Rumor: Possible trades with #3 OA

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The old "number 3 is available" to see the interest of some teams in the week leading up to the draft; then as you get close to the draft time, you go with the "nah we won't trade it" just to press one of those teams to make a last minute silly offer "that cannot be refused".

Then you draft a kid that can't play next year and get fired because your team is dog**** personified.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hamilton for 15, 45, and 52. Wow.

There must've been an offer sheet close. Hell, it was probably Calgary. They likely had an offersheet signed by Hamilton and told the Bruins they'd be able to take a better package for this draft, save some face, and avoid the ugliness.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
hamilton for 15, 45, and 52. Wow.

There must've been an offer sheet close. Hell, it was probably calgary. They likely had an offersheet signed by hamilton and told the bruins they'd be able to take a better package for this draft, save some face, and avoid the ugliness.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I am envisioning that GMDM is asking for #8, Anisimov, and either Dano or Wennberg.

Columbus is countering with #8, Anisimov, Rychel

Am hoping that once draft starts, we look at a swap of #3, #59, and AHL F (Lessio/Szwarz/Gaudet???) for #8, Anisimov, Wennberg, and late pick (maybe 6th round?). That would seem to meet right in the middle of value. Or something that may even involve #30 for #58. Some balance has to be made somewhere...

rt

May 13, 2004
Not interested in a pile of "stuff" from Columbus. We've got our own pile of "stuff". We need to pick a star player at #3. Columbus isn't offering any of those.

rt

May 13, 2004
Am hoping that once draft starts, we look at a swap of #3, #59, and AHL F (Lessio/Szwarz/Gaudet???) for #8, Anisimov, Wennberg, and late pick (maybe 6th round?). That would seem to meet right in the middle of value. Or something that may even involve #30 for #58. Some balance has to be made somewhere...

I might do JUST #3 for that return.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Not interested in a pile of "stuff" from Columbus. We've got our own pile of "stuff". We need to pick a star player at #3. Columbus isn't offering any of those.

You don't think Dano or Wennberg can be a top 6 F?

rt

May 13, 2004
8th is a good spot...

McDavid Eichel and Hanifin will be gone. Strome, Marner, Provorov, Barzal, Werenski, Rantanen are all appealing. And that's actually nine names. So we'd have a pick between two of those. Possibly three of them if Crouse sneaks in ahead of us.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I don't know that I'd do JUST #3 for that return.

True, I think that there may be something else involved on our end, but there is balking on part of picks or players involved...

Since I am horrible with trade value, I figured including the major components would be enough...

But let's also look at this from what the Flames gave up for Hamilton. Mid first rounder (essentially Wennberg), two 2nd rounders (basically the price for Anisimov and moving up 5 spots in a top heavy draft). Maybe? Maybe not?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Hamilton for 15, 45, and 52. Wow.

There must've been an offer sheet close. Hell, it was probably Calgary. They likely had an offersheet signed by Hamilton and told the Bruins they'd be able to take a better package for this draft, save some face, and avoid the ugliness.

Nah, teams aren't even allowed to talk to RFA's until June 30th. And can't sign an offer sheet until July 1st.

Boston must have really been at odds with Hamilton over a new contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00