Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012
You guys think a deal like this would go through at the deadline

Wings:
- Re-signed Legwand

Preds:
- Riley Sheahan
- 2014 3rd

[Sheahan can bring us some size at center along with Watson for the future, but he has /B]more skill. I feel like Poile could pull this off considering the Erat trade. Not too mention Leggy is going home.

Which one are you referring to as having more skill?

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Any thoughts on this one?
It was on the trade boards the first one is the original the second one is my counter offer.

:bolts
Shea Weber

:nashville
Matt Carle
Johnathan Drouin
2014 1st

Shea Weber

Matt Carle
Jonathan Drouin
Brett Connolly

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
It was on the trade boards the first one is the original the second one is my counter offer.

Shea Weber

Matt Carle
Johnathan Drouin
2014 1st

Shea Weber

Matt Carle
Jonathan Drouin
Brett Connolly

I'd pass on both, and on that note, I'm going to sleep, just like these Weber proposals should

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
If we have to trade him I want the Preds to retire his number. If DP isn't planning on re-signing him after this season then we have to trade him while we can get something for him. My hope is that we can retain him for a decent amount that would make him happy and would not break our bank but Legwand would probably be asking a good amount and has a desire to be on a team that has a chance of winning the Cup (sooner than later). What we can't afford is the repeat of a Suter-like fiasco where we let the player go for nothing and embarrass ourselves in the process.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/hc-trade-tracker-david-legwand/

There was also a discussion about DP talking to Pittsburgh about Leggy tonight. A number of blogs are sniffing at him being moved as well. On even suggested a 1st round pick or another FF type prospect for Legwand. So things are getting interesting.

I could see GMDP targeting Beau Bennett from the Pens if the Pittsburgh rumor is correct: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/beau_bennett/ Conversely, I would also consider they are prospecting on interest in Fisher if he's really considering retirement after 2015 too.

Also remember the Blues traded Doug Weight at the deadline to the 'Canes in their Cup run and he re-signed in St. Louis the following year. Tkachuck did the same after his short run with Atlanta. It would be quite a coup if GMDP could get rental assets for a player and then re-sign them.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
I'm fine with it :) He's has definition of a true Predator forward-- slightly better than mediocre. We need to move on from these types of guys if our organization ever wants to take steps forward. Legwand is only going to get more complacent with age. He's already been playing complacent for the better part of the past 6 years.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site

Shea Weber

Matt Carle
Johnathan Drouin
2014 1st

Shea Weber

Matt Carle
Jonathan Drouin
Brett Connolly
To TAMPA: Klein, 1st, Legwand
To NSH: Druion

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
A solid #4, a mid 1st, and a UFA? For Drouin?

Tampa hangs up the phone and buries it.
Where are you getting mid-first from? Right now were are picking 7/8. If all goes well (and we keep the pick), we'll be picking top 5

According to people here, Klein is "rock solid #3" on a great contract just entering his prime.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Where are you getting mid-first from? Right now were are picking 7/8. If all goes well (and we keep the pick), we'll be picking top 5

According to people here, Klein is "rock solid #3" on a great contract just entering his prime.

All true, but if we can continue the pace over the last couple weeks, it'll be 10-12. Even if it did turn out to be #7, not bad, but not great either. I'm huge on Klein, but as the centerpiece for Drouin?? That offer would get trumped by 28 other teams.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
fans need to get over their irrational attachment to players.

If Legwand was just a guy we had traded for 5 years ago instead of our 1st ever draft pick I suspect most of our fans would be saying "yeah trade him while he still has value" and not think twice about it.

lets face to, its gonna be a couple years before we are ready to be legit contenders again, and thats if everything pans out just right… by then Leggy will be 35…

better to get an asset for him now and let him have a decent shot at a Cup and his choice of teams this summer..

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
fans need to get over their irrational attachment to players.

If Legwand was just a guy we had traded for 5 years ago instead of our 1st ever draft pick I suspect most of our fans would be saying "yeah trade him while he still has value" and not think twice about it.

lets face to, its gonna be a couple years before we are ready to be legit contenders again, and thats if everything pans out just right… by then Leggy will be 35…

better to get an asset for him now and let him have a decent shot at a Cup and his choice of teams this summer..

Just wondering what you are talking about in everything panning out?
What is going to make this team better that gives you the idea that two years will be enough?

Look at our defense core as of now.
Weber-28
Josi-23
Jones-19
Del Zotto-23
Ellis-23
Ekholm-23
Bartley-25

Looks good but what about forwards? Where are we going to get a young #1 and #2 Center to go with:
Hornqvist-27
Smith-24
Wilson-24
Forsberg-19

or do we move Weber and Hornqvist while they are still in their prime for futures?

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Do you get rid of the gift your wife gave you as a wedding present on your wedding day, just because "you need to get value for it"?

That's a really nonsensical analogy to pro sports with athletes with million dollar salaries. Other than Carrie Underwood, we fans aren't married to these guys

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Just wondering what you are talking about in everything panning out?
What is going to make this team better that gives you the idea that two years will be enough?

Look at our defense core as of now.
Weber-28
Josi-23
Jones-19
Del Zotto-23
Ellis-23
Ekholm-23
Bartley-25

Looks good but what about forwards? Where are we going to get a young #1 and #2 Center to go with:
Hornqvist-27
Smith-24
Wilson-24
Forsberg-19

or do we move Weber and Hornqvist while they are still in their prime for futures?

wilson and smith are both natural centers. "Everything panning out" includes one of them (wilson most likely) eventually becoming a top line center

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
wilson and smith are both natural centers. "Everything panning out" includes one of them (wilson most likely) eventually becoming a top line center

Both of these guys at center right now is an issue for us. neither would center top lines one most any other team in the league. We again must use the word potential. Neither one appears they will develop into a PPG guy, both have shown flashes of brilliance followed by extended periods of time where they look as if there on Mars.

Wilsons drop pass to Fish the other night was as good of a hockey play as we have ever had. And Smith has done well thus far this year (yes I said that).

I also agree with you now the rebuild is going to be much longer than anyone here is going to like. Question base is how is the fanbase going to accept this.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Okay, then. Here's my take:

Poile should sit down with Leggy, before the former heads to Sochi, and ask him and his agent if they intend to re-sign with Nashville - and, if so, for how much. If the answer to the first is no, then Poile needs to pick up the phone and start making some calls - even while he's on the way to Sochi, if he has to - and ship him.

If the answer to the first is "yes", but he's asking for more money or a longer deal - well, he's got to get the FO on board with it. Only he can decide if he's worth it - but he has got to make it known (before he's traded off to wherever) that David wanted to stay here.

If he answers "yes" and his terms are reasonable... SIGN HIM. If he's wavering, promise him the you-know-what in the rafters if you have to.

And there you go.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Both of these guys at center right now is an issue for us. neither would center top lines one most any other team in the league. We again must use the word potential. Neither one appears they will develop into a PPG guy, both have shown flashes of brilliance followed by extended periods of time where they look as if there on Mars.

Wilsons drop pass to Fish the other night was as good of a hockey play as we have ever had. And Smith has done well thus far this year (yes I said that).

I also agree with you now the rebuild is going to be much longer than anyone here is going to like. Question base is how is the fanbase going to accept this.

I am still in favor of trading Weber for a really good package and see where we are from there. I also believe Wilson and Smith are not an option as a top line Center nor are they top line wingers as of now although both could be with the right Center. It seems our team is built aroun potential on offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad