?

Is it causing extreme cognitive dissonance to think that we might need to pin the next decade on another awesome goaltender without an equivalently talented top 3 ?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
1.Shesty
2. Lias
3. Milller

In regard to potential + chance of sticking.
Nice. I would still say Chytil has more of the potential side...Along with Miller probably the Highest potential. Looking forward to seeing larger sample size of Kravtsov next year.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
That’s probably my exact list except I have Rykov over Miller and Lundqkvist over Lindgren (who I really like still)
I agree with Lundkvist over Lindgren, but I have Miller over Rykov ever so slightly.

Either way, those names are all on my Top 10 :P

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Kravtsov
Chytil
Sheshyorkin
Andersson
Howden
Hajek
Miller
Lundkvist
Pionk
Rykov
Georgiev
Lindgren
Nieves
Ronning
Gettinger
Lindbom
Ragnarsson
Day
Lindqvist
Gilmour
Miskonen
Barron
Wall
Huska

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
We still don’t have a clear cut star prospect which is our biggest need. I love Chytil but I’m not sure he’s that type of prospect. There’s no Keller or Barzal in that group. There’s no sergachev or McAvoy.

We’ve still got a lot of work to do.
Kravtsov has the potential to be that type of player. Scouting reports on him say he has game breaking potential.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Im just gonna wing it:
Kravtsov
Shesty
Chytil
Andersson
Miller
Howden
Hajek
Lundkvist
Rykov
Ronning

Honorable Mentions: Day, Ragnarsson, Keane, Lindgren

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
1. Filip Chytil, F
2. Vitali Kravtsov, F
3. Igor Shestyorkin, G
4. K'Andre Miller, D
5. Lias Andersson, F
6. Nils Lundkvist, D
7. Libor Hajek, D
8. Ryan Lindgren, D
9. Brett Howden, F
10. Yegor Rykov, D
11. Ty Ronning, F
12. Sean Day, D

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Shesty has had long stretches of absolute dominance playing against Men.

As much as I like Chytil, Andersson, and Kravtsov, none of these guys have shown that Elite, next level play consistently.

Shestyorkin is easily #1 for me. It’s not even close.

Chytil + Kravtsov may have the offensive upside over Andersson, but I wouldn’t sleep on Lias because of that. I think a good portion of people neglect him because of his lack of flash.

Lias has the highest IQ by far imo. And as much as people hate to hear about character and leadership, he’s oozing it.

Exciting times ahead for us.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Kravtsov has a shot to be a superstar and so does Chytil.

It'll be an important D+1 year for Kravtsov. Chytil needs to build upon last year. Andersson too.

One thing we do know is that we're going to be getting a look at these three players really soon. 1 year for Kravtsov, and this season for Chytil and Andersson.

We've also got a gluttony of defense, but a lot of guys who are at best 2s. We need to locate a #1 and soon.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We still don’t have a clear cut star prospect which is our biggest need. I love Chytil but I’m not sure he’s that type of prospect. There’s no Keller or Barzal in that group. There’s no sergachev or McAvoy.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
And Barzal when he was drafted doesn't belong in the same paragraph as Barzal now. It'd be extremely lucky if Kratsov ever became as good, but let's not pretend Barzal was drafted as someone with the expectation of putting up 85 points as a rookie.

Not necessarily. Entering the 2014 season Barzal was right behind McDavid for first overall and only fell due to his knee injury.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018

Kravstov absolutely has that upside if he hits.

Reactions: broadwayblue

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Right now Kratsov and Barzal dont belong in the same paragraph
And Barzal when he was drafted doesn't belong in the same paragraph as Barzal now. It'd be extremely lucky if Kratsov ever became as good, but let's not pretend Barzal was drafted as someone with the expectation of putting up 85 points as a rookie.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
1.) Kravtsov
2.) Chytil
3.) Hajek
4.) Andersson

5.) Shesty
6.) Howden
7.) Miller
8.) Lundkvist

9.) Rykov
10a.) Day
10b.) Lindgren
10c.) Ragnarsson​

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Excellent po
Shesty has had long stretches of absolute dominance playing against Men.

As much as I like Chytil, Andersson, and Kravtsov, none of these guys have shown that Elite, next level play consistently.

Shestyorkin is easily #1 for me. It’s not even close.

Chytil + Kravtsov may have the offensive upside over Andersson, but I wouldn’t sleep on Lias because of that. I think a good portion of people neglect him because of his lack of flash.

Lias has the highest IQ by far imo. And as much as people hate to hear about character and leadership, he’s oozing it.

Exciting times ahead for us.

Excellent post!

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Chytil
Kravtsov
Shetyorkin
Andersson
Georgiev
Hajek
Miller
Howden
Lundkvist
Lindgren

Not considering Pion and DeAngelo for this.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
In regard to Kravtsov, is it the contract that caused him to drop in rankings prior to the draft, or is there some other red flag?
He was never dropping... he was rising consistently month to month, and I'm betting the Rangers are banking on his stock continuing to rise greater than his relative peers - a guy that looking back at the draft should have gone Top 5

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
He was never dropping... he was rising consistently month to month, and I'm betting the Rangers are banking on his stock continuing to rise greater than his relative peers - a guy that looking back at the draft should have gone Top 5

I'm guessing you're discussing Kravtsov. The signs were there that he was a Ranger target. People like to be in their own little cocoon sometimes. Hockey Prospects loves the kid and had him 6th overall. I heard the head of Hockey Prospects, Mark Pederson, just gushing over the kid on Thursday. Bobby Mac even said the kid was moving up draft boards. And, most observers were saying that there was not much difference between 3 and anywhere up to 15 in this draft.

Last edited:

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
Tier 1:
1- Filip Chytil (C)
2- Igor Shestyorkin (G)
3- Vitali Kravtsov (RW)
Tier 2:
4- Lias Andersson (C)
5- K'Andre Miller (D)
6- Brett Howden (C)
7- Nils Lundkvist (D)
Tier 3:
7- Libor Hajek (D)
8- Yegor Rykov (D)
9- Ryan Lindgren (D)
HM- Vinni Lettieri (C/W) / Tony DeAngelo (D)

Top-10 Prospect Pool in the NHL imo.

All have solid NHL floors if they don't reach their potiental. But I have no doubt 3-5 of these prospects will prove to become a pivotal to our core 2-3 years from now. Chytil and Kravtsov both can become seriously high end talented players.

Our defense core looks incredible. Our biggest weakness is wing depth, hopefully we can draft high skill wingers tomorrow, which would really solidify the Rangers as a Top-5 prospect pool.

Excited for tomorrow since a lot of highly touted prospects are available for our 39th pick that could've easily gone in the first round.
You’re overrating the prospect pool. 5 of your top 7 were drafted in the last two drafts. Most teams would have “Top 10” prospect pools if they included draft picks from the last 2 drafts.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Shestyorkin is the not the number one prospect because he is a goalie.
It's like saying for the NFL the number one prospect is a kicker because he's dominated at levels no other kicker has. But no matter what he's not the best prospect. Because he is a kicker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad