Post first round Top-10 NYR Prospects

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
This is a great point. Maybe this is why goalies are so inexpensive to trade for.

I don’t buy the interchangeable goalie concept.

And the analytics that keep trying to prove it are most likely suffering from the “Chris Holt phenomena”.

You can’t assume the backup can repeat the stats they have for 10 games over 55+ games.

It’s the same issue with the pining about “if player X had Y more minutes, he would definitely have Z% increase in points”.

Backups are only good when carrying less games.

The difference in trade price is more of a marketing issue as well as less difficulty augmenting the roster when the new goalie is acquired.

In regard to the upper managements perspective, the truth is that for many teams, trade deadline deals have more to do with just making the playoffs and creating hype for those games than legit belief their team is going the distance.

Scorers put more asses in the seats.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don’t buy the interchangeable goalie concept.

And the analytics that keep trying to prove it are most likely suffering from the “Chris Holt phenomena”.

You can’t assume the backup can repeat the stats they have for 10 games over 55+ games.

It’s the same issue with the pining about “if player X had Y more minutes, he would definitelyhave Z% increase in points”.

Backups are only good carrying less games.

The difference in trade price is more of a marketing issue as well as less difficulty augmenting the roster when the new goalie is acquired.

In regard to the upper managements perspective, the truth is that for many teams, trade deadline deals have more to do with just making the playoffs and creating hype for those games than legit belief their team is going the distance.

I don't understand what marketing has to do with trades.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I don't understand what marketing has to do with trades.

This part.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I keep saying this. I don't think any of these guys are bad per-se. I think most of them project well, but it is disappointing how we've had 5 first rounders in the last two years, and we haven't come away with a prospect that is looking like that tier of prospect that you just named.

And which top-tier prospect did we pass on? Don't say Mittelstadt and Wahlstrom because they aren't top-tier prospects. Here's the thing: Top-tier prospects aren't available outside the top-5.

The only top-tier prospects we missed out on are Pettersson, Dahlin, Svechnikov and arguably Hischier and Patrick. That's it. And those were picked before we were on the clock.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
And which top-tier prospect did we pass on? Don't say Mittelstadt and Wahlstrom because they aren't top-tier prospects. Here's the thing: Top-tier prospects aren't available outside the top-5.

The only top-tier prospects we missed out on are Pettersson, Dahlin, Svechnikov and arguably Hischier and Patrick. That's it. And those were picked before we were on the clock.

Fine.

We missed out on getting a top 10 prospect while picking at number 9.

How many ways can the narrative be re-written?

There is more risk in the Rangers pick, but according to the media, it’s who the Rangers wanted.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Does it matter? You don't gain points because we can agree on who we should've drafted. What matters is the players we have. I still don't see any impact players in the organization. If we end up with a team without those players, it'll be nearly impossible to win the Stanley Cup, and it'll likely be a failed rebuild.

Every team that rebuilds ends up with some young talent. We shouldn't think we are doing anything that great just because we've acquired some young talent. In my opinion, the rebuild looks to be heading towards a road of mediocrity. In my opinion, Gorton got taken to school by Yzerman. He didn't get what he needed to get from that trade. And of his first round picks, his earliest one he went safe and over-drafted, and two of the next four don't even look like first round caliber players.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
1. Chytil
2. Kravstov
3. Shesty
4. Lias
5. K’Andre
6. Howden
7. Hajek
8. Lundkvist
9. Rykov
10. Lindgren

Looking pretty ****ing good boys

I think people are overrating Chytil a little and underrating Hajek a lot.

1. Kravstov
2. Lias
3. Hajek
4. Shesterkin
5. Lindgren
6. Chytil
7. K'Andre
8. Lundkvist
9. Howden
10. Fontaine

I've had Fontaine as a sleeper for a long time. I think he makes the team as a 4th liner this year. Might take a couple of years in the NHL but I believe he will be another Fast for us. Lindgren to me will be a more mobile, young Girardi. Kind of kid that pretty much is a lock for a 12 year, NHL career. Gettinger is close. I think he has a lot of intangibles that a good NHL player has.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009

1. Kravstov
2. Lias
3. Hajek
4. Shesterkin
5. Lindgren
6. Chytil
7. K'Andre
8. Lundkvist
9. Howden
10. Fontaine

I've had Fontaine as a sleeper for a long time. I think he makes the team as a 4th liner this year. Might take a couple of years in the NHL but I believe he will be another Fast for us. Lindgren to me will be a more mobile, young Girardi. Kind of kid that pretty much is a lock for a 12 year, NHL career. Gettinger is close. I think he has a lot of intangibles that a good NHL player has.

Lindgren a better prospect than Chytil?

Holy hot take.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They are missing a top 10 prospect in my opinion. It depends if you value depth or high end talent when rating a prospect pool. I think they have the best depth in the NHL. Carolina, Buffalo, Vancouver, and the Islanders deserve consideration.
Best depth in NHL is a bold statement. Any team can just claim to have that. There is definitely better depth but I would be cautious as lauding it is one of the best systems.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

If by top tier, you mean only the top 3 then sure. If not, both Whalstorm & Dobson were considered top tier.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Someone that gets hot at a good time is suddenly an A and the player that has been ranked right where he has been is suddenly a B? Who determines that?

As usual, you completely missed the point. It wasn't a rank as is "player ranked A".

Let's go with this:

"I'll choose player blue over player red" and you follow it up by "but what about player yellow?" which is completely irrelevant.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

1. Kravstov
2. Lias
3. Hajek
4. Shesterkin
5. Lindgren
6. Chytil
7. K'Andre
8. Lundkvist
9. Howden
10. Fontaine

And you are seriously underrating Chytil

Reactions: QJL

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Does it matter? You don't gain points because we can agree on who we should've drafted. What matters is the players we have. I still don't see any impact players in the organization. If we end up with a team without those players, it'll be nearly impossible to win the Stanley Cup, and it'll likely be a failed rebuild.

Every team that rebuilds ends up with some young talent. We shouldn't think we are doing anything that great just because we've acquired some young talent. In my opinion, the rebuild looks to be heading towards a road of mediocrity. In my opinion, Gorton got taken to school by Yzerman. He didn't get what he needed to get from that trade. And of his first round picks, his earliest one he went safe and over-drafted, and two of the next four don't even look like first round caliber players.

Now we for sure won that trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->