[POLL] Who gets named Captain next season?

Who gets named Captain next season?

• Total voters

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If they still haven't made one of Kreider/Mika, then they are waiting on a kid to take that role.

Foxy.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
1 year bump?

@leetch99 was browsing on these boards for 62 minutes looking for this thread. I respect this.

C - Fox
A - Kreider
A - Zbad

Yes. I’m on the Fox Wagon.

All American, blueline straddling, all-situational, super nerd. Adam Fox.

I’m pretty sure he’s the new Captain America too.

View attachment 411786
View attachment 411787
HAHAHAHA! I thought the same thing! Dead ringer.

Reactions: Kupo

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I said kreider because i thought thats where they'd lean but im even doubting it if they havent given it to him yet, like what are they waiting for if he actually ends up captain? My choice at this point is Lindgren, leaves everything on the ice, sticks up for teammates and is a living example of how good you can be if you put the work in.

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Shit, I thought that was him.
Sorry...it was not me who bumped it...I did look through it though to see who did...and I still don't know . Once I started reading it again though I went and looked at my answer from a year ago....I think I was bang on and still am....Lindgren all the way. Seriously..I will swear on the Bible though...I never bumped it !

Reactions: Cmox

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Sorry...it was not me who bumped it...I did look through it though to see who did...and I still don't know . Once I started reading it again though I went and looked at my answer from a year ago....I think I was bang on and still am....Lindgren all the way. Seriously..I will swear on the Bible though...I never bumped it !
Haha no worries. It’s still a relevant discussion and that capt. America looks exactly like fox. And Lindgren definitely needs a letter. I dunno which but he needs one.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Somebody must have Liked a post and that brought it back to the top.....and when I clicked on it I actually thought it was a new thread and when I started reading the replies ...I said WTF!!! So...the sleuths that thought it was me can stop as they are not good at it LOL...

Last edited:

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
I felt before the season with all that Laf has accomplished that he'd have a very successful first year (yea...) and even better second year and the Rangers would name him captain on his 3rd year at 21. Couple great stat years, a playoff or two under his belt and maybe a push for team lead in points or 2nd to Panarin in his sophomore year coupled with his work ethic and maturity to me was his trajectory.

I'm not a huge fan of young captains. I clearly set the bar too high, but really felt that was his projection. I feel the team is underperforming, I do think they should be a playoff team this year and next and I feel Laf will bring it next year and finish strong this year. He's great in interviews, very mature and has the makeup to be a great leader.

If Kreider and Zib were captain material they would've been chosen by now. Zib is a quiet leader. Sure he smiles and has fun when things are going well, but he's Droopy the dog when things aren't going his way. He's too soft spoken.

Kreider is perfect in the A role. Leader off the ice, workouts etc.

I'm hoping Fox or Laf step up and take over this team soon. I'm thinking it'll be Laf when the time is right.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Wonder if they'd consider bringing back Hank as like the 14th forward or 8th dman just to have him around the team in the room and give him the C he should have had for years.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I think they prefer the A's. I wonder if it making them on sort of a even plain? So at certain times one of them can act as C and vocalize when its needed. I've seen both Zibs and Krieder talk to refs and do C type things. Maybe its a team decision ?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I can’t remember a time the Rangers went so long between captains. Can’t say it’s not warranted either.

I think the long-term leadership structure will include Fox, Lindgren and Lafreniere. Some continuity would be good for the club.

6zag

Apr 30, 2016
I can’t remember a time the Rangers went so long between captains. Can’t say it’s not warranted either.

I think the long-term leadership structure will include Fox, Lindgren and Lafreniere. Some continuity would be good for the club.

Lafreniere? Why? And how did you come to this conclusion?

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
Kreider is already the de facto captain of the Rangers. Seems obvious to me just by watching the team leave the ice after every victory. Not sure the benefit of not making it official.

Reactions: blue425

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
If the C does in fact negatively impact a player why have one?
Stick with the As
If we had to have one
Lindgren

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm hoping Fox or Laf step up and take over this team soon. I'm thinking it'll be Laf when the time is right.
That time may not be for a while.

Besides, I think that everyone already recognizes of who the leader i(Kreider) s and what the leadership group (Kreider, Strome, Trouba) looks like right now.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
That time may not be for a while.

Besides, I think that everyone already recognizes of who the leader i(Kreider) s and what the leadership group (Kreider, Strome, Trouba) looks like right now.

I agree on Kreider being the obvious choice. I'm just putting him to the side because if brass felt he was captain material, he would be by now. Maybe him disappearing for stretches and never going full Kreider is why he's not.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree on Kreider being the obvious choice. I'm just putting him to the side because if brass felt he was captain material, he would be by now. Maybe him disappearing for stretches and never going full Kreider is why he's not.
Him being inconsistent in his scoring is not the reason that he is not captain right now

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Him being inconsistent in his scoring is not the reason that he is not captain right now

Not so much the scoring as much as the lack of effort some nights. The usual disappearing acts he goes through a couple times a year. Maybe brass wants to see if he'll take a step this year leadership wise and see how the guys respond.

I feel our next captain has to show up in the room night in and night out, be heard on the bench and set the tone for each games highs and lows. Production matters to an extent, preparation, being a consummate pro and a teacher of the game would help. I do not think Zib or Trouba are C material. Perfect as A's.

Kreider checks a lot of boxes, way more than anyone else on the current roster. He's got the experience and work ethic. Brass likely would've named him captain to start the season if they truly felt he was the guy. Why do you feel he isn't the captain?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad