Post Deadline Transactions and Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
All that depth on the blue line but not in net doesn't seem to make much sense.
Not sure what Dubas can do to address it - is there even a decent goalie available? - but he's still got the assets to if he needs them.

Sep 18, 2009
need a real goalie
Defender lame in Edmonton better in cal
Can they beat tampas yea boston no

Sep 18, 2009
need a real goalie
Defender lame in Edmonton better in cal
Can they beat tampas yea boston no

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
You don't rely on a guy who has played 7 games total to come into the playoffs. It would be so Dubas to load up everywhere else and leave the goalie situation

Matt Murray had 13 NHL games played prior to his first cup run with the Pens when he started 21 games

Binnington is another example of a goalie with a minimal track record in his rookie year (31 games) who ran with it in St Louis in their cup run

Having a youngster like Woll who has had an outstanding AHL season and fared well in the NHL as your #3 goalie is more than fine as an option.

edit - coincidentally enough all 3 of those goalies are 3rd round picks :laugh:

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
2023 1st + 2024 1st + Robertson+ Holl+ Murray
For
Trenin + Saros
I don’t think upper management will allow Dubas to trade a 1st round pick in the next three drafts when his contract is expiring.

If moving multiple 1st, it’ll be this years, keep next years and go without one the following year.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I think we ultimately see

Bunting - Matthews - Marner/Nylander
Jarnkrok - Tavares - Marner/Nylander
Knies - O’Reilly - Kerfoot
Lafferty - Kampf - Acciari

So I don’t think Kampf is the 3C come playoffs

I like that more than Kampf at 3C, but I also am a skeptic of putting Knies into a playoff lineup. Zero NHL experience and not accustomed to the system, or playing this much hockey in a year. I love him as a prospect, but if he signs I will be legitimately surprised if he makes a meaningful impact in the lineup the way we might need him to

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa

Vancouver is honestly being operated horribly. They refuse to go scorched earth and build up the right way. Their owner wants them to competitive every year instead of letting them truly reset. Kinda sad. Keep EP and Hughes, and sell off the rest.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
OMG Vancouver ... a chance to get out of that contract and you want a centre instead of futures... Wow :laugh:
Vancouver owner doesn’t want to rebuild. He keeps hurting that franchise but delaying the inevitable rebuild they need to go through.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not sure Woll can be counted on in the playoffs if you want to win

You know how bad and unlucky it would be to be down to your #3 goaltender in the playoffs?

Not many teams that can say "Yeah... our 3rd string goaltender has played 200 NHL games and he'll give us quality #1 goaltending"

I don't why the standards for goaltender in Toronto are so much different than any other team. We need 8 NHL #1 goaltenders with 200 NHL games and they need to be really really good.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Would love a 2nd line LW to slot Jarnkrok down, have O'Reilly centering the 3rd line.
Holl is not getting traded guys, he's a Leaf for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad