Value of: Possible McDavid Wingers

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I would think JP seems to have the higher potential, the size and skill. I’m am not the GM but if I was, I would likely keep Kapanen (unless the add was very small) just to see how good he can become.
He has the size certainly. Time will tell us whether he has the skill. Thank you!

Reactions: Dzonna

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
no one is giving you any value if your offering puljujarvi or a protected first. and sekera and lucic are considered cap dumps even if you don't agree on that.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Kreider and Zuccarello will gladly join this list for Edmonton’s 1st
Can't afford that type of deal but that's the type of trade that could really help the Oilers if they could sort out salary. Not sure how we can do that without including big salary guys with little value and no trade clauses.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Generally speaking none of those guys are going to be available for the pieces that we’re willing to give up. Best thing to do right now is stay the course, watch the waiver wire, and jump on a Maroon type trade if one is made available. Most of those guys are shooting for the moon.

We’re 3-3-1 and we’ve had a murderer’s row of opponents. It’s not panic time.

Reactions: Dustin and TFHockey

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Generally speaking none of those guys are going to be available for the pieces that we’re willing to give up.

Not only this, but if we're making trades, shouldn't we be trying to get players that can help out with our depth scoring? What will help McDavid more than anything isn't better wingers, but more threats on other scoring lines so teams know that there is more to the Oilers scoring threat list than McDavid's line.

Here's a novel idea - try Pulujarvi with McDavid for more than a few seconds at a time.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Generally speaking none of those guys are going to be available for the pieces that we’re willing to give up. Best thing to do right now is stay the course, watch the waiver wire, and jump on a Maroon type trade if one is made available. Most of those guys are shooting for the moon.

We’re 3-3-1 and we’ve had a murderer’s row of opponents. It’s not panic time.

I'm on record as stating if Edmonton gets out of October at .500 they'll be in good shape to make the playoffs. This opening stretch is brutal.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Doubt the Haws or Sharks are willing to give up those players. Ask for DeBrincat is likely Klef.
Can't see the Hawks trading what looks to be a gifted sniper on an ELC for an inconsistent player like Klefbom who eats up way more cap.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Edmonton should just keep looking internally for RW that can play with McDavid, it's too risky making big trades or UFA pickups when there just as easily might not be anything there (Lucic). Took them a long time to discover RNH worked well with him on LW, could take some time on RW too. I like the move of trying Yamamato there, give him and/or Rattie extended looks this year and see if something's there.

Reactions: TFHockey

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Can't see the Hawks trading what looks to be a gifted sniper on an ELC for an inconsistent player like Klefbom who eats up way more cap.

I was screaming for the Oilers to take DeBrincat at #32 where we took Tyler Benson... *sigh*

And I think Benson will be a good player in this league.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Edmonton should just keep looking internally for RW that can play with McDavid, it's too risky making big trades or UFA pickups when there just as easily might not be anything there (Lucic). Took them a long time to discover RNH worked well with him on LW, could take some time on RW too. I like the move of trying Yamamato there, give him and/or Rattie extended looks this year and see if something's there.

Edmonton is looking internally for RW help. Found it in Rattie before he was injured. Now they're looking again. The problems are that 1) fans are impatient with the search, 2) McLellan blew a year trying to find it internally already, and 3) McLellan also doesn't seem to be giving the logical choices the chance to shine with McDavid.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I was screaming for the Oilers to take DeBrincat at #32 where we took Tyler Benson... *sigh*

And I think Benson will be a good player in this league.
Its decisions like these that expose the foresight of this organization. The mindset is not that of a progressive organization. The Benson Hype from several years back was no longer evident, and you had an absolute lethal goal scorer in Debrincat on the table, the Oilers jump up and draft Benson because he grew up in Edmonton and the organization was still living off his past hype.

Benson is not what he was supposed to be. He may one day play a role that maybe* Sam Gagner currently plays, a journeyman, but that's his maximum upside.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why not just tank and get another 1OA for a winger - how else does EDM expect to get players?

Rich coming from a fan of a team whose only players worth a damn were top 10 picks...

Don’t pretend like Toronto has been some development juggernaut, you depended on finishing low in the draft to build your team too.

Reactions: flamesforcup

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Rich coming from a fan of a team whose only players worth a damn were top 10 picks...

Don’t pretend like Toronto has been some development juggernaut, you depended on finishing low in the draft to build your team too.

I think you're rattled but aren't really accepting that this is normal for EDM.
Face it, you've had plenty of 1OA in the last decade and it's normal for you.

Let it happen again, what's the harm?

Also, talking about another team, when we're talking about EDM seems a lot like deflecting.... If you don't like drafting 1OA, trade the numerous picks you've had over the years.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think you're rattled but aren't really accepting that this is normal for EDM.
Face it, you've had plenty of 1OA in the last decade and it's normal for you.

Let it happen again, what's the harm?

Also, talking about another team, when we're talking about EDM seems a lot like deflecting.... If you don't like drafting 1OA, trade the numerous picks you've had over the years.

I’m not rattled. You said we tanked - we tanked one year. The others we were just bad. Coming from a fan of a team that’s been mostly bad for 50 years, I’d think you’d understand the difference.

Dont you have a parade to plan?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad