Rumor: Possible new away jersey next year

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
all they have to do is look at how many of these sold
Ottawa-Senators-Heritage-1931-Sweater-N289_XL.jpg

Actually, those Roger Edwards vintage sweaters (when R.E. too over the sweater licenses from CCM/Reebok) sold REALLY WELL, considering they were an actual sweater (which you can really only wear during the coldest months, because they were heavy), and not a jersey (longer shelf life).

I remember having to re-order those Roger Edwards sweaters way more often than I should have... they were massively, MASSIVELY popular around Christmas.

You can't compare the vintage Roger Edwards sweater to our new 3rd jerseys based on designs... if they'd made the sweater design into a proper jersey (lighter, more versatile, less bulky, easier to wear), I'm absolutely convinced it would have sold almost as well as our current 3rd jersey... heck, it probably would have out-sold our home jersey for a few christmases...

... Also, here's what the Roger Edwards version of that sweater looked like... it's MUCH cleaner-looking.

134893.jpg

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Remember when this picture cam out a few years back??? Could of been foreshadowing of the new heritage classic jersey. Maybe, Maybe not!

ott-ostore1.png

The "barberpole jerseys" you see in that artist's mock-up are the Roger Edwards vintage sweaters/jerseys I was talking about in the above post.

When that pic was circulating, the Roger Edwards sweaters were selling really well, and were a hot item.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
According to my friend who works at the Sens Stores in CTC, she says that her bosses have seen the jerseys and they said it looked "good" "sweet" and "sick".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad