Rumor: Possible trades with #3 OA

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm the same way. Reinhart is shorter and has already burned a contract year. If that's the deal then just pick Strome.

I wonder how Eichel's vague going pro/stay in college decision is making people cringe. I'm a little worried about all NCAA players now that it has become a trend to finish college and not sign with the draft team to become an UFA.

Yeah I agree. Wouldn't that be something if that happened.Man oh man would Buffalo be pissed.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
IMHO, no thanks to Dougie

doug_image.jpg

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Doesn't Hanifin project to be better overall than Hamilton? I like the idea of Hamilton particularly because he's a RHD but I don't like the idea of giving up #3 for him. I'd rather just take Stromarnifin or make a Reinhartl trade.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hamilton is great. Ideal partner for OEL. He's also the top offer sheet target in the league and will NOT be signing a reasonable bridge deal. He's going to cost 6+ million this season. Right off the bat.

This is a stupid trade for a team like Arizona. It'd be fine for Toronto. For us? Dumb.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Doesn't Hanifin project to be better overall than Hamilton? I like the idea of Hamilton particularly because he's a RHD but I don't like the idea of giving up #3 for him. I'd rather just take Stromarnifin or make a Reinhartl trade.

RHD that are basically #1s are like unicorns. But they cost as much in trade, and demand top dollar in salary. I would be really wary of paying Dougie 1.5M+ more than OEL. Oliver took a bit of a discount for the team.

Having one mindblowing pairing isn't something you generally build around.

rt

May 13, 2004
Maybe...

EDM: Hamilton
BOS: Hanifin
ARI: Draisaitl + '16

...BOS gets what they'd get anyway. We get a better return than what we'd have got for just the 3rd.

Edmonton gets the RHD that fits in their age range but is an all star immediately. Plus Chiarelli loves him.

rt

May 13, 2004
Since EDM was clearly hot after Hamilton and had him stolen by their most hated rival, they have to look to answer this move. Hanifin would do that. Hand over the Draisaitl+16th, EDM. Just fork it over.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Since EDM was clearly hot after Hamilton and had him stolen by their most hated rival, they have to look to answer this move. Hanifin would do that. Hand over the Draisaitl+16th, EDM. Just fork it over.

Yep; I think IF Chia is trying to do a proper turn around quickly, meaning to have an actual bona fide #1 of the future, the list just narrowed considerably.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004

There is nothing wrong with this.

The old "number 3 is available" to see the interest of some teams in the week leading up to the draft; then as you get close to the draft time, you go with the "nah we won't trade it" just to press one of those teams to make a last minute silly offer "that cannot be refused".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad