Value of: Possible McDavid Wingers

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
I’m not rattled. You said we tanked - we tanked one year. The others we were just bad. Coming from a fan of a team that’s been mostly bad for 50 years, I’d think you’d understand the difference.

Dont you have a parade to plan?

Yeah - you're rattled.
Maybe just recognize that it's not that bad of a position to be bad?
Lots of teams would covet any one of those 1OA picks....

Last edited by a moderator:

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Man, I can't believe Connor played almost 30 mins last night lol that is tough

Brutal

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah - you're rattled.
Maybe just recognize that it's not that bad of a position to be bad?
Lots of teams would covet any one of those 1OA picks....

It’s a bad position if your management and coaching staff can’t be relied upon to properly develop high picks - we’re doing it again with Puljujarvi.

Teams can covet whatever they want to, doesn’t mean the Oilers will or should sell them off. Staying the course is the best solution at the moment. The last couple times Chia’s gone for quick fixes it’s blown up in our faces.

Last edited by a moderator:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Oilers would just be best off hoping Yamamoto or Puljujarvi can develop into the kind of winger McDavid needs. They don't have the tradeable assets to pull off a guy like Kapanen or Meier.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
It’s a bad position if your management and coaching staff can’t be relied upon to properly develop high picks - we’re doing it again with Puljujarvi.

Teams can covet whatever they want to, doesn’t mean the Oilers will or should sell them off. Staying the course is the best solution at the moment. The last couple times Chia’s gone for quick fixes it’s blown up in our faces.

Lol @ EDM for properly developing High draft Picks - EDM needs more chances at developing those picks. Only way is to a) change the staff so you can do so or b) get more picks and hope for the best.

Based on your past history of acquiring high draft picks and 1st OA's, I'd say you should try tanking for more picks and hoping your staff can develop a few.

big ape

Jan 28, 2011
Edmonton
The Oilers would just be best off hoping Yamamoto or Puljujarvi can develop into the kind of winger McDavid needs. They don't have the tradeable assets to pull off a guy like Kapanen or Meier.
TMac imo always seems to make the wrong move. Yamamoto is now on McDavids wing since the Rattie injury. I would of put JP there. He has payed his dues to the team, put him in a position to succeed. To me Yamamoto hasn’t looked out of place defensively so far, but is invisible on most nights.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What happened to Ty Rattie?

Injured. Got banged up in preseason when Nick Cousins cheapshotted him and is now out with an undisclosed muscle injury.

I don’t know why OP is freaking out. Yamamoto’s looked pretty good on that line. Just has to shake off the ‘OMG I’m playing with McDavid’ yips and stop deferring so much. He passed when he had a clean look from 15 feet out last night - need to shoot there.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’ve been saying for years that Sven Andrighetto would be an unbelievable fit beside 97. Can absolutely fly, gets to the slot and is a shoot first kinda player with a good shot to compliment. Plus he’s on a sweetheart contract and likely wouldn’t cost much to acquire.

He was a near PPG player in the 25ish games he played with Mackinnon to end the 16/17 season and start of the following season.

Reactions: Brett44

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I don't want any asset that has been "developed" by Edmonton longer than a season. I also don't trust their prospects given their record of picks, especially after 1st OA.

So either draft picks or high end prospects the Leafs are high on are the only thing I would want out of Edmonton. Pulj has already been ruined by the Oilers. He won't hit his once ceiling, his confidence is busted and he is just not good at any one thing. If a team took him on and could get his confidence back maybe he would be salvaged but he is a project at this point, not a 4th OA pick value like he once was.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
What players would the following teams want from Edmonton in exchange for the players listed below?

Flyers-Konecny
NJD- Wood
Blackhawks-DeBrincat
Leafs-Kapanen
Sharks- Meier

If you want to see DeBrincat play with McDavid then trade McDavid to Chicago

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Nylander will be on McDavid's wing next season. Return will be Bouchard + so long as Edmonton don't screw-up his development too much this season.
Not a realistic Cap situation for the Oil, they need cheap guys. Kapanen would make sense if they had a comparable RHD they could part with.

His history with Brown could also be a thing. I don't see how they can add a 6+ mil winger.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
I’ve been saying for years that Sven Andrighetto would be an unbelievable fit beside 97. Can absolutely fly, gets to the slot and is a shoot first kinda player with a good shot to compliment. Plus he’s on a sweetheart contract and likely wouldn’t cost much to acquire.

He was a near PPG player in the 25ish games he played with Mackinnon to end the 16/17 season and start of the following season.
I agree
I propose Ghetto and 2nd avs 2019 for 1st 2019 top 5 protected

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If you want to see DeBrincat play with McDavid then trade McDavid to Chicago

To Edmonton - the entire 2018-2019 Chicago Blackhawks 50% retained except for DeBrincat

To Chicago - Connor McDavid, Lucic, Sekera, Russell, Koskinen, whatever to make salary work

... I still think we lose that deal TBH.

Now I’m actually curious.

(Oilers - McDavid-dumps) + (Current Hawks - DeBrincat)

RNH-Drai-Kane
Schmaltz-Toews-Yamamoto
Kahun-Anisimov-Strome
Khaira-Kruger-Chiasson

Keith-Larsson
Klefbom-Jokiharju
Nurse-Seabrook/Gustavsson

Crawford
Talbot

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Why would the Avs be looking to trade him, though? If he's only 25 with a few years of control left, I don't know why they'd be looking to move him. I'd love to get him on the Penguins as either a RWer for Crosby or a LWer for Brassard.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I don't want any asset that has been "developed" by Edmonton longer than a season. I also don't trust their prospects given their record of picks, especially after 1st OA.

So either draft picks or high end prospects the Leafs are high on are the only thing I would want out of Edmonton. Pulj has already been ruined by the Oilers. He won't hit his once ceiling, his confidence is busted and he is just not good at any one thing. If a team took him on and could get his confidence back maybe he would be salvaged but he is a project at this point, not a 4th OA pick value like he once was.

Lol why you so obsessed with the Oilers? You comment on them more than Oilers fans do geez.

Mar 26, 2010
Rich coming from a fan of a team whose only players worth a damn were top 10 picks...

Don’t pretend like Toronto has been some development juggernaut, you depended on finishing low in the draft to build your team too.
This coming from an Oilers fan? How many 1st overall busts have they drafted now?

Talk about rich.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Debrincat has 7 goals in 9 games to start the season after a 28 goal, 50+ pt rookie season on an ELC

Sure let's just hand him over to Edmonton so you can have someone to play with the highest paid and best player in the league

Edmonton would have laughably overpay to get debrincat who looks certain to hit 30+ goals this year

Indeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad