Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
87uQ7Kj.gif

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
his cap hit being $9 million didn't prevent the Devils from making any moves nor is it long enough to affect the Devils long term. don't know why people are so hung about salary

because when you see him play you understand that nashville would probably have taken a bag of pucks for him

Reactions: Patrik26

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
This team seriously sucks. Can’t even do the f***ing basics and our dmen killed the game tonight with horrible passes and blown coverages

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
I just feel as if PK Subban was always overrated. He was always an overly selfish D-man and even in his prime at Montreal he really didn't look that good. He took too many shots, turned the puck over too much, and ruined the locker room chemistry. Now he's at the end of his prime and he doesn't even look like he's an NHLer.
Nah. He was tilting the ice every shift when in MTL. Stats back that up. He was amazing. Ruined looker room chemistry? Well... he took the habs on his back further in the playoffs than any player since Roy

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
his cap hit being $9 million didn't prevent the Devils from making any moves nor is it long enough to affect the Devils long term. don't know why people are so hung about salary
In a league with a hard cap I do not know how anyone evaluates a player without relating their salary to their performance.

It is not going to hurt because the team is not good enough. If the team had played well this year it certainly could have hurt.

Reactions: Patrik26

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
Why is it that whenever they get good goaltending it feels like the can’t score more than 1 goal. And whenever they can score a bunch of the goals, the goaltending shits the bed?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
In a league with a hard cap I do not know how anyone evaluates a player without relating their salary to their performance.

It is not going to hurt because the team is not good enough. If the team had played well this year it certainly could have hurt.
How if they were good -- they would have plenty of cap space at the deadline to acquire someone else, the contract wouldn't prevent them from signing Hall nor Hischier.

ppl talk about Subban this and that but he has missed the playoffs once as a player.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

As if $9 million is chump change? I need to get that crystal ball - mine's defective.

because when you see him play you understand that nashville would probably have taken a bag of pucks for him

+1.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I’m starting to think it doesn’t matter who would be in this lineup. We could add mcdavid and Crosby tomorrow and I still think this would only be a .500 team at best. There is an endemic problem here. We’ve got an entire team playing like rookies. Watch the mistakes Hughes makes...it’s literally the exact same ones most of the roster make as well.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Our only d in our lineup right now I want to keep is Subban and Vantanen.
Next year Smith better be ready or it will be yet another long season of suckage.
Shero has to get a legit top 4 Dman in the Hall trade .
That and an actual NHL starting goalie

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I really despise this group. it is so much time to move on from this core of players.. it hurts I'm done with greene , zajac, hall... I'm just done with this group... i have not more nostalgia for these guys... they are not good. the goaltending is shit.. at this point I would take a goalie for hall straight up i don't even care.. Hall has played a little better recently but who cares

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
It isn’t going to get better until all of Hynes stuff is purged and the new coach comes in.

It’s that simple.

Coaching is overrated beyond those few transformational coaches like Trotz. This team sucks, a marginal upgrade behind the bench won’t change that.

We need a heart transplant.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Our only d in our lineup right now I want to keep is Subban and Vantanen.
Next year Smith better be ready or it will be yet another long season of suckage.
Shero has to get a legit top 4 Dman in the Hall trade .
That and an actual NHL starting goalie
you had a typo.. it typed "Subban" can't be right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad