Speculation: Possible jersey re-work next season

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
FYI, the top tweet is legit, I have no idea about the bottom 2 pictures I just re-posted them because I saw them.

Reactions: Kalv

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I don’t think they’ll make the triangle orange, they’ll make the hockey sticks orange which matches the oval MD logo.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
As long as the old logo comes back then I will be ecstatic.

Ideally this would be the permeant home jersey, but I will take the old logo at the least.
1651071955585.png

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
This could also just mean that the reverse retro is orange, maybe that's even the most likely scenario given how Hoven worded that one. We already offer an orange jersey, a new white one isn't really more orange.

I dunno, they have done it twice before but I'd find it weird if they yet again did a jersey overhaul a year or two before yet another new template is introduced. Don't know why they wouldn't learn their lesson from that one.

I also kinda hope that's not the way they go. I like the orange third a lot but another transition like that is boring and if they make a major change I'd really like to see the gold go. Maybe it does, in the last switch the 2015 home had some noticeable(and IMO significantly better) changes from the 2014 third.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Hoven's prior tweet to that is really funny though

Vegas' greys are a both a great look and a totally unique one and they're gonna ditch it for that monstrosity? What a bad call, one of the better looks in the league to the worst. Well hopefully it would nudge us away from the gold if they're gonna go all-in on it.

Reactions: OKR

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm not a fan of the orange sweaters, but if it means bringing back the original logo then go right ahead

or they could make this all easier and simply bring back the original sweaters and logo

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Hoven's prior tweet to that is really funny though

Vegas' greys are a both a great look and a totally unique one and they're gonna ditch it for that monstrosity? What a bad call, one of the better looks in the league to the worst. Well hopefully it would nudge us away from the gold if they're gonna go all-in on it.

I completely agree. I own each of the Vegas jerseys and the gold is easily my least favorite, mainly because of the material. The gray is the best. It's also weird because Foley said a couple months back that the gray wasn't going anywhere, but it would be close to a 50/50 split between gray and gold.

With regards to the Ducks I'm all for anything that means more Mighty Duck logo and less webbed D. Although I would be interested to see an orange mock up of the Mighty Ducks script jersey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducks in a row

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949

Ideally this would be the permeant home jersey, but I will take the old logo at the least.
View attachment 536531
This 25th Anniversary jersey is hands down the best jersey they’ve had since the original jerseys went away in 2006. The webbed D on the shoulders is much better than the wild wing mask ones they use to have.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
This 25th Anniversary jersey is hands down the best jersey they’ve had since the original jerseys went away in 2006. The webbed D on the shoulders is much better than the wild wing mask ones they use to have.
100% agree.

I was shocked that it did not stay. Every time I wear it at another arena people always say how great it looks.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
100% agree.

I was shocked that it did not stay. Every time I wear it at another arena people always say how great it looks.
The jersey really does a good job of mashing the old with the new. It’s sharp and clean and the colors work perfectly. I’d rather have this as our home jersey. I wear it 90% of the home games I attend. You can still buy them at the Anaheim team store online. They actually sell the real on ice authentics that are made in Canada and not the flimsy ones made in Indonesia.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I like the Webbed D as the shoulder hit, it fits there. I dont hate it but I can see why some might not like it. I dont think they will go back to old colors, old jerseys unless its for a special occasion. I think the days of eggplant and teal are behind us.

I just hope to use the old logo more. Im not a fan of when teams have multiple and very different logos. adapt it to the style of the day but other than that, leave it as classic as you can.

As for going MORE orange... I wonder if they end up doing a color rush setup like the NFL does. Orange head to toe. Helmet, gloves, pants, whole 9.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I just wish they would bring the old colors back. Not a fan of the orange. Even worse, I find the numbers hard to read on the current thirds. But I'd take back the Mighty Ducks logo in a heart beat, even with the new colors.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Please Ducks, don't mess this up. You have the potential to have one of the best looking jerseys in the league and 2 good, young Americans to market. Use one to market the other, #46 could be one of the highest selling jerseys in the league.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
The jersey really does a good job of mashing the old with the new. It’s sharp and clean and the colors work perfectly. I’d rather have this as our home jersey. I wear it 90% of the home games I attend. You can still buy them at the Anaheim team store online. They actually sell the real on ice authentics that are made in Canada and not the flimsy ones made in Indonesia.
It's shocking the NHL shop/Fanatics both stopped selling even the blank one. It would still easily be the best seller. Hell, I would've bought one because I was thinking about getting a Hampus one made, then he got traded and now it wouldn't feel right. (But I still might because damn does it look so good)

Reactions: jiggsawpuzzle35
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I just wish they would bring the old colors back. Not a fan of the orange. Even worse, I find the numbers hard to read on the current thirds. But I'd take back the Mighty Ducks logo in a heart beat, even with the new colors.

Never understood this either. They should've kept it!

View attachment 536531

This should have been the permanent home jersey.

you know what jersey I have always liked? these 'recycled material' adidas ones

1651088303730.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad