Possible trade fixes for Red Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyquistIsMyGod*

And the Wings don't? The Sedins, Kesler, Burrows and Booth is pretty legit. Also have Horvat on the way. Garrison sucks. If Edler is the odd-man out of THAT group. Then the Wings don't want him.

David Booth is not pretty legit. Alex Burrows has like 3 points in 20 games. Kesler is logging like 22:30 TOI a game. Henrik and Daniel are around there too. You can't compare the two. You honestly can't.

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Franzen
Alfredsson
Nyquist
Tatar
Helm
Abdelkader

H. Sedin
D. Sedin
Kesler
Burrows
Higgins
Booth
Sanotrelli
Kassian
Richardson

Vancouver signs left overs, and hope for a low risk/high reward signing each season. Their development is amongst the worst in the NHL and their system was crap, still is, despite two solid draft picks in the top 18 this seeason. Their talent does not compete with Detroit's. Not even close.

Then you look at them on defense. They've got those four, plus a few solid kids like Chris Tanev. Alex Edler seems to be the odd-man out. Him and Torts haven't seemed to be on the same page. Jason Garrison and Dan Hamhuis are BC natives. Kevin Bieksa seems to have a stay over Alex Edler. They honestly need to move Edler and this is coming from an Edler fan.

Oh and when healthy Detroit has:

Z-Dats-Bert
Franzen-Hem-Nyquist
Tatar-Abdelkader-Alfredsson
Miller-Andersson-Cleary
Weiss, Samuelsson

Jurco, Sheahan, Emmerton and Glendening who can jump up adn down. Team doesn't lack offensive depth now when healthy. Nyquist and Tatar fill out the roster.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
And the Wings don't? The Sedins, Kesler, Burrows and Booth is pretty legit. Also have Horvat on the way. Garrison sucks. If Edler is the odd-man out of THAT group. Then the Wings don't want him.

Not sure you know what you're talking about if you think Booth is legit and Garrison sucks.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
David Booth is not pretty legit. Alex Burrows has like 3 points in 20 games. Kesler is logging like 22:30 TOI a game. Henrik and Daniel are around there too. You can't compare the two. You honestly can't.

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Franzen
Alfredsson
Nyquist
Tatar
Helm
Abdelkader

H. Sedin
D. Sedin
Kesler
Burrows
Higgins
Booth
Sanotrelli
Kassian
Richardson

Vancouver signs left overs, and hope for a low risk/high reward signing each season. Their development is amongst the worst in the NHL and their system was crap, still is, despite two solid draft picks in the top 18 this seeason. Their talent does not compete with Detroit's. Not even close.

Then you look at them on defense. They've got those four, plus a few solid kids like Chris Tanev. Alex Edler seems to be the odd-man out. Him and Torts haven't seemed to be on the same page. Jason Garrison and Dan Hamhuis are BC natives. Kevin Bieksa seems to have a stay over Alex Edler. They honestly need to move Edler and this is coming from an Edler fan.

Oh and when healthy Detroit has:

Z-Dats-Bert
Franzen-Hem-Nyquist
Tatar-Abdelkader-Alfredsson
Miller-Andersson-Cleary
Weiss, Samuelsson

Jurco, Sheahan, Emmerton and Glendening who can jump up adn down. Team doesn't lack offensive depth now when healthy. Nyquist and Tatar fill out the roster.

Point taken. The Wings have more depth. But Kesler and Burrows are better than Mule and Alfie(going on 41) arguably. I have zero interest in Edler. BTW, did you really just put Weiss out of the lineup when everyone is healthy? And when are the Wings ever healthy?

NyquistIsMyGod*

Point taken. The Wings have more depth. But Kesler and Burrows are better than Mule and Alfie(going on 41) arguably. I have zero interest in Edler. BTW, did you really just put Weiss out of the lineup when everyone is healthy? And when are the Wings ever healthy?

If we're taking one year into account, I'd take Franzen and Alfredsson over Burrows and Kesler. Kesler looks more and more like a 55 point centre each season now. He's around that point again, adn that's playing a big chunk with the Sedins. Burrows is nothing special. Well he is, but not on an all-star level like Mule and Alfredsson.

Haha yes, I did. I just labeled a line-up I'd like to see right now when healthy. Stephen Weiss will play though, every game. He's just been absolutely brutal that it looks better like that right now. He's been outplayed by 12+ Red Wings forwards. I really hope he can get it going, but my hope is slowly going down every single game.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
If we're taking one year into account, I'd take Franzen and Alfredsson over Burrows and Kesler. Kesler looks more and more like a 55 point centre each season now. He's around that point again, adn that's playing a big chunk with the Sedins. Burrows is nothing special. Well he is, but not on an all-star level like Mule and Alfredsson.

