Player Discussion Pontus Aberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I never said immediately but once healthy he will be the obvious first call up.
Sherwood, Gibbons and Street are Ahl caliber and Anaheim has nothing invested in them and nothing long term

Jones throws hits when have I ever posted he's a regular fighter or enforcer
He will be up because not only is he simply better than who he will be replacing but he has top 6 upside

I want to follow this logic. Sherwood, Gibbons, and Street are bottom six players. Max Jones is a top-6 player. Why would the Ducks stick Jones in a bottom-6 role in the NHL as opposed to getting top-6 minutes in the AHL to future develop his offensive game? As of right now, Jones has no weight in promotion due to his injury all throughout pre-season. If both Kase and Jones return healthy at the same time, then it's Kase 100 out of 100 times that will up with the NHL club.

I'm a huge Max Jones fan, but the best ability happens to be availability. This is where Maxy Comtois took advantage of Jones' absence. The NHL club is paid well for the Maxy's contribution. Leave Jones in the AHL to first get acclimated to playing the game and then acclimated to playing the AHL game. The organization needs to develop offensive weapons, but also do it on merit. What has Jones done for the Ducks in the AHL and NHL levels? Nothing so far.

Now, do I want Jones playing a bottom-6 role with bottom-6 minutes at the NHL level or a top-6 role with top-6 minutes at the AHL level? If all you see is that Jones is a bottom-6 player, then by all means rush him up to the NHL club. If not, then you let Jones develop being a top-6 player b/c the org will need that type of player sooner than later.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I never said immediately but once healthy he will be the obvious first call up.
Sherwood, Gibbons and Street are Ahl caliber and Anaheim has nothing invested in them and nothing long term
Sherwood and gibbons have been 2 of our best players....

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
jones still has a while to go in his development before he's NHL ready due to all his injuries

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas
Bakersfield wasn't that ba-

I can't even finish that sentence. Bakersfield was the goddamn worst, even driving through it sucked.

The thing Coalinga is known for becomes inescapable to anyone driving this section of Interstate 5. It hits you like a wall. Fierce. Haunting. First it hits your nose, then it lingers on your tongue. Like something died in your mouth, and then rotted.
Above all else, Coalinga is known for its smell.

Weekend America: Coming Home to a Smell

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Well, until Getzlaf and Rowney come back we were down to 12 forwards with Terry sent down and Ritchie waiting for his visa. This gives us a spare just in case. But I thought that sending Terry down meant that at least Getzlaf was coming back for the weekend. Maybe not given this move. And then again, given how open the Ducks are with information, one of the 12 forwards could have gotten hurt, sick, or abducted by aliens.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I'd say the jury is still out on this guy but he has some potential. Good skill, pretty good effort on the forecheck, looks to make plays and create.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->