Rumor: Possible trades with #3 OA

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Nah, teams aren't even allowed to talk to RFA's until June 30th. And can't sign an offer sheet until July 1st.

Boston must have really been at odds with Hamilton over a new contract.

They can talk to them after QOs go out. There was an offer sheet.

edit: this year it's the 30th. Anyways, they can just say they intend to sheet him. Sweeney blinked.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Maybe the agent just told Boston that they WOULD sign the first >7m offersheet. Boston took the sure thing return. Grab the assets now. Three in the hand is better than three in the bush.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Maybe the agent just told Boston that they WOULD sign the first >7m offersheet. Boston took the sure thing return. Grab the assets now. Three in the hand is better than three in the bush.

Maybe. You'd think they could have gotten a better haul with some smarter shopping though.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Maybe. You'd think they could have gotten a better haul with some smarter shopping though.

Apparently they only talked to a handful of teams. GMs do NOT like it when you move a player like Hamilton without talking to them, especially when they feel like they could have bested the winning offer.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How did Philly not offer the 7th+29th? They need a RHD. Maybe they didn't want to pay a kid his age 50 million bucks?

Philly doesn't want to spend money?

No, good sir, I'm inclined to believe that Sweeney failed his organization.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
8th, Wennberg and Anisimov is appealing. Jackets fans would melt. Haha.

Yeah, I don't think the hangup is in AA or the pick. It is the question of which young F prospect. If we have to give a little bit to get Wennberg, I am okay with that. I had mentioned an AHL F and maybe a conditional 2016 pick (if we resign Anisimov) for one of the Jackets under 21yo RHD...

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Philly doesn't want to spend money?

No, good sir, I'm inclined to believe that Sweeney failed his organization.

Yeah; Philly's in almost as much cap problems as Boston, so even if they dealt for him, they would be faced with the same problem.

But Edmonton could have easily beat that offer; not sure what Chiarelli was thinking….

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Boston is trading Lucic for 13+.

So they potentially have 13,14,15

Very interesting.

Yeah; Philly's in almost as much cap problems as Boston, so even if they dealt for him, they would be faced with the same problem.

Get the 22 #1 RHD cheap, pay to make your other problems go away.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
13,14,15 + Spooner, come on Maloney, Sweeney is a generous man.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Kings. Potentially flip some Kings assets to us for Hanifin.

Maloney would wet himself to get those 3 picks though if what he said about the top 12 was correct.

I didn't think any trade would be worth giving up #3OV. That one changes my mind.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
They can talk to them after QOs go out. There was an offer sheet.

edit: this year it's the 30th. Anyways, they can just say they intend to sheet him. Sweeney blinked.

That seems incredibly unlikely. It is more likely what mouser said and they were really just at odds with one another. But to say they traded him because someone threatened to make an offer once they were allowed to seems like a pretty big reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad