Prospect Info: Portland Pirates AHL - Arizona Coyotes Minor League Affiliate III

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Pirates affiliation agreement set to expire; AHL pondering movement out west:
By Chris Roy | Apr. 14, 2014
LEWISTON – The Portland Pirates affiliation agreement with the Phoenix Coyotes is set to expire following the end of the regular season, but both parties are sounding confident that a new agreement is within reach.

READ MORE>>>>>

~ Also have thoughts from PHX Asst. GM on western expansion

REM17

Jul 21, 2010
Switzerland
AHL team:
Werek - RFA, he's gone. In fact he really owes the Coyotes money back
Kennedy - UFA, he's gone.
Hextall - UFA, he's gone.
Yip - UFA, he's gone.

Maybes:
Fairchild - UFA
Brodeur - RFA
Weller - RFA
Miele - UFA, I'd like to bring him back strictly to make AHL better

There are rumors that a Team from Switzerland is interested in Mieles services.
Can someone give me some insights about him? The stats look quite nice.

Karlkarotte

Jul 24, 2013
There are rumors that a Team from Switzerland is interested in Mieles services.
Can someone give me some insights about him? The stats look quite nice.

which team in switzerland? I think he will fit in well in CH, I honeslty havent seen him play more than a handful of times, but the skill is there for sure. Im actually really familiar with swiss hockey, i lived in zentral schwiiz for 8 years and my wife is swiss:D

REM17

Jul 21, 2010
Switzerland
which team in switzerland? I think he will fit in well in CH, I honeslty havent seen him play more than a handful of times, but the skill is there for sure. Im actually really familiar with swiss hockey, i lived in zentral schwiiz for 8 years and my wife is swiss:D

hopp schwiiz!!:D

Thanks for the quick assessment:)

looks like EVZ is interested in him

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Miele has all the skill in the world. He's just too weak to play in the NHL- he gets pushed around and loses puck battles. I suspect he would look great in the Swiss league. But another team might be willing to give him a more prolonged look in the show.

REM17

Jul 21, 2010
Switzerland
Miele has all the skill in the world. He's just too weak to play in the NHL- he gets pushed around and loses puck battles. I suspect he would look great in the Swiss league. But another team might be willing to give him a more prolonged look in the show.

thanks! how about his skating?

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Pirates moving season finale to Saco
By Chris Roy | Updated: April 15, 2014

SACO – The circus is coming to town after all Saturday as the Androscoggin Bank Colisee will host the Kora Shire Circus as scheduled. As a result the Portland Pirates will play their season finale on that day at 7pm at MHG Ice Centre in Saco.

READ MORE>>>>

Swat Ultra

~Hockey!~
Sep 23, 2010
Northern NH

Yeah, i think someone will give him a better look. Miele has such a high level of skill and a good head. Its pretty clear to me he wont be here next year by choice.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
He put up great numbers...he's going to get a look from someone else, and he really does need to consider moving to wing. He'd have a better shot at making it.

My guess is that he needs to go to Montreal or Buffalo or Calgary.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Carey has had 1 goal only but how did he look? I cant believe the habs didnt get to sign this skilled forward. He is also from Hamilton native and could have been interesting for the Hamilton Bulldogs. I guess we seek size so much that we are afraid to sign another smallish forward.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Lewiston: The Pirates’ long road to nowhere
Chris Roy | April, 21 2014
PORTLAND – The American Hockey League schedule showed the Portland Pirates played 38 home games at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in Lewiston this season, but the way the players felt, they might as well have played every game on the road.

READ MORE>>>>>>

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Flames hire Treliving as new GM
Chris Roy | Updated: April 28, 2014

PORTLAND – The Portland Pirates will need a new general manager.

Brad Treliving, who served as the Pirates general manager for the last three seasons, has been hired by the Calgary Flames as the club’s new general manager. The Flames will introduce him to the media in a press conference later today.

READ MORE>>>>>

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad