Possible trade fixes for Red Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Hell no. Maybe when he was playing at the top of his game again, but he isn't.

Helm has a ton of value in the league, maybe not quite Edler level value, but not too far off.

You throw in those 3 other huge pieces and it's not even close. From what I gather, a lot of Canucks fans don't even view Edler's contract as much of a discount anymore.

that and the fact its more then bobby ryan and rick nash were traded for combined

edler will fetch if moved
-a first rd pick(think 12-30 spot)
- a solid prospect
- a salary dump as edler is signed to good money long-term so money HAS to be exchanged(its the way it works now)

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
that and the fact its more then bobby ryan and rick nash were traded for combined

edler will fetch if moved
-a first rd pick(think 12-30 spot)
- a solid prospect
- a salary dump as edler is signed to good money long-term so money HAS to be exchanged(its the way it works now)

I don't see why KH won't jump on this then. 1st + Quincey/Sammy (might waive to go back to VAN) + Tatar

EDIT: Not enough for cap reasons.. Quincey + Eaves + Tatar + 1st OR Sammy + Tootoo + Tatar + 1st

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I don't see why KH won't jump on this then. 1st + Quincey/Sammy (might waive to go back to VAN) + Tatar

well it may not be tatar they want, it may be nyquist or jankrok or mantha and that is probbaly too much to give up for an edler unless you're the pens or bruins or sharks etc who are among the true top cup contenders

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
well it may not be tatar they want, it may be nyquist or jankrok or mantha and that is probbaly too much to give up for an edler unless you're the pens or bruins or sharks etc who are among the true top cup contenders
I think Tatar and Nyquist have equal ceilings so one of them can be traded for someone like Edler. Defensemen like Edler don't exactly grow on trees and improves the team instantly.

Always been high on Tatar but Nyquist seems to be better on the defensive side.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
What about Ott? Not going to be offensive, but could help the team get more tough for only a 2nd round pick probably.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013

They're looking for a Top-6 FWD and I'd wager Tatar fits that bill.

Detroit Sports*

I'd trade almost anyone on this roster Not named Dats,Z,Tatar,Nyquist,Helm and DeKeyser...

NyquistIsMyGod*

I really don't want to move Tatar at all. A defenseman may be needed this season, but he's 23 years old and is looking great. Not many "rookies" on this team have posted a .50 PPG in the past. He could hit the .60 mark this season. Then you look at all of the near NHL ready prospects coming up, a solid 1-3 in Kronwall, Ericsson and DeKeyser.. Keeping Tatar is what we should do.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
i really don't want to move tatar at all. A defenseman may be needed this season, but he's 23 years old and is looking great. Not many "rookies" on this team have posted a .50 ppg in the past. He could hit the .60 mark this season. Then you look at all of the near nhl ready prospects coming up, a solid 1-3 in kronwall, ericsson and dekeyser.. Keeping tatar is what we should do.

ditto

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
we don't need to trade anybody , just ask polite Cleary, Bert and Semmy to retire. We can got some players from best AHL team

NyquistIsMyGod*

Worth wise, Tatar would be in for Alex Edler. Edler's a damn good defenseman. We have many kids coming up on the backend, a great 1-3, and we actually really need Tatar. I don't see a point.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Worth wise, Tatar would be in for Alex Edler. Edler's a damn good defenseman. We have many kids coming up on the backend, a great 1-3, and we actually really need Tatar. I don't see a point.

Edler was a damn good d-man a couple years ago. If he was so damn good, why would the Canucks really want to move him? He's on a good deal. I've heard pretty of Nuck fans complain about Edler. I'm not packaging Tatar, a 1st, Smith + for Edler.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Edler was a damn good d-man a couple years ago. If he was so damn good, why would the Canucks really want to move him? He's on a good deal. I've heard pretty of Nuck fans complain about Edler. I'm not packaging Tatar, a 1st, Smith + for Edler.

I think Vancouver is probably really unhappy they basically turned that down at the draft. Thank God they did.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Not real difficult, dude. They lack offensive depth, have a piss poor system, and let's not forget they have Garrison, Hamhuis and Bieksa. Edler seems to be the odd-man out of the group.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Not real difficult, dude. They lack offensive depth, have a piss poor system, and let's not forget they have Garrison, Hamhuis and Bieksa. Edler seems to be the odd-man out of the group.

And the Wings don't? The Sedins, Kesler, Burrows and Booth is pretty legit. Also have Horvat on the way. Garrison sucks. If Edler is the odd-man out of THAT group. Then the Wings don't want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad