Rumor: Possible new away jersey next year

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Team Canada's olympic jerseys have leaked out,

BTcSAOVCIAEfr7W.jpg

BTcdie_CcAAGrTa.jpg

Well thats narsty.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
I bet you that this stems from the IOC not letting the respective nation's hockey governing bodies use their main logos as their main crest.

I recall reading that the IOC was on a warpath with Hockey Canada and USA hockey over this for the last couple of games and they put their foot down in Vacouver...

In fact this is why in 2010 team Canada had a jersey redesign without the traditional Hockey Canada logo on the front. Still the red maple leaf with gold piping but not the trademarked logo.

These new ones seem pretty weak though, they could and by the looks of it, should have kept the same ones as 2010... Good omen too!!

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
I bet you that this stems from the IOC not letting the respective nation's hockey governing bodies use their main logos as their main crest.

I recall reading that the IOC was on a warpath with Hockey Canada and USA hockey over this for the last couple of games and they put their foot down in Vacouver...

In fact this is why in 2010 team Canada had a jersey redesign without the traditional Hockey Canada logo on the front. Still the red maple leaf with gold piping but not the trademarked logo.

These new ones seem pretty weak though, they could and by the looks of it, should have kept the same ones as 2010... Good omen too!!

new jerseys every olympics drives jersey sales, which is an important source of revenue for hockey federations.

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
I like the concept of having a stripe on only one arm, but it could use a waist stripe.

How can you guys hate the Russia jerseys?

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Well, at least they'll be cheap.

I never did understand the Olympic Committee's objection to the national hockey federation jerseys.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
THANK GOD, the real Team Canada jersey's will be unveiled in October! :thumbu:

Then The Sens white Heritage jersey in November! Woo-Hoo

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
NHL is revealing the Stadium Series jerseys next week. Hopefully the Heritage classic ones will be revealed too.

Apparently the Stadium Series jerseys are going to be based more on a "futuristic" theme than a "throwback" theme (the throwbacks being the norm for the outdoor games since their induction).

Also, according to icethetics.info (the best "jersey-nerd" site on the interwebs, by the way), Reebok had a large part in the design for the Stadium Series jerseys, so if the new Sabres 3rds are any indication, you can just go ahead and prepare for the worst.

NHL also just released a bunch of "Chromes" team logos for all the Stadium Series teams, which sort of reinforces that rumor.

No idea... but if I had to guess, I'd think that Sens vs. Canucks will still be "vintage"-inspired.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Also on the NHL 14 demo start up is has logos of all 30 NHL teams, but ours isn't our primary logo like everyone else's. It's the =O=

That's because our primary logo is a "vertical" logo and it's the only one in the NHL like that. It's easier to use the =O= logo because it takes up more volume in a square template.

It's also why the Coyotes logo is sometimes tilted... because its a diagonal logo.

SenatorArmy*

excellent...never was a fan of red home uniforms....the black is sleek & will intimidate opponents. The white is really nice too & we never should have switched to the 3D logo....glad the S wing would be back as well...

I'd be okay with just going back to the uniforms we had in the year we went to the finals..but maybe with black as the home colour, but what's being proposed here is really nice. I vote yes on this proposition!

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
excellent...never was a fan of red home uniforms....the black is sleek & will intimidate opponents. The white is really nice too & we never should have switched to the 3D logo....glad the S wing would be back as well...

I'd be okay with just going back to the uniforms we had in the year we went to the finals..but maybe with black as the home colour, but what's being proposed here is really nice. I vote yes on this proposition!
Wrong

Even worse it would lead to us taking more penalties than we already do.

SenatorArmy*

welll...........damn...........what would be the most successful colour to switch to then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad