Speculation: Possible jersey re-work next season

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
It’s almost certainly going to be orange-centric. Probably a question of whether it’s based on the current third, the reverse retro or something new entirely.

Yep, sounds like the current color scheme. I’d guess Reverse Retro with D should patches and then a reverse version for home.

Reactions: Kalv
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Yep, sounds like the current color scheme. I’d guess Reverse Retro with D should patches and then a reverse version for home.

Maybe this is wishful thinking but I wouldn’t be surprised if the D logo just gets either fully or semi retired. It’s not a great shoulder patch and I wouldn’t doubt if there’s an appetite for some new logo, even if it is a secondary one. Plus the gold just complicates things but maybe that’s going to stay regardless.

I just don't like black as the main color. Why couldn't these just come work the eggplant color? Also that logo doesn't even work as shoulder patches but I could live with that.
The point of that jersey was to try and incorporate all seven colors used by the franchise in its 25 years, which is an outrageous concept that they somehow pulled off, so more black made more sense.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Awesome. Just keep the reverse retro, pants and all. Gorgeous! The original home whites with jade/eggplant will always be my favorites but these new ones are our best outfits in the last 25 years or so.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Awesome. Just keep the reverse retro, pants and all. Gorgeous! The original home whites with jade/eggplant will always be my favorites but these new ones are our best outfits in the last 25 years or so.
Given the Samueli’s penchant for graphic design and ego I’m a bit skeptical they’re gonna run with an older design with new colors. Then again this reverse retro is the first jersey forced on them that the team has worn more than the bare minimum so maybe they’re coming around.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Just rebrand to the old logo, get the current reverse retro outfit in black for the home outfit, and call it a day. We'd be good for quite some time, honestly. It's really the best of both worlds, emphasis on both.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I really like this new kit. I'm not a big fan of the main orange they've gone with for the past few years now for the extra jerseys. I've always felt it's too much orange and wondered if a lighter tone would work better instead. But these new ones look really crisp and awesome. Not even sure if the orange is of a lighter tone of it's the effect of having white as the main color. Anyway I really wish these will stick as the old color pallette won't be returning.

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
Nice to see the Samuelis are just discovering the concept of free money. I trust that source, and I actually think we won’t have to wait a few years either.

Jerseys and Bedard. The two dreams of Ducks fans lol

Reactions: Kalv and SmokeyDuck

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
Update (and it's a Stephens special):

Any chance the Ducks will ever bring the old logo back? The reverse uniforms were awesome. Thanks always for the great coverage, Eric! – Michael V.

I’m a fan of this Reverse Retro and wouldn’t mind at all if they went with that as the regular road sweater, though with black pants and white/orange/gold striping if the current colors were kept. And I don’t think I’m the only one that has noticed the original logo popping up more often in promotional opportunities. The team might argue it already has. Will it return as the permanent main logo? There is always a chance and I have a funny feeling there might be a real good chance. Just my opinion.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

ah shit... nnothing against that company but those patches certainly are not making this jersey look any better.

PS
Also, so the new jerseys are not coming.

Reactions: Frosted Tips

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022

The ad itself could be worse at least, but I'm curious how accurate this jersey is or if it's just a quick demonstrative mock-up...
If it's accurate, then the ad plus the anniversary patch means we get the same lovely cluttered nonsense with the letters that the teams in the Final had, but we get it all season? Yay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad