Post Deadline Transactions and Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I’d be a little upset if they went out and acquired a veteran goalie. There’s literally no point in wasting any kind of assets for that. Not to mention what it would tell Joseph Woll we think about him. The kid can play. Let’s reward him for all his hard work getting back from his injuries and playing lights out.
What if Dubas could make it work by sending Murray the other way?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
What if Dubas could make it work by sending Murray the other way?
Murray has a modified no trade clause, he blocked a trade last draft to Buffalo. He’s not all of a sudden going to accept a move to Arizona like many propose here lol…

Reactions: Macallan18

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Ya I mean if not O’Reilly, going 3Cs deep, than whoever he bumped out of the top 6 is an addition to the bottom 6
I can see them saving a spot for Knies. Probably running with this lineup heading into the playoffs:

Bunting - Matthews - Nylander/Marner
Jarnkrok - Tavares - Marner/Nylander
Knies - O’Reilly - Kerfoot
Lafferty - Kampf - Acciari

Reactions: The Podium

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Moving Holl is the dream many of us have that you eventually need to wake up from. And when you do you realize he’s back on the top pairing

I will just be very confused if Dubas doesn’t move someone out to add up front. I don’t know how you can look at this team and our history of struggling with depth scoring and decide that moving Engvall out and Acciari/Lafferty in is enough for the bottom 6. I hope I’m wrong there.

Last night, McCabe and Brodie were the top pairing.

But Holl did save a goal last night.

Holl might stay, but he's got to earn his next contract so maybe he's a keeper with his intensified display.

McCabe looked settled in last night though.

Reactions: TMLAM34

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Last night, McCabe and Brodie were the top pairing.

But Holl did save a goal last night.

Holl might stay, but he's got to earn his next contract so maybe he's a keeper with his intensified display.

McCabe looked settled in last night though.
I was being facetious

Just don’t want to see him with Rielly as that pairing is awful.

None of our best statistical pairings this season feature Justin Holl.

Liking McCabe so far

Reactions: ULF_55

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
And? Who’s a better third string goaltender given his AHL play and the few NHL games he’s gotten into so far?

You don't rely on a guy who has played 7 games total to come into the playoffs. It would be so Dubas to load up everywhere else and leave the goalie situation

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I was being facetious

Just don’t want to see him with Rielly as that pairing is awful.

None of our best statistical pairings this season feature Justin Holl.

Liking McCabe so far
Holl looked good playing with either Brodie or Giordano but you definitely don’t want him playing with Brodie as whatever pairing Brodie is on is probably your “shut down” pair.

Holl in a limited role, on the third pairing with Giordano isn’t bad at all.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
You don't rely on a guy who has played 7 games total to come into the playoffs. It would be so Dubas to load up everywhere else and leave the goalie situation

Ah yes I know I would feel so much more confident with Michael Hutchinson as my 3rd string goaltender over Joseph Woll just because he's played more games.

Leafs have 5 goaltenders. There's no teams out there sporting a depth of 5 goaltenders with big track records. Samsonov has been good. Murray has been good when healthy. Woll is showing is good. Kallgren is fine. What more do you want?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Murray has a modified no trade clause, he blocked a trade last draft to Buffalo. He’s not all of a sudden going to accept a move to Arizona like many propose here lol…
I get that there are obstacles but, the question was "what if" Dubas could "make it work"?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Woll 99.9% isn’t going to even play in the playoffs though? Murray’s latest injury is an ankle sprain, not hip surgery. Samsonov - Murray - Woll is a very good tandem. It only gets better if you have one of the top 5 goalies in the league when none of them are obviously available.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
I don't think much happens today, given the amount of turnover, but it's sort of incredible how many bodies we've brought in while still keeping our better prospects, plus having a first round pick this year (Boston's).

I'd ideally like to see O'Reilly anchor the third line, and I wouldn't mind having an upgrade on wing there. But during that Edmonton game there were a couple of shifts where O'Reilly played with Kerfoot and I think it was Sam Lafferty was on RW, and they appeared to have some chemistry. Not sure if O'Reilly was back at 2C last night, missed the game.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Vrana would have been a very good target if he wasn't making over 5M for another season.
He's been waived this season already. And I believe Yzerman has talked openly about buying him out in the offseason.

But having said that, if they retain 50%, he's got a ton of upside....and trading at 50% is always a better move than buying a player out. And I think it would cost a warm body to get him - ZAR even.

This would only have to be done with a huge amount of due diligence, and speaking with the player and those around him first.
That would be a complete waste of time.
They are going for a championship and just lost 2 PPG players with no one coming back. Just because it doesn't affect the NHL team doesn't mean you can ignore it as a waste of time.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I see another forward coming in.

The Leafs are 10 d men deep, and I did, ask for that and I LOVE that they did it, there are no extra forwards.

That's not smart.

Reactions: Macallan18

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Please hockey Gods, let the Leafs trade Justin Holl.
Please...

Reactions: Holls Blackmail

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I see another forward coming in.

The Leafs are 10 d men deep, and I did, ask for that and I LOVE that they did it, there are no extra forwards.

That's not smart.

The Leafs can call-up a forward since there is no more roster limit as of now. They can have a 24 player roster.

They definitely need a spare forward but they don't HAVE to trade for a forward.

Reactions: leafsfan5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA