Post Deadline Transactions and Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
If that happens, Tomasino is someone I’d love to get.

Ideally we flip Gustafsson for a 3rd. Use Boston’s 1st and the 3rd we acquire for Hayton and call it a day.

I’d consider Benn an NHL defenceman as well, he’s done fairly well when he’s played for us this year. That’s 10 NHL caliber dman. Not sure what’s the point of that.
Prospect for prospect sounds more like an off-season move, but I’d be interested in finding a C with room to grow like Tomasino or Glass in time.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I thought Gustafsson would be relayed somewhere, but that no longer makes sense with him playing last night. Holl seems like the likely candidate to move which is surprising considering Keefes trust in him.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
A defence man has to be moved.

I get the desire for depth, but 9 defenders makes no sense.

Holl is the one with value that is the most likely in trade and he’s a UFA. I don’t understand why he wouldn’t be move for a 2nd or 3rd. We aren’t re -signing him for the $4-5 million he will want as a UFA and we already have replacements in oir pipeline. Already he is not in the plans in a Top 4 role. Get something for him now.

Kerfoot’s play last night cemented he isn’t going anywhere, and while he’s not my favourite player, at least he shows up, plays hard, knows our system, and has stayed remarkably healthy. He isn’t being moved, so I’m just going to hope he goes on a scoring streak for us. It’s not like he’s not getting any chances….

If exemple brodie get injured again come playoff time

Whos #1 d to fit in? Holl certainly not an offensive dman in timmins or gustafsso to replace whats exemple brodie bringing defensivly.

Thats not making any sense at all right now to trade holl for a 3rd pick. Hes the best leafs security in case of injury

Reactions: Macallan18

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Moving Holl is the dream many of us have that you eventually need to wake up from. And when you do you realize he’s back on the top pairing

I will just be very confused if Dubas doesn’t move someone out to add up front. I don’t know how you can look at this team and our history of struggling with depth scoring and decide that moving Engvall out and Acciari/Lafferty in is enough for the bottom 6. I hope I’m wrong there.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Moving Holl is the dream many of us have that you eventually need to wake up from. And when you do you realize he’s back on the top pairing

I will just be very confused if Dubas doesn’t move someone out to add up front. I don’t know how you can look at this team and our history of struggling with depth scoring and decide that moving Engvall out and Acciari/Lafferty in is enough for the bottom 6. I hope I’m wrong there.

Did O’Reilly spontaneously combust?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Vrana would have been a very good target if he wasn't making over 5M for another season.
Considering Yzerman waived him earlier in the season, I wouldn’t be surprised if Detroit was willing to retain 50% of his salary just to get him out of there.

My only concern would be what issues is he having off the ice? Otherwise, definitely a very skilled player.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I'm hoping we add another excellent bottom six forward, and keep MM on LTIR until the playoffs.
Hell, everyone else is doing it.
And quite frankly, I am comfortable going with Samsonov and Woll if necessary.
So give Woll some more seasoning down the stretch and use any asset to add something for the bottom six.

Reactions: aingefan

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Considering Yzerman waived him earlier in the season, I wouldn’t be surprised if Detroit was willing to retain 50% of his salary just to get him out of there.

My only concern would be what issues is he having off the ice? Otherwise, definitely a very skilled player.
hefty contract there. Even at 50% he may be a stretch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad