Possible trade proposal thread

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
LA isn't a good comparable. Before the Carter trade they had Richards, Kopitar, Brown, Williams, Doughty, and Quick. They were also struggling mightly to score goals before bringing in Sutter as head coach and went on an amazing roll to both get into the playoffs and blowout every series. We don't have 10% of the star power present on that team.
And even at that, will all that superior talent, they're still pretty poor on the offensive end. 2.46 GF/G, good enough for 22nd in the league. They struggled to score under Murray, still struggle to score under Sutter. They have been successful for the same reason they are successful this season, currently #1 in the league in GA/G.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
LA isn't a good comparable. Before the Carter trade they had Richards, Kopitar, Brown, Williams, Doughty, and Quick. They were also struggling mightly to score goals before bringing in Sutter as head coach and went on an amazing roll to both get into the playoffs and blowout every series. We don't have 10% of the star power present on that team.

I agree we desperately need a coaching change though. Look at Winnipeg (Noel just fired) and Florida as comparables-both teams are almost identical to the Predators in every statistical category. Lane Lambert definitely won't be getting the nod, and I don't think Phil Housley is quite ready. Any Preds fans have an ideal coaching candidate?

I think you are over selling LA a little. The Preds have every style player comparable except foe Kopitar.
Well known the Preds need a legit #1 center.
With that said my post was about what change can do sometimes for the better. The Preds need something.

FaceOfTheFranchise

Dec 5, 2006
Murfreesboro, TN
I think you are over selling LA a little. The Preds have every style player comparable except foe Kopitar.
Well known the Preds need a legit #1 center.
With that said my post was about what change can do sometimes for the better. The Preds need something.

I disagree that we have similar players to L.A. While we have better skaters on defense (Jones/Klein/Josi) the Kings have better stay-at-home veterans (Regehr/Greene/Mitchell). Also, despite the offensive struggles of the Kings (the Carter injury and huge Brown slump contributing to that) I don't really feel they are comparable.
But I agree with your point that a coaching change could spark a lot of our guys. I'm really worried that Trotz will be given the rest of the year to right the ship (which I don't feel will happen), none of the players slumping will be put in the press box to give the kids in the AHL a chance, and we will end up the 10th/11th seed (and far from the playoffs) in the West. Looks like the only difference between last year and this year is now we're losing with "wagon" veterans instead of unexperienced rookies.

skydog71

Jan 17, 2012
The obvious trade for me would be a RHD for a forward. I'd be happy with any 3 of Weber, Jones, Klein and Ellis.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
100% agree. We have a legit #1 defenseman signed for the rest of his career. Any trade that a sane G.M. would send our way would set us back.

I really do not think we could be set back much further. This team is just not cutting it. Even with Rinne, maybe he is training in offense two in his spare time. Rinne is a great goalie. Weber is a great Defeneseman. Our offense is not great. The way I see it until we get a #1 Center, and I would also like to see a true #2 Center as well, we are wasting Weber and Rinne.

This is not going to be popular but if we trade Weber, Legwand, and Cullen. We could end up with enough to trade up to the #1 spot this year to get Reinhart and then next year as we grow we could end up with that #1 pick and get McDavid (dreaming I know). This is the kind of luck, Hockey Gods blessing us or whatever you want to call it that the Preds need dearly.

Weber is the gold mine we have. We either keep him and hope we get some help on offense from mediocre draft picks or we trade him and add to this teams offense.

Rinne is another player that if he does not want to stay could get you a piece/draft pick or two.

Some excitement like getting a #1 pick would help this team out not only on the scoreboard but in attendance as well.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Jets- Preds

To Nash: Kane, Enstrom, Petan, Burmistrov
to WpJ: Weber, 2nd

what do y'all think?

Kane- Fisher- Hornqvist
Wilson-Burmistrov-Forsberg
Bourque-Legwand-Smith
Stalberg-Gaudstad-Cullen

Nystrom

Enstrom-Josi
Jones-Klein
Ekholm-Ellis

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Did anyone else hear John Buccigross on The late show with Tom Callahan last night?

Stated he believed Seth Jones will win multiple Norris trophies.
Stated that Preds with the addition of Jones may think about moving Weber for Offense at some point.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
If they ever do move Weber it better be for a severe overpayment that is going to bring goals and create chances. This team without Webers offense would be a lot worse than what it is.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Did anyone else hear John Buccigross on The late show with Tom Callahan last night?

Stated he believed Seth Jones will win multiple Norris trophies.
Stated that Preds with the addition of Jones may think about moving Weber for Offense at some point.

as noted above, this is kind of silly because Weber IS our offense... I think if we trade anyone it will be Josi

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
We need to have a reality check. We are going to have to decide if we are ok with the first and second round exits if we even make the playoffs or are we going to rebuild this offense. We need two really good young Centers. Let me say this one more time, WE WILL NOT WIN A CUP WITHOUT A NUMBER ONE CENTER AND A TOP LINE Scoring gets harder and harder the deeper you go into the playoffs and we will not win until we have players who are game changers on offense. Not Shea Weber. Not Pekka Rinne. Both of these guys are great at what they do but we need that top line and especially a #1 Center, that is what you build teams on and Preferably a really good #2. Look at teams like Chicago and LA who they have on their top two lines. That is what we need to strive for, not hoping we make the playoffs but lose every year in rounds one and two because we have noone who can get you that goal that takes you to the next level. Sounds like to me some fans are happy with MEDIOCRITY. I am not and think it would be best if we landed a top pick either this year or preferably next. When players are compared to Crosby that does not happen often and drafting one of those players happens even less. We need that type player no matter the cost or we will be like the titans over the past few years.

On the value of Taylor Hall on the trade board I offered this trade.

:edmonton
Shea Weber-age 28 RHD
Colin Wilson- age 24 LW/C
Viktor Stalberg- age 28 LW

:nashville
Taylor Hall-age 22 LW
2014 1st
Sam Gagner-age 24 C/RW
Martin Marincin-age 21 LHD

I also noticed this one on the trade boards and I like it as well.

:hawks
David Legwand- age 33 C will have to retain some salary I am sure.

Brandon Pirri-age 22 C
2015 2nd or 3rd ?

I also think a player like Cullen could fetch you a nice return. Maybe.

:canes
Matt Cullen- age 37 C

2015 2nd

Last edited:

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
I am kinda ok with the last two.

The first one is a severe overpayment by Nashville. Nashville should not trade Weber unless he is able to bring something similar on his own.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

Shea Weber-age 28 RHD

Taylor Hall-age 22 LW
2014 1st
Sam Gagner-age 24 C/RW
I'm so glad David Poile is our GM

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We need to have a reality check. We are going to have to decide if we are ok with the first and second round exits if we even make the playoffs or are we going to rebuild this offense. We need two really good young Centers. Let me say this one more time, WE WILL NOT WIN A CUP WITHOUT A NUMBER ONE CENTER AND A TOP LINE Scoring gets harder and harder the deeper you go into the playoffs and we will not win until we have players who are game changers on offense. Not Shea Weber. Not Pekka Rinne. Both of these guys are great at what they do but we need that top line and especially a #1 Center, that is what you build teams on and Preferably a really good #2. Look at teams like Chicago and LA who they have on their top two lines. That is what we need to strive for, not hoping we make the playoffs but lose every year in rounds one and two because we have noone who can get you that goal that takes you to the next level. Sounds like to me some fans are happy with MEDIOCRITY. I am not and think it would be best if we landed a top pick either this year or preferably next. When players are compared to Crosby that does not happen often and drafting one of those players happens even less. We need that type player no matter the cost or we will be like the titans over the past few years.

Shea Weber-age 28 RHD

Taylor Hall-age 22 LW
2014 1st
Sam Gagner-age 24 C/RW

I also noticed this one on the trade boards and I like it as well.

:hawks
David Legwand- age 33 C will have to retain some salary I am sure.

Brandon Pirri-age 22 C
2015 2nd or 3rd ?

I also think a player like Cullen could fetch you a nice return. Maybe.

:canes
Matt Cullen- age 37 C

2015 2nd

That looks like the type thinking that the Oilers used for the past twenty years .... 13 missed playoffs in that time.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
That looks like the type thinking that the Oilers used for the past twenty years .... 13 missed playoffs in that time.

I think you are really wrong on this. Edmonton does not have a Seth Jones and Roman Josi. Edmonton does not have a Pekka Rinne.

In the Weber deal
We get Hall a 22 year old top line LW.
We get Gagner a decent 24 year old second line Center who would be our #1 or we move him to RW.
2014 1st who knows what that could get us and another young LHD who is huge in Marincin.

We give away a player we keep dreaming will turn into a Hall type player in Wilson.
Stalberg who is not giving us the offense we need. Weber is the only player we are losing in this deal.

Lets compare
Preds get.

Marincin- Height 6-5 Weight 196lbs age 21 LHD 11gp 0g 0a
Hall- Height 6-1 Weight 195lbs age 22 LW 213gp 83g 107a 190pts .89ppg
Gagner- Height 5-11 Weight 199lbs age 24 450gp 97g 180a 277pts .62ppg
2014 1st currently lands you one of Reinhart and Ekblad, either another #1 defenseman to ease the lose of Weber even more or a #1 Center possibility in Reinhart.

Preds lose.

Weber- Height 6-4 Weight 233lbs age 28 RHD 573gp 119g 202a 321pts .56ppg
Wilson- Height 6-1 Weight 216lbs age 24 LW/C 257gp 53g 72a 125pts .49ppg
Stalberg- Height 6-3 Weight 209lbs age 27 LW 285gp 58g 60a 118pts .41ppg

I have no problem with this deal now that we have Jones and what we are adding along with forsberg, hornqvist, smith will make our top six alot more threatening.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I think you are really wrong on this. Edmonton does not have a Seth Jones and Roman Josi. Edmonton does not have a Pekka Rinne.

In the Weber deal
We get Hall a 22 year old top line LW.
We get Gagner a decent 24 year old second line Center who would be our #1 or we move him to RW.
2014 1st who knows what that could get us and another young LHD who is huge in Marincin.

We give away a player we keep dreaming will turn into a Hall type player in Wilson.
Stalberg who is not giving us the offense we need. Weber is the only player we are losing in this deal.

Lets compare
Preds get.

Marincin- Height 6-5 Weight 196lbs age 21 LHD 11gp 0g 0a
Hall- Height 6-1 Weight 195lbs age 22 LW 213gp 83g 107a 190pts .89ppg
Gagner- Height 5-11 Weight 199lbs age 24 450gp 97g 180a 277pts .62ppg
2014 1st currently lands you one of Reinhart and Ekblad, either another #1 defenseman to ease the lose of Weber even more or a #1 Center possibility in Reinhart.

Preds lose.

Weber- Height 6-4 Weight 233lbs age 28 RHD 573gp 119g 202a 321pts .56ppg
Wilson- Height 6-1 Weight 216lbs age 24 LW/C 257gp 53g 72a 125pts .49ppg
Stalberg- Height 6-3 Weight 209lbs age 27 LW 285gp 58g 60a 118pts .41ppg

I have no problem with this deal now that we have Jones and what we are adding along with forsberg, hornqvist, smith will make our top six alot more threatening.

Gagner isn't a true 2nd line center ... he's a 2nd/3rd line tweener .... streaky as hell ... the type player we already have several of. So your proposal creates headlines and a hole on the blueline .... it takes away a developing 2nd/3rd line forward to replace with a player we already have several of ... and we lose another forward who is currently underperforming based on FA expectations in Stalberg.

You add potential, not demonstrated performance, with Forsberg. Jones is good, but far from all world right now and prone to rookie mistakes with little NHL ready blueline depth in the org for the inevitable injuries. In reality, he's a couple years away from coming close to reaching his potential. And therein lies the problem ... when all you have is developing potential without a enough players who have come close to reaching theirs, you get the last seven years or so of Edmonton ... a lot of talent on paper with nothing to show for it on the ice ... just what these let's move everybody for developing potential type trades create and why the only places you ever see them are on message boards and video games.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Gagner isn't a true 2nd line center ... he's a 2nd/3rd line tweener .... streaky as hell ... the type player we already have several of. So your proposal creates headlines and a hole on the blueline .... it takes away a developing 2nd/3rd line forward to replace with a player we already have several of ... and we lose another forward who is currently underperforming based on FA expectations in Stalberg.

You add potential, not demonstrated performance, with Forsberg. Jones is good, but far from all world right now and prone to rookie mistakes with little NHL ready blueline depth in the org for the inevitable injuries. In reality, he's a couple years away from coming close to reaching his potential. And therein lies the problem ... when all you have is developing potential without a enough players who have come close to reaching theirs, you get the last seven years or so of Edmonton ... a lot of talent on paper with nothing to show for it on the ice ... just what these let's move everybody for developing potential type trades create and why the only places you ever see them are on message boards and video games.

1st name the several players we have who avg. .62ppg?
2nd Gagner and Wilson are both the same age. Look at the ppg's. You are the one who is always pushing stats.
I would like to hear what you think this team should do to make it better on the offensive side. How will we ever get that top line center and wingers?

Last edited:

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
1st name the several players we have who avg. .62ppg?
2nd Gagner and Wilson are both the same age. Look at the ppg's. You are the one who is always pushing stats.
I would like to hear what you think this team should do to make it better on the offensive side. How will we ever get that top line center and wingers?
That's the question I've been asking for 10 years.

However, Gagne isn't the answer. He has some offensive ability, but his offensive ability does not outweigh his many flaws. He's certainly not the "top line line" center we are are looking for.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Hey Ducks fan here in peace. I was wondering what the Preds would want for Klein from the Ducks.

We need a RH defensive guy and I think he would be perfect to pair with one of our kids (Lindholm and Vatanen) or finally give Fowler a Partner that isnt a bottom pairing guy coming into it.

I would say the only real untouchables are:
Getzlaf NTC
Perry NTC
Fowler
Lindholm
Gibson

Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad