FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Jim Carrey Vomit GIFs | Tenor

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

ah shit... nnothing against that company but those patches certainly are not making this jersey look any better.

PS
Also, so the new jerseys are not coming.

Logo could've been a lot worse tbh. Also slapping a patch on the current jersey doesn't mean a new one isn't coming.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Pretty soon we will go the way of the stupid euro leagues and soccer clubs. Team logo will be a small patch and the Waste Management company logo will be front and center.

When greed takes over. Lame.
Except that for "stupid euro leagues" this is due to the teams making only roughly 1% of the NHL teams' income on average and have no national television plan or something similar; at least in most of these leagues, the club generates around 70% through ticket sales and 20% through advertising, but only 10% through literally everything else. That's absolutely not based on greed whatsoever.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Except that for "stupid euro leagues" this is due to the teams making only roughly 1% of the NHL teams' income on average and have no national television plan or something similar; at least in most of these leagues, the club generates around 70% through ticket sales and 20% through advertising, but only 10% through literally everything else. That's absolutely not based on greed whatsoever.

Thanks for that. I meant the greed on the NHL side of the house, those were 2 completely different thoughts. I really had no idea why euro leagues did it or when it started, I just know Ive never been a fan of the look.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Well the Bier/Vodka and food must be better in europe that I wouldn't mind the ads on jerseys. Do German hockey arenas sell curry wurst and pretzels along with Hofbrau bier ?

Imagine Swiss Italian arenas with real Pizza, Gelato and fondue :)

GermanRocket7

Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Thanks for that. I meant the greed on the NHL side of the house, those were 2 completely different thoughts. I really had no idea why euro leagues did it or when it started, I just know Ive never been a fan of the look.
You're welcome. This has been ongoing since the 1980s as far as I remember, and actually started with a German football team from Braunschweig, that sold their jersey's spots to Jägermeister back in the late 1970s or something and thus avoided bankruptcy.

GermanRocket7

Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Well the Bier/Vodka and food must be better in europe that I wouldn't mind the ads on jerseys. Do German hockey arenas sell curry wurst and pretzels along with Hofbrau bier ?

Imagine Swiss Italian arenas with real Pizza, Gelato and fondue :)
Well yes, but actually no. For the most part you get regular fast food such as fries, hotdogs, etc. but most of the time they're barely edible whatsoever due to them being produced in masses by completely oblivious unskilled workers. Don't know if this kind of concept also exists in NA, but most people are contracted to a company that just distributes them (to) a spot to work at for a short amount of time and then replaces them by someone else, sending person A to some other open spot.

The beer is btw often times just some local beer, which can be awesome (like in my hometown with Füchschen Alt) or horrible (like in northern Germany where they mostly sell extremely bitter pilsner, which makes your stomach growl for hours on end). Special place in hell for @viper41's home town team, but that's a different story.:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Teams really should do away with the anniversary patches if you have a jersey ad.
Or just put them on a shoulder.

The ice itself has become so ad-filled it's being annoying. If the game's not that interesting, I have switched off multiple games last season just because it's so unwatchable. The amount of ads. Maybe I am too focused on them, but idk... it's just too much. Now they come one the jerseys as well, and it all little by little ruins the experience.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Or just put them on a shoulder.

The ice itself has become so ad-filled it's being annoying. If the game's not that interesting, I have switched off multiple games last season just because it's so unwatchable. The amount of ads. Maybe I am too focused on them, but idk... it's just too much. Now they come one the jerseys as well, and it all little by little ruins the experience.

Ads on the helmet, jersey, ice, boards, commercial breaks, intermission (i.e. more commercial breaks)... On-screen ads during play, ad reads... What am I missing?

Ad. AD. Anaheim Ducks.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Just my opinion, but I don’t care at all about the adds they currently have. Obviously we don’t want a slippery slope and end up like Europe, but this thing is small. Same with the helmet sticker.

Reactions: lwvs84

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Ads on the helmet, jersey, ice, boards, commercial breaks, intermission (i.e. more commercial breaks)... On-screen ads during play, ad reads... What am I missing?

Ad. AD. Anaheim Ducks.
On-screen ads during play are the most egregious. I've always loathed them, but didn't realize just how abysmal they are until they were gone in that multiple OT Panthers game in the ECF.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Well yes, but actually no. For the most part you get regular fast food such as fries, hotdogs, etc. but most of the time they're barely edible whatsoever due to them being produced in masses by completely oblivious unskilled workers. Don't know if this kind of concept also exists in NA, but most people are contracted to a company that just distributes them (to) a spot to work at for a short amount of time and then replaces them by someone else, sending person A to some other open spot.

The beer is btw often times just some local beer, which can be awesome (like in my hometown with Füchschen Alt) or horrible (like in northern Germany where they mostly sell extremely bitter pilsner, which makes your stomach growl for hours on end). Special place in hell for @viper41's home town team, but that's a different story.:sarcasm:
So like McDonalds type food ?
I've always wanted to visit Germany the most and I love the food from there. My paternal grandma would make Beef Rouladen and Kohlrouladen as well as german cookies for christmas. My grandparents used to travel to Germany quite a lot because both of their heritage is from there and my grandpa has cousins from Eastern Germany. Grandpa also used to go there for business trips during the cold war (I sometimes wonder if my grandpa was CIA lol) because he also sometimes went to Russia, Poland, Czech, Hungary and some of his work got used by the USA department of defense/pentagon. He worked with computers back in the 1950s.

The nearest German restaurant is in Anaheim, Santa Ana, or the one in Carlsbad in San Diego county.
No one wants to open one in southern OC lol.

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
If I have to watch the Samuelis stand athwart history yelling “stop!!!” and watch Fantilli wear that stubborn poopy Duck foot I’m becoming a Kings fan.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I got an email about the sponsor patch. Makes it so you feel a tad guilty about disliking it.

Western National Property Management, an official partner of the Anaheim Ducks, will be thefirst-ever partner to have its logo featured on a Ducks game jersey. This patch will be emblazoned on the upper right chest of the Ducks' jerseys and will be worn for all pre-season, regular-season, and postseason games in which the team dons its primary home and alternate jerseys.

For every authentic home and alternate jersey sold with a Western National Property Management patch, a donation of $10 will be made to a local community cause. Additionally,for every Anaheim Ducks win at Honda Center, a donation of $1,500 will be made to a local nonprofit to share the win with the community!

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I got an email about the sponsor patch. Makes it so you feel a tad guilty about disliking it.

Western National Property Management, an official partner of the Anaheim Ducks, will be thefirst-ever partner to have its logo featured on a Ducks game jersey. This patch will be emblazoned on the upper right chest of the Ducks' jerseys and will be worn for all pre-season, regular-season, and postseason games in which the team dons its primary home and alternate jerseys.

For every authentic home and alternate jersey sold with a Western National Property Management patch, a donation of $10 will be made to a local community cause. Additionally,for every Anaheim Ducks win at Honda Center, a donation of $1,500 will be made to a local nonprofit to share the win with the community!

Or, we could give $10 directly to a charity of our choosing to ensure it goes where we would want. and lets say they are a 35 win team this season, 20 of which come from at home, so $30k?

"Dear fans, to save everyone from having to wear the patch of some random organization on our sweaters, we are adding .25 to each ticket. That will net us an extra $150k that will be going straight to a local non-profit."

Its not about the charity, thats just a guilt trip way of making people OK with it.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Or, we could give $10 directly to a charity of our choosing to ensure it goes where we would want. and lets say they are a 35 win team this season, 20 of which come from at home, so $30k?

"Dear fans, to save everyone from having to wear the patch of some random organization on our sweaters, we are adding .25 to each ticket. That will net us an extra $150k that will be going straight to a local non-profit."

Its not about the charity, thats just a guilt trip way of making people OK with it.
It’s about charity AND about guilt tripping you into feeling ok about it.

I’m not buying a jersey unless it’s some new amazing thing at this point regardless. But it’s better than nothing, because they didn’t need to do that, and forced charitable contributions like you’re suggesting aren’t legal. 99% of the people buying a jersey wouldn’t make that contribution IMO.

Reactions: DuckRogers10
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

f***in landlords, f*** em.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad