Rumor: Possible new away jersey next year

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
I'm not a fan of the idea of going with the current 3rd as the main home.

Don't get me wrong, the current black heritage 3rd is the sickest of 3rds in the NHL but its the 3rd and its a heritage. It also is not the primary color of today's franchise which is red and also I dont think a home jersey should ever have the "heritage white" color... Unless of course for a 3rd or for a heritage/winter classic game.

I'm not against the bone white aka heritage white but I don't want to see it as an away jersey on a regular basis. At the same time I think it under values these heritage games if they do that...

One last thing, if Ottawa ever does get a new away jersey for regular games. I'd vote for the 92-93 away with 2d logo.

If they go white barber pole with O for regular games, as a truly new away, than NO heritage white please!

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I'm not a fan of the idea of going with the current 3rd as the main It also is not the primary color of today's franchise which is red
Well 90% of the people on this site disagree with you buddy! Very few people want the Red and it's Kiddy Crest.

It may be the colour Today, but it wasn't when they came back in '92, so who cares about Today, time to move on.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
The Senators primary color will remain red that you like it or not.

The black doesn't show as dramatically as the red and with sponsors such as "Canadian Tire, Scotia Bank... Red works with the branding all around.

One M0RE YEAR

Jun 5, 2013
Well 90% of the people on this site disagree with you buddy! Very few people want the Red and it's Kiddy Crest.

It may be the colour Today, but it wasn't when they came back in '92, so who cares about Today, time to move on.

Exactly, it is time to move on from '92.. red as the primary colour makes a lot of sense with the sens being in the capital of canada. I don't see a change happening any time soon

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
The Senators primary color will remain red that you like it or not.

The black doesn't show as dramatically as the red and with sponsors such as "Canadian Tire, Scotia Bank... Red works with the branding all around.

Indeed. As beautiful as those black jerseys were, this team has cemented red as the primary colour.

I think that's why we've never seen the 2D logo brought back in any form, a logo with a giant red crest on an already red jersey would just bleed together (for lack of a better term.) I've never seen a concept of a primarily red jersey that has managed to incorporate that logo well.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Why is ea sports not using the sens correct logo? I just found this on facebook:

1173852_10151892254340996_1332280526_n.jpg

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Why is ea sports not using the sens correct logo? I just found this on facebook:

1173852_10151892254340996_1332280526_n.jpg

That's been posted before, it probably doesn't mean anything. Also notice how the Phoenix logo is rotated incorrectly. I also think Anaheim might be shifting away from that text logo, judging by how it's not anywhere on the front page of their website.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
That's been posted before, it probably doesn't mean anything. Also notice how the Phoenix logo is rotated incorrectly. I also think Anaheim might be shifting away from that text logo, judging by how it's not anywhere on the front page of their website.

I think they did it so they would have space for all 30 team's logos.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Here's a concept I did up during the storm.

Inspired by Andy's pads, and Maclean's polo.

2qvyxea.png

Credit to JerkStore for the heritage/ =O= concept.

Nothing really new or ground breaking, just combined a couple of past Sens jersey stuff.

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Here's a concept I did up during the storm.

Inspired by Andy's pads, and Maclean's polo.

2qvyxea.png

Credit to JerkStore for the heritage/ =O= concept.

Nothing really new or ground breaking, just combined a couple of past Sens jersey stuff.

Only complaint i have is the red and black on the numbers isn't thick enough. Numbers would be tricky to see from far away.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
:sarcasm: The storm 3 weeks ago?

Hey! They're not exactly the same!

Different template, different logo, sleeves, number, etc.

Truthfully I just wanted to incorporate the '92 sleeves with the logo we've been seeing recently.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Truthfully I just wanted to incorporate the '92 sleeves with the logo we've been seeing recently.

I am just bugging you. I knew I saw the general idea earlier in the thread. Just didnt realize it was yours lol

Alaskimo

Pesky Pesky...
Jul 28, 2011

*90% of the people who post in response to this whole thing. The black jersey proponents are engaged in classic jersey love, nostalgia, and hate for colour and vibrance in a jersey.

Just because an opinion is popular among the people posting on HF Boards doesn't mean that translates to the rest of the fanbase, or even the fans visiting the boards just to read.

Last edited by a moderator:

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
*90% of the people who post in response to this whole thing. The black jersey proponents are engaged classic jersey love, nostalgia, and hate for colour and vibrance in a jersey.

Just because an opinion is popular among the people posting on HF Boards doesn't mean that translates to the rest of the fanbase, or even the fans visiting the boards just to read.

Pretty sure they are selling way more Heritage jerseys than the home red jersey. That tells you something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alaskimo

Pesky Pesky...
Jul 28, 2011
Pretty sure they are selling way more Heritage jerseys than the home red jersey. That tells you something.

Really? A new jersey is selling better than a 6 year old jersey? Shocking.

Also, I never said we should stick with our current home and roads, but I do think we should keep the general colour scheme (red as the primary for our home jerseys).

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
*90% of the people who post in response to this whole thing.

That's how Polls work. It's a percentage of fans, wether it be on this site, or somewhere else.

And trust me, I have asked friends, guys at pickup/League Hockey & co-workers with pretty well the same results

I'm sure if there was a Poll @ Canadian Tire Centre it would be similar. :yo:

And I'm not even mad!

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

If your old Heritage (bone) white version had the lace on the neck, I'd say your on to something. I really do like the way you incorporated the black on the sleeves like '92. Very ingenious.

Here's my crappy attempt at paint!

Alaskimo

Pesky Pesky...
Jul 28, 2011
That's how Polls work. It's a percentage of fans, wether it be on this site, or somewhere else.

And trust me, I have asked friends, guys at pickup/League Hockey & co-workers with pretty well the same results

I'm sure if there was a Poll @ Canadian Tire Centre it would be similar. :yo:

And I'm not even mad!

I've talked about it with many people too, most I've talked to love the old WHITE jerseys but prefer having red as the primary. (Most common reason I've heard is for playoffs, the red rink, the red jerseys, the red lights, and the atmosphere feels AND looks incredibly energetic. Any poll, especially one at CTC would be much closer than you seem to think or HF boards represents... I love the heritage jerseys personally, but I do not want it as our primary. I think it is perfect for what it is, an alternate.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Too each their own.

Not sure how old you are but the first year the Sens made the playoffs in 1997 the place went nuts, and black was beautiful! Same atmosphere! The City was buzzing. The following year 1997-1998 they came out with the first Red jersey, and their first kiddy 3D crest Alternate jersey.

Alaskimo

Pesky Pesky...
Jul 28, 2011
Old enough to remember, young enough to be the new generation haha I always thought the original jerseys were beautiful, but in my opinion we need to keep trying before we have our jerseys locked in...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad