Player Discussion Pontus Aberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Pretty funny we are talking of being a seller at the tdl even though we are in 2nd place.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Pretty funny we are talking of being a seller at the tdl even though we are in 2nd place.
We blow. It's not our fault that the rest of the Pacific also blows, sometimes even harder than we do because their goalies are inferior. Even winning the division wouldn't guarantee even getting to the second round of the playoffs. And our management should definitely anticipate that. How do you expect the team NOT to want to sell in this situation?

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
We blow. It's not our fault that the rest of the Pacific also blows, sometimes even harder than we do because their goalies are inferior. Even winning the division wouldn't guarantee even getting to the second round of the playoffs. And our management should definitely anticipate that. How do you expect the team NOT to want to sell in this situation?
Just an observation. Trust me, I'm all for a fire sale as I dont see much of an future for us with an elite 1c. I'd be tanking hard for Hughes and accumulating picks.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Ah, gotcha. Hard to tell who's in what camp these days.

It is mind-boggling how low the Pacific has fallen. I'm watching the San Jose GDT and sub-forum descend deeper into vicious Peter DeBoer hatred and distraught frustration with every passing minute and wondering how on earth we got here.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Ah, gotcha. Hard to tell who's in what camp these days.

It is mind-boggling how low the Pacific has fallen. I'm watching the San Jose GDT and sub-forum descend deeper into vicious Peter DeBoer hatred and distraught frustration with every passing minute and wondering how on earth we got here.

So they are in the same boat as us then haha. It's interesting that all three California teams seem to be struggling at the same time after years of being very competitive, and all three fan bases are handling it much the same way.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
If they are out of it by the deadline (doubtful with this division) I wouldn't be surprised if they sell him to a contender.

As an RFA (even with arbitration) he'll likely be too cheap to re-sign for Murray to want to move him unless it's part of a larger package. He is on pace for 40 points and probably will be bridged to a contract with an AAV between the Kase and Ritchie deals. That is probably more valuable to Murray in the short term than whatever he would bring in in a trade.

I'd still entertain moving him though if we are out of the race by the deadline. I like Aberg but for him to be most successful he is going to need to be stapled to a scoring line and we are only ever going to have two of those in the Carlyle/Murray era so I don't see where he fits if/when this team gets fully healthy. We'd either have to abandon the notion of a third line "shutdown line" which is doubtful as long as Kesler is with the team, or abandon the philosophy of having a fourth line full of grinders and PKers, which is doubtful as long as Carlyle is the coach.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Potential was always there now it looks like he is in an environment where he fits. Good for the Ducks. Having Raks and Hampus will help for sure. They are about the same age and know each other long enough. He looks like a keeper for the Ducks. Honestly I'd do a 2-3y bridge deal similar to Nick Ritchie right now.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He will have to keep up this pace for us to resign him. Look at all the youngsters coming up, we will have to make a place for them as well.
But so far he`s doing very well, he will surely have a contract next year, I`m just not yet convinced if it will be here

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He will have to keep up this pace for us to resign him. Look at all the youngsters coming up, we will have to make a place for them as well.
But so far he`s doing very well, he will surely have a contract next year, I`m just not yet convinced if it will be here
At 25, he's still a youngster himself, barely. Outside of Terry, none of our young forwards are really banging on the door with their play so far, so I don't think you could say Aberg is blocking anyone. I'd hang onto him unless we decide to do more than retool at the end of the season.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I wonder how much of it was a wake up call from not being claimed when the Ducks sent him down... hopefully that was the jolt he needed to take things seriously and work on his game.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
I wonder how much of it was a wake up call from not being claimed when the Ducks sent him down... hopefully that was the jolt he needed to take things seriously and work on his game.

Bob probably sent out a mass text saying that if anyone touched him he was gonna put a claim in for anything and everything. Rookie on conditioning stint? put it in. 4th liner sent to AHL? put it in. Hot dog vendor who's car broke down and missed his shift? you got it.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Arthuros

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Bob probably sent out a mass text saying that if anyone touched him he was gonna put a claim in for anything and everything. Rookie on conditioning stint? put it in. 4th liner sent to AHL? put it in. Hot dog vendor who's car broke down and missed his shift? you got it.
Misplaced resume for the accounting department? Sounds good.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
A team with no NHL players wouldn’t have claimed him after the first game he played here.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
One more point and he will double his career high in points.

He's been awesome, I hope we can afford to keep him.

He looks good doing it, too. You can tell his confidence is kicking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad