Possible trade proposal thread

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
This is the place to get what trades you would like to see off your chest and see what others think. Explain why your trade helps our team. If you leave a comment and do not like the offer leave a counter-offer as well.

I will start:

To Nashville: -$9.472143 Million
Kopitar #1 Center age 26 Cap hit 2 more years at $6.8 Million
Voynov Top 4/higher potential RHD age 23 Cap hit 5 more years at $4.166667 Million
Linden Vey RW/C depth player age 22 Cap hit RFA next year

To Los Angeles: -$11.756667 Million
Weber #1 RHD age 28 Cap hit 12 more years at $7.857143 Million
Ellis Bottom 4 RHD/ offensive upside age 22 Cap hit RFA next year
Bourque could be a top six player LW age 23 Cap hit 1 more year at $.775 Million

Los Angeles has the Center depth to make this deal. This would give Nashville the #1 Center we have never had along with another body on defense to eat some of Weber's mins. Los Angeles gets another #1 RHD to go with Doughty and much needed LW depth in Bourque and another RHD that has offensive upside.

Wilson-Kopitar-Hornqvist
Stalberg-Fisher-Legwand/Forsberg
Beck-Cullen-Smith
Nystrom-Gaustad-Hendricks
Clune

Jones-Josi
Voynov-Ekholm
Klein-Bartley

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I'll leave this as my only tip. If you're not getting the better player back in the trade, generally, you lose the trade.

You are correct. Let me play devil's advocate. Do you think Columbus after the Nash trade is better or worse? I'm thinking they won that deal but that's just me.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
You are correct. Let me play devil's advocate. Do you think Columbus after the Nash trade is better or worse? I'm thinking they won that deal but that's just me.
I think Gaborik is a better hockey player than Nash.

I like Nash, but on his own, he's overrated.

Looking back though, I'm not sure either team won that trade.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN

agreed. There's not many players in the league I would like to have on this team than Kopitar but the trade you proposed is a loss. It needs to be laced with a couple of 1sts and possibly another piece like Toffoli or someone around that value.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I think Gaborik is a better hockey player than Nash.

I like Nash, but on his own, he's overrated.

Looking back though, I'm not sure either team won that trade.

Gaborik was involved in a separate trade. I'm just talking the Nash trade which happened in the offseason.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

That's a tough one. For me, Rangers still win the trade, getting the best player in the deal, although I am not terribly high on Nash. He did play out of his mind last season, with 42 in 44, and a +16, though there were a lot of inflated numbers last season. Just shows you, though, that you can sometimes become a better team with depth over a "franchise player," and sometimes can become a better team while "losing" a trade, although Columbus is struggling out of the gate this season.

Also, no way I see the Kings taking that proposed deal. I could see something around Weber for Kopitar, but they are very high on both Voynov and Vey, and I don't see either being dealt at this point.

Last edited:

Preds101

Jul 5, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
This is the place to get what trades you would like to see off your chest and see what others think. Explain why your trade helps our team. If you leave a comment and do not like the offer leave a counter-offer as well.

I will start:

Voynov Top 4/higher potential RHD age 23 Cap hit 5 more years at $4.166667 Million

Bourque could be a top six player LW age 23 Cap hit 1 more year at $.775 Million

Los Angeles has the Center depth to make this deal. This would give Nashville the #1 Center we have never had along with another body on defense to eat some of Weber's mins. Los Angeles gets another #1 RHD to go with Doughty and much needed LW depth in Bourque and another RHD that has offensive upside.

Wilson-Kopitar-Hornqvist
Beck-Cullen-Smith
Clune

Jones-Josi
Voynov-Ekholm
Klein-Bartley

I don't know if I do this deal as we only get 2 years of Kopitar and Voynov for 5 more years and then they are both due raises or could potentially leave, whereas we have Weber guaranteed for 12 more years and we know exactly how much he is going to get paid.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
How about one of our elite dmen for John Tavares ... just throwing it out there.

If by "elite dmen" you mean Weber, then they might it consider it. Even then, I'm not sure they make the deal. Tavares is probably about as untouchable as they come. I could see parting with a lesser forward, Grabner, or Bailey, maybe even Okposo, but even that is going to cost more than we would want to give up.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
If the Preds are out of the playoff picture by the Trade Deadline, what would you want for Legwand from Vancouver?

Barring that he is a UFA, it's also possible he re-signs with Nashville in the offseason.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
If the Preds are out of the playoff picture by the Trade Deadline, what would you want for Legwand from Vancouver?

Barring that he is a UFA, it's also possible he re-signs with Nashville in the offseason.

1st + a prospect would be my asking price.

We'd have to be at least 6 or so points out to consider it though I think.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
How about one of our elite dmen for John Tavares ... just throwing it out there.

Isles are less then 2 yrs from Brooklyn and a much stronger lease. I think there is less then zero chance, Wang greenlights a deal to move his biggest tix draw.

Worse comes to worse, the isles miss the playoffs this season while waiting for 19 yr old Pulock+ 19 yr old Reinhart, who were among their best training camp players and who each turn pro next Oct.
Isles build their blueline around Hamonic/Pulock/Reinhart, while keeping 23 yr old Tavares imo.
There is a stipulation in Wang's Brooklyn lease, that could see his yearly payments from Barclays decreased. My guess is Yormark/Ratner will be very concerned about NYI tix and merchandise sales.

The Vanek trade was made in part, to give the isles another big name/tix draw. Star power as Wang called it.

http://islanderspointblank.com/isla...es-millions-per-year-to-relocate-to-brooklyn/

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The Isles have too much cap room...they could fleece someone looking for cap relief IMO. Oh wait, I'm talking about Garth Snow!

Isles have made their big money move: Vanek.

Now they need to convince him to accept Wang's big check.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/08/s...ns-to-brooklyn-and-get-new-ones-too.html?_r=0
Wang says he knows star power will be necessary to compete with the Rangers.

“John buys into the program. or he wouldn’t have committed to this number of years,†Wang said.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
1st + a prospect would be my asking price.

We'd have to be at least 6 or so points out to consider it though I think.

Ok. Is there any areas of concern? i.e. centre.

We have Jordan Schroeder, who is injured atm and stuck down the depth charts who could be an effective 2/3C given the right opportunity.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

I will start:

Wilson-Kopitar-Hornqvist
Beck-Cullen-Smith
Clune

Jones-Josi
Voynov-Ekholm
Klein-Bartley
This is the worst Weber trade proposal I have seen. Let's give away our should have won Norris Defenseman for A soon to be Slovenian Free agent winger and a Russian Defenseman and a player with one game played in his career?? On top of that we are adding a former 1st round pick and a gritty winger??? WTF WTF WTF What are we a farm team for the KHL???? Kopitar and Voynov are on the 1st plane to Russia the day their contract expires (most don't even wait for theirs to expire) and What value does Linden Vey bring??

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
This is the worst Weber trade proposal I have seen. Let's give away our should have won Norris Defenseman for A soon to be Slovenian Free agent winger and a Russian Defenseman and a player with one game played in his career?? On top of that we are adding a former 1st round pick and a gritty winger??? WTF WTF WTF What are we a farm team for the KHL???? Kopitar and Voynov are on the 1st plane to Russia the day their contract expires (most don't even wait for theirs to expire) and What value does Linden Vey bring??

Voynov I could see leaving but Kopitar I don't. Kopitar makes 6.8 per and Voynov is signed for 5 more years. Kopitar could have bolted for the KHL years ago and made around 8-12 probably, but he's here. He's won a cup and hasn't left. He'll be here a while. That's getting them in their prime. With that said, it isn't a good proposal for Weber at all.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

There is 0 chance Kopitar considers the KHL. Top 15 CENTER in the league, at least, and would be an outstanding fit here. Fantastic offensive skill and very, very good on the defensive end. I have less confidence in Voynov, who is an outstanding talent in his own right, but you've completely missed the boat on Anze.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
There is 0 chance Kopitar considers the KHL. Top 15 CENTER in the league, at least, and would be an outstanding fit here. Fantastic offensive skill and very, very good on the defensive end. I have less confidence in Voynov, who is an outstanding talent in his own right, but you've completely missed the boat on Anze.

100% agreed. I would sell, sell, sell to grab Kopitar on this team. Almost anything but Weber to be completely honest. He would easily be the guy we needed in that top 3.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Voynov I could see leaving but Kopitar I don't. Kopitar makes 6.8 per and Voynov is signed for 5 more years. Kopitar could have bolted for the KHL years ago and made around 8-12 probably, but he's here. He's won a cup and hasn't left. He'll be here a while. That's getting them in their prime. With that said, it isn't a good proposal for Weber at all.

I don't know. A big, nearly-PPG, Stanley Cup-winning center, who plays in all situations, a d-man that will probably be a 40+ point guy, and a very good winger prospect? I would probably take that over a package of Edmonton's undersized, fairly one-dimensional youngsters. I actually think that deal is slanted toward us, as while Weber has more value than Kopitar, the difference in value between Voynov/Vey and Ellis/Bourque is greater, perhaps by quite a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00