Haha yes, I did. I just labeled a line-up I'd like to see right now when healthy. Stephen Weiss will play though, every game. He's just been absolutely brutal that it looks better like that right now. He's been outplayed by 12+ Red Wings forwards. I really hope he can get it going, but my hope is slowly going down every single game.

I wasn't taking one year into the picture. I wanted to change that, but I don't have editing abilities right now. I meant moving forward. You're really selling Kesler short. Despite his point production thus far, Alfie is not playing on an all-star level IMO. And Mule has yet to show he can consistently play on that level. I haven't watched any Canucks games this year. But Burrows is a player I'll take on my team any day from what I've seen in the past.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
I wasn't taking one year into the picture. I wanted to change that, but I don't have editing abilities right now. I meant moving forward. You're really selling Kesler short. Despite his point production thus far, Alfie is not playing on an all-star level IMO. And Mule has yet to show he can consistently play on that level. I haven't watched any Canucks games this year. But Burrows is a player I'll take on my team any day from what I've seen in the past.

So everything you're saying is based off last year's shortened season..? Burrows is on my fantasy team (someone dropped him) and has 3 pts this season despite getting some decent time with the Sedins

NyquistIsMyGod*

We're talking about depth, and depth right now. The Red Wings have much more than the Canucks. You have about 5 players (forwards) "capable" of 40 points a season on the Canucks. On the Red Wings, "capable" of 40 points a season (RIGHT NOW) you have about 9-10 players.

If you replace Franzen and Alfredsson right now with Kesler and Burrows, do you think we're better?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
We're talking about depth, and depth right now. The Red Wings have much more than the Canucks. You have about 5 players (forwards) "capable" of 40 points a season on the Canucks. On the Red Wings, "capable" of 40 points a season (RIGHT NOW) you have about 9-10 players.

If you replace Franzen and Alfredsson right now with Kesler and Burrows, do you think we're better?

Dats, Z, Alfie, Mule, Tatar?, Nyquist?, Bert, Weiss...

Right now, I'd probably go with Mule and Alfie. But I'd rather have Kesler than either of those players honestly. I'm not gonna keep this argument going since it's obvious I was not thinking clearly from the outset. I'm wrong. Fair enough?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
And the Wings don't? The Sedins, Kesler, Burrows and Booth is pretty legit. Also have Horvat on the way. Garrison sucks. If Edler is the odd-man out of THAT group..

Jason Garrison is better than any defenseman on the Wings not named Kronwall.

And yes, I absolutely believe that. I've seen him play since he played for the Rochester Amerks, all the way to his come-up with the Panthers.

I wanted the Wings to get him bad when he was a UFA.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Dats, Z, Alfie, Mule, Tatar?, Nyquist?, Bert, Weiss...

Right now, I'd probably go with Mule and Alfie. But I'd rather have Kesler than either of those players honestly. I'm not gonna keep this argument going since it's obvious I was not thinking clearly from the outset. I'm wrong. Fair enough?

You don't have to keep this argument, but capable of 40 points you have:

Pavel Datsyuk
Henrik Zetterberg
Johan Franzen
Gustav Nyquist
Daniel Alfredsson
Tomas Tatar
Darren Helm
Stephen Weiss
Todd Bertuzzi
Justin Abdelkader

Capable is a big word I suppose, but a lot of those players are close to a .50 PPG. Of course I didn't factor in health.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
You don't have to keep this argument, but capable of 40 points you have:

Pavel Datsyuk
Henrik Zetterberg
Johan Franzen
Gustav Nyquist
Daniel Alfredsson
Tomas Tatar
Darren Helm
Stephen Weiss
Todd Bertuzzi
Justin Abdelkader

Capable is a big word I suppose, but a lot of those players are close to a .50 PPG. Of course I didn't factor in health.

Just to keep ya honest :naughty:

Tatar and Helm are not proven. I do believe both can be 40-50 point players given the TOI and opportunity. Helm may be on pace for 40, but has never gotten 40. Neither has Gator. Weiss isn't on pace for anywhere near 40. And Bert is frequently injured.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Just to keep ya honest :naughty:

Tatar and Helm are not proven. I do believe both can be 40-50 point players given the TOI and opportunity. Helm may be on pace for 40, but has never gotten 40. Neither has Gator. Weiss isn't on pace for anywhere near 40. And Bert is frequently injured.

I factored in potential this season.

Darren Helm is around .70 PPG or something crazy like that. He's been around .40 PPG twice. You need around .48 PPG if I'm not mistaken. I don't think it's a lie to say he has a case and the potential.

Tomas Tatar has 11 points in 20 games. That's slightly over .50 PPG. He has the potential for sure.

Gustav Nyquist could hit 40 points, no questions asked. He could hit that number this year.

Stephen Weiss won't hit it this year (lucky to hit 30) but he has the ability, like I mentioned. He's interesting though, because he could be shot.

In 11/12 Bert was over .50. He was at .44 in limited time last season and this year is at .39.

So overall, I think there's a case and a chance for any of these players. I'm talking a full 82 game schedule too.

Justin Abdelkader is just a player that I think could get there. He's at .38 right now, and could get hot playing with the big boys. He has the "potential".

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I factored in potential this season.

Darren Helm is around .70 PPG or something crazy like that. He's been around .40 PPG twice. You need around .48 PPG if I'm not mistaken. I don't think it's a lie to say he has a case and the potential.

Tomas Tatar has 11 points in 20 games. That's slightly over .50 PPG. He has the potential for sure.

Gustav Nyquist could hit 40 points, no questions asked. He could hit that number this year.

Stephen Weiss won't hit it this year (lucky to hit 30) but he has the ability, like I mentioned. He's interesting though, because he could be shot.

In 11/12 Bert was over .50. He was at .44 in limited time last season and this year is at .39.

So overall, I think there's a case and a chance for any of these players. I'm talking a full 82 game schedule too.

Justin Abdelkader is just a player that I think could get there. He's at .38 right now, and could get hot playing with the big boys. He has the "potential".

Lets just say that I hope I'm wrong here. I'm one of the biggest Tatar advocates on this board. Nyquist can get there easily. It will all depend on health for the others. We need to get Dats and Z back. If Jimmy gets it together I don't see why we can't make a run.

XxTatar21SaucexX

MotownShowdown
Sep 3, 2012
I would be interested in a D man like Andrej Meszaros. He brings a physical aspect and adds some size to our blue line. He's a +31 in his career and his contract ends this year with the Flyers. It would be a great move to add him somehow at the end of this season.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I would be interested in a D man like Andrej Meszaros. He brings a physical aspect and adds some size to our blue line. He's a +31 in his career and his contract ends this year with the Flyers. It would be a great move to add him somehow at the end of this season.

I like that idea.

I'm still hell bent on getting a smart, puck-moving dman who can lead the breakout/get the puck out of his own zone efficiently. Especially right handed shooting dmen. So far I've wondered about Anton Stralman, who I believe is also in a contract year and Ducks prospect Sami Vatanen. At the same time I'm not averse to left handed shooting dmen who are comfortable playing on the right side.

Dustin16182

Jun 30, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
Not sure if anyone has discussed this yet, but I wonder of NJ would be interested in a trade that involves Quincey and Brunner.

Brunner did well last year in the playoffs, and could be a key addition towards secondary scoring in a system we know he can fit. Quincey has very little value with an expiring contract and an absolutely poor performance here. I'm happy with the youth movement on our defense despite the expected growing pains. Brunner obviously isn't thriving in NJ. Maybe holland can work a deal out that involves bringing in a depth defenseman through another trade, if needed

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Not sure if anyone has discussed this yet, but I wonder of NJ would be interested in a trade that involves Quincey and Brunner.

Brunner did well last year in the playoffs, and could be a key addition towards secondary scoring in a system we know he can fit. Quincey has very little value with an expiring contract and an absolutely poor performance here. I'm happy with the youth movement on our defense despite the expected growing pains. Brunner obviously isn't thriving in NJ. Maybe holland can work a deal out that involves bringing in a depth defenseman through another trade, if needed

I think there is more chance that the Red Wings can trade with Dallas than New Jersey, with Nill and them having a lot of injuries on the back-end.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I'd be all for it. Quincey for Brunner swap. Brunner takes Sammy's spot on line 4 and the PP.

So that takes care of 2/3 of the guys hurting this team in 1 trade.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
brunner has 2.5 mil cap hit next year too. can't use comp. buy out on him.

it's arguable if that trade makes wings a lot better, but even if it does, they are still no legit cup contenders. and roster logjam gets even worse next year and even less cap space which is already down about 2 mil bc of alfie's bonuses.

and he would be played on fourth line anyway and that 2nd pp unit.

and one injury to one of the vets and 66% of the dman are rookies/sophomores. if one counts kindl as a vet, as that's being kind of generous considering how he looks when he is under any pressure on his own zone.

seems like pretty damn stupid trade to me.

and devils already have like 9 nhl Dman on their roster.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Brunner? No more retreads, please. Especially when they are only effective in Europe.

My feelings exactly. Though I would like to get rid of Quincey, Brunner can stay in Jersey.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
My feelings exactly. Though I would like to get rid of Quincey, Brunner can stay in Jersey.

I don't know, I may be desperate enough to take another chance on him and get rid of Quincey in the same breath.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I don't know, I may be desperate enough to take another chance on him and get rid of Quincey in the same breath.

I'd rather keep the cap we can shed by getting rid of Quincey at seasons end to take a run at a free agent that is willing to sign with Detroit. The contract talks with Brunner really ticked me off to the point I wouldn't want him back.

Also kind of random but is that Val Kilmer (Doc Holiday from Tombstone) photoshopped as your avatar?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad