Player Discussion Pontus Aberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don't know, I didn't expect much at all after his first game. But he had points 8 points in his 16 games with the Oilers last year and he dominates the AHL. Maybe he's a guy who is starting to figure it out in North America. He's only 25 so he'd be a pretty late bloomer but maybe he can be our Yanni Gourde

I certainly think the upside to him is higher than Brian Gibbons and Ben Street. He has some hands and speed

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
He’s been gradually inproving in every game. I remember reading posts on his first game when posters were saying he sucked and why did we acquire him. He’s been getting better and better!

Reactions: Ducks DVM

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Aberg is certainly an interesting one, it's obvious he has skill but he hasn't been able to convert that into solid NHL performances despite putting up good AHL numbers.

While he's riding a hot streak at the moment, I'm interested to see if he can end up being a 15 to 20 goal type guy potentially given he's still quite young.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Might be a late blooming Swede, not the first time that happend. Wich him the best.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Tough to say where he will end up. Personally I think a lot of younger players have a skill set to be successful, but lack the drive and work ethic to make it. They are also put into tough situations to succeed, or just not utilized.

Obviously someone like Marchessault is a great example, Wild Bill is another one, of teams overlooking talent and burying it. But there are also so many Chris Wagners who have been given chances and take shifts off.

Time will tell if Aberg sticks or falls into a familiar category, either through his actions or the teams.

John

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Another guy who will make $$ on Getlaf's wing (coattails). Good for him if he can fit in on that line.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Next thing you know, we'll find out that "Pontus" isn't pronounced like we think it is...

Please tell me that "Pont-" is pronounced like "font".

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
25 yo RFA with arbitration rights. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him this summer if he maintains his play all year.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
25 yo RFA with arbitration rights. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him this summer if he maintains his play all year.
If they are out of it by the deadline (doubtful with this division) I wouldn't be surprised if they sell him to a contender.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Maybe he's friends with Silf & it becomes part of why Silf ends up taking a discount in his next contract.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah, that's found money. If Murray goes full seller, we could be a one-stop shop for teams looking to fill out their middle six.
Bobby Murray is basicly a pawn shop owner that goes to storage auctions for hockey players.

Coming soon to TV: 'Hockey Storage Wars' with Bob Murray. See how Bob finds players in the bargin bin & sells them to suckers for a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